SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cabin noise. Rhino vs RZR

Go down 
+7
AIRBORNE
Big-R
roamerr
ChrisC
GunRunner
Gary
Last Chance Rhino
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Last Chance Rhino
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Cabin noise.  Rhino vs RZR Empty
PostSubject: Cabin noise. Rhino vs RZR   Cabin noise.  Rhino vs RZR EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 9:10 am

Those of you who have owned both or compared both- The 700 Rhino and the RZR, which has the LESS cabin noise? Just wondering. Sid.
Back to top Go down
Gary

Gary

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Cabin noise. Rhino vs RZR   Cabin noise.  Rhino vs RZR EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 9:41 am

I think any time you have the motor inside the cabin its going to be a lot louder as compared to behind you at least you can get some heat off the rhino motor .what po po Ive ridden in were a whole lot quiter than rhino but I will keep my rhino lol
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Cabin noise. Rhino vs RZR   Cabin noise.  Rhino vs RZR EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 10:38 am

my rzr has no cab noise it all comes from outside.
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

Number of posts : 5483
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Cabin noise. Rhino vs RZR   Cabin noise.  Rhino vs RZR EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 10:45 am

A 700 Rhino and a RZR is about the same noise in side.
a 660 is loud in the cab. due to the air intake...... Wink
Back to top Go down
roamerr
SSXSRider Member
roamerr

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2008-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Cabin noise. Rhino vs RZR   Cabin noise.  Rhino vs RZR EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 10:50 am

Rzr is quieter than Rhino but non of them allow easy conversations. The 660 Rhino is loudest but I like it. I don't go riding to listen to someone talk. affraid
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Cabin noise. Rhino vs RZR   Cabin noise.  Rhino vs RZR EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 9:28 pm

roamerr wrote:
Rzr is quieter than Rhino but non of them allow easy conversations. The 660 Rhino is loudest but I like it. I don't go riding to listen to someone talk. affraid

I thought we would ride together and talk about clutches Cabin noise.  Rhino vs RZR 13435
Back to top Go down
roamerr
SSXSRider Member
roamerr

PostSubject: Re: Cabin noise. Rhino vs RZR   Cabin noise.  Rhino vs RZR EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 9:33 pm

I thought we would ride together and talk about clutches

I was thinkin the same thing in Evarts BigR. I gave up at 10am when I still had not seen you at the North Campground after I had been there since 8am. I gotta figure out what time those gather at 8:30am and leave at 9am rides really start at.... scratch

Cabin noise.  Rhino vs RZR 13435 Sleep roflmao
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Cabin noise. Rhino vs RZR   Cabin noise.  Rhino vs RZR EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 9:59 pm

roamerr wrote:
I thought we would ride together and talk about clutches

I was thinkin the same thing in Evarts BigR. I gave up at 10am when I still had not seen you at the North Campground after I had been there since 8am. I gotta figure out what time those gather at 8:30am and leave at 9am rides really start at.... scratch

Cabin noise.  Rhino vs RZR 13435 Sleep roflmao

Yeah sorry we missed you guys on the ride. That is twice we have not rode together. We were just down the street and moving pretty slow that morning. I think there is something in the water there drunken
Back to top Go down
Last Chance Rhino
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2008-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Cabin noise. Rhino vs RZR   Cabin noise.  Rhino vs RZR EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 8:18 am

Maybe I should have asked, which has the less noise inside the cabin. I just don't understand why the Rhino has the level of noise it has from vibration, engine and drive train. I have had tractors, mowers, ATVs, etc that were all less noisy. I know, I am getting older and maybe it just bothers me more. Ear plugs help, but it makes talking to a passenger difficult.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Cabin noise. Rhino vs RZR   Cabin noise.  Rhino vs RZR EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 8:59 am

It is noisy in my Rhino, but nothing that I can't deal with. I just turn the radio up louder.

Roamer, we were not all on the same sheet of music. I thought the SxS were going to stick together and do the on-park stuff. Maybe we did not express that clearly enough on Friday night. I think Big R is right........there is something in the water down there. drunken Chug
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
roamerr
SSXSRider Member
roamerr

PostSubject: Re: Cabin noise. Rhino vs RZR   Cabin noise.  Rhino vs RZR EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 11:26 am

LT -- I knew there was discussion on Friday night. Some wanted to ride and mostly drink and some wanted to mostly ride. I drove 500 miles round trip for 1 good day of riding. When 10am hit I was going with the group that was leaving at that time. I knew that your group had to be back at the North Camprgound by 5pm so that ride was gonna be short since it was starting late (the discussion Friday night was leave by 9am). We were at the North Campground until 11:30 pm or so Saturday night -- we finished our ride around 8pm. Actually I wanted to do the off-park mostly anyway. I find the off-park is generally the most interesting riding. We'll all ride together another time. I still rode with some SouthernSxS'rs and had a good time. drive
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Cabin noise. Rhino vs RZR   Cabin noise.  Rhino vs RZR EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 11:37 am

I think everyone had a good time. No hurt feelings here. I am looking forward to March. :hijacked:
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

Number of posts : 2745
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Cabin noise. Rhino vs RZR   Cabin noise.  Rhino vs RZR EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 1:54 pm

my 660 aint that loud now I just crank up the radio Rockband Smiles
Back to top Go down
Dreth

Number of posts : 346
Registration date : 2008-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Cabin noise. Rhino vs RZR   Cabin noise.  Rhino vs RZR EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 6:16 pm

I snorkled my rhino all the way to the top of the cage and cut the cab noise in half.
Back to top Go down
Neuromax
SSXSRider Member
Neuromax

Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2008-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Cabin noise. Rhino vs RZR   Cabin noise.  Rhino vs RZR EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 7:23 pm

Airborne LT wrote:
I think everyone had a good time. No hurt feelings here. I am looking forward to March. :hijacked:

We ended up having a good ride and it got interesting when we got separated from the guide but we all had a good time and none of us was too worried. Well almost none of us

shutup

We will make it up in March :campfire: RZR Rhino Tent Drunk2
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

Number of posts : 5483
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Cabin noise. Rhino vs RZR   Cabin noise.  Rhino vs RZR EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 7:58 pm

Well when i drove the RZR , if your on the gas , it ant quite
buy no means. it is quiter than the 700 at ideal for sure.
the 660 is way louder inside than a 700 , like i said its all due to
the air intake . But snorkeled i guess it would not matter... lol!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Cabin noise. Rhino vs RZR   Cabin noise.  Rhino vs RZR EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 8:23 pm

Wear a helment..........there all queit then............
Back to top Go down
RZRSguy

RZRSguy

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2008-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Cabin noise. Rhino vs RZR   Cabin noise.  Rhino vs RZR EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 11:09 pm

I had a 660 and now an rzrs, the rzr is more quiet but not much of a diference in noise.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cabin noise. Rhino vs RZR   Cabin noise.  Rhino vs RZR Empty

Back to top Go down

Cabin noise. Rhino vs RZR
Page 1 of 1