SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fern Lake Farewell Ride - IMPORTANT DATE CHANGE INFO

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BCO
SSXSRider Member
BCO

Number of posts : 533
Registration date : 2008-01-31

Fern Lake Farewell Ride - IMPORTANT DATE CHANGE INFO Empty
PostSubject: Fern Lake Farewell Ride - IMPORTANT DATE CHANGE INFO   Fern Lake Farewell Ride - IMPORTANT DATE CHANGE INFO EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 8:51 pm

Folks after a meeting with the head ranger at C-Gap park has told me NOT to conduct the Farewell Fern Lake Ride on March 14th. The times I was told before by rangers about when the park was getting the land were incorrect and its happening sooner than originally thought.

I will still be doing a Fern Lake Farewell THIS SUNDAY, MARCH 1st. . It simply has to be done this quickly. If anyones able to go on this day, we will still meet at my barn at 10AM.

Trust me, no one was more disappointed over this than me. This has been my place to ride and fish for years...my second home...Sorry for the inconveince and if anyone has any questions just email me at hollercrawlers@hotmail.com and if anyone has any comments or questions for the head park ranger at C-Gap park, he gave me his card and told me to tell everyone to feel free to contact him. Just ask for it in an email and Ill be happy to provide it. Sorry again and if youre able to go this Sunday, please come.

Map to our barn:
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=116199913397240908192.00044dbd5266851ac3d23&ll=36.595753,-83.70904&spn=0.035558,0.054932&z=14

Last edited by BCO on Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.hollercrawlers.com
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Fern Lake Farewell Ride - IMPORTANT DATE CHANGE INFO   Fern Lake Farewell Ride - IMPORTANT DATE CHANGE INFO EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 9:32 pm

That is the same weekend as the Wagon Wheel ride in WV
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
BCO
SSXSRider Member
BCO

PostSubject: Re: Fern Lake Farewell Ride - IMPORTANT DATE CHANGE INFO   Fern Lake Farewell Ride - IMPORTANT DATE CHANGE INFO EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 10:09 pm

Airborne LT wrote:

well crap...i was trying to coordinate with everyone as best i could and total missed that one. i know there was a ride at brimstone the week before, and several in evarts as well...this was the only open weekend i could find that wed still be ok to ride it. itll be completely shut down by april, thats been told to me by a park ranger.

i didnt even realize thats the same weekend. if you want to come down before or maybe slightly after i can possibly take you. yall have fun at WW. i hope to ride there this summer.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: Fern Lake Farewell Ride - IMPORTANT DATE CHANGE INFO   Fern Lake Farewell Ride - IMPORTANT DATE CHANGE INFO EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 11:18 pm

Could POSSIBLY make a ride at the end of March.........4-day weekend for me
Back to top Go down
BCO
SSXSRider Member
BCO

PostSubject: Re: Fern Lake Farewell Ride - IMPORTANT DATE CHANGE INFO   Fern Lake Farewell Ride - IMPORTANT DATE CHANGE INFO EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 2:23 pm

Folks after a meeting with the head ranger at C-Gap park has told me NOT to conduct the Farewell Fern Lake Ride on March 14th. The times I was told before by rangers about when the park was getting the land were incorrect and its happening sooner than originally thought.

I will still be doing a Fern Lake Farewell THIS SUNDAY, MARCH 1st. . It simply has to be done this quickly. If anyones able to go on this day, we will still meet at my barn at 10AM.

Trust me, no one was more disappointed over this than me. This has been my place to ride and fish for years...my second home...Sorry for the inconveince and if anyone has any questions just email me at hollercrawlers@hotmail.com and if anyone has any comments or questions for the head park ranger at C-Gap park, he gave me his card and told me to tell everyone to feel free to contact him. Just ask for it in an email and Ill be happy to provide it. Sorry again and if youre able to go this Sunday, please come.

Map to our barn:
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=116199913397240908192.00044dbd5266851ac3d23&ll=36.595753,-83.70904&spn=0.035558,0.054932&z=14
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Fern Lake Farewell Ride - IMPORTANT DATE CHANGE INFO   Fern Lake Farewell Ride - IMPORTANT DATE CHANGE INFO EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 4:05 pm

Airborne LT wrote:

No. the WV is the 13-15 of march. Jon if you are riding this weekend you will not conflict with any of our planned rides. Go for it buddy. I hope some of us can make it......
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: Fern Lake Farewell Ride - IMPORTANT DATE CHANGE INFO   Fern Lake Farewell Ride - IMPORTANT DATE CHANGE INFO EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 10:00 pm

I would love to, but I know I am a definite NO for this one. I just can't do it.
Back to top Go down
BCO
SSXSRider Member
BCO

PostSubject: Re: Fern Lake Farewell Ride - IMPORTANT DATE CHANGE INFO   Fern Lake Farewell Ride - IMPORTANT DATE CHANGE INFO EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 11:01 pm

Sorry about the date change on this yall...and the date conflict...I should have paid more attention.

Even though we lost this area...A lot of yall got to ride this when you came last year...and for those that didnt I have some trails very similar for yall to check out when ya come down next!
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Fern Lake Farewell Ride - IMPORTANT DATE CHANGE INFO   Fern Lake Farewell Ride - IMPORTANT DATE CHANGE INFO EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 11:06 pm

BCO wrote:
Sorry about the date change on this yall...and the date conflict...I should have paid more attention.

Even though we lost this area...A lot of yall got to ride this when you came last year...and for those that didnt I have some trails very similar for yall to check out when ya come down next!

Jon,

Will we still be able to leave from your farm and ride. Also, did they take the Crown of Dixie?

Last edited by Big-R on Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BCO
SSXSRider Member
BCO

PostSubject: Re: Fern Lake Farewell Ride - IMPORTANT DATE CHANGE INFO   Fern Lake Farewell Ride - IMPORTANT DATE CHANGE INFO EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 11:14 pm

yes we can still leave from the barn...just cannot cross down into the creek trail leading into tackett. still can get to the crown as well. and found some great new trails to show yall.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Fern Lake Farewell Ride - IMPORTANT DATE CHANGE INFO   Fern Lake Farewell Ride - IMPORTANT DATE CHANGE INFO EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 11:44 pm

BCO wrote:
yes we can still leave from the barn...just cannot cross down into the creek trail leading into tackett. still can get to the crown as well. and found some great new trails to show yall.

Sounds great buddy. However, I do not think I will be able to accompany my Southern SxS riders this year. So you be damn sure you show them a great time........
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fern Lake Farewell Ride - IMPORTANT DATE CHANGE INFO   Fern Lake Farewell Ride - IMPORTANT DATE CHANGE INFO Empty

Back to top Go down

Fern Lake Farewell Ride - IMPORTANT DATE CHANGE INFO
Page 1 of 1