SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My utv seems to be down shifting when slowing down

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
rat123

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-10-16

My utv seems to be down shifting when slowing down Empty
PostSubject: My utv seems to be down shifting when slowing down   My utv seems to be down shifting when slowing down EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 7:39 pm

Hi
I don't know if I have a problem. When I'm coming to a slow speed with no foot on the gas pedal it feels like its down shifting like you would do on a dirt when you shift it into a different gear when slowing down. Its a hard thing to describe but its like down shifting into a lower gear. I do have a EPI 2 stage clutch kit installed. What would be causing this? I have a Motobishi chase 700 which is a clone of the rhino.
thanks
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: My utv seems to be down shifting when slowing down   My utv seems to be down shifting when slowing down EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 7:43 pm

I assume it has a machined sheave???
Back to top Go down
rat123

PostSubject: Re: My utv seems to be down shifting when slowing down   My utv seems to be down shifting when slowing down EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 7:47 pm

Hi
It doesn't have a machined sheave. I only had a 2 stage RPI clutch kit installed.

ridepate wrote:
I assume it has a machined sheave???
Back to top Go down
moto92

moto92

Number of posts : 521
Registration date : 2008-09-06

PostSubject: Re: My utv seems to be down shifting when slowing down   My utv seems to be down shifting when slowing down EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 7:55 pm

on rhino forums ive heard of roller flop where there is ledge cut into a machined sheave. i guess lots of guys like the feel of the shift.
but you say you dont have a sheave......so scratch
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: My utv seems to be down shifting when slowing down   My utv seems to be down shifting when slowing down EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 8:04 pm

You probably need to service your sheave. The rollers are sticking. Take it off,clean it up, and re-grease.
Back to top Go down
rat123

PostSubject: Re: My utv seems to be down shifting when slowing down   My utv seems to be down shifting when slowing down EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 8:22 pm

I did have some work done under warranty. The problem was the utv won't go into drive. They had to replace a bearing plus other stuff ($1500 worth of parts). My dealer told me the bearing they replaced is the same bearing yamaha was having problems with. They replaced all my parts with yamaha parts. He told me that this bearing was so bad everything that was hooked up to this bearing had to be replaced and they had to replace a cover also which had a hole worn in it do to this bearing. I really don't know what bearing but my utv would go into gear.
Thanks
Ron
ridepate wrote:
You probably need to service your sheave. The rollers are sticking. Take it off,clean it up, and re-grease.
Back to top Go down
rat123

PostSubject: Re: My utv seems to be down shifting when slowing down   My utv seems to be down shifting when slowing down EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 8:44 pm

Hi
So the sheave could be causing my problem. I don't know much about utv's but It weird that a fully automatic machine does this. I'm still learning. I had a clutch kit installed because I want more torque power for pulling out trees and having more power in mud holes. I noticed this problem after this work was done to my utv. I was thinking maybe with all the new parts that they had to be worked in
thanks
Ron
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: My utv seems to be down shifting when slowing down   My utv seems to be down shifting when slowing down EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 9:09 pm

rat123 wrote:
I did have some work done under warranty. The problem was the utv won't go into drive. They had to replace a bearing plus other stuff ($1500 worth of parts). My dealer told me the bearing they replaced is the same bearing yamaha was having problems with. They replaced all my parts with yamaha parts. He told me that this bearing was so bad everything that was hooked up to this bearing had to be replaced and they had to replace a cover also which had a hole worn in it do to this bearing. I really don't know what bearing but my utv would go into gear.
Thanks
Ron
ridepate wrote:

Ron,

Not sure who told you "Yamaha is having problems with this bearing" There is no problem with any Yamaha bearing that I've ever heard of. And I know enough about Rhinos to know.........I think your being fed a line of bull............How much did you save buying a knock-off vs. the real thing??? I think in the long-run you'll find out you made a mistake.
Back to top Go down
rat123

PostSubject: Re: My utv seems to be down shifting when slowing down   My utv seems to be down shifting when slowing down EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 9:47 pm

I agree with you about buying a clone. My dealer is one of the best. Like they say if he can't fix it there is a problem. I have dealt with this guy for years and his service is great and he does his homework. He does service on yamaha. He doesn't sell yamaha but he can service them and do all there warranty work. He made a phone call to a Yamaha dealer which he gets his parts from and got that info from them. He has been having problems with the supplier of the clone utv. He tested these units for three months before selling them and he has one that has over 5000 kms on it and he pounds the shit out of it. He can't believe how good they are . They are made by hisun and this company is somehow togethar with Yamaha. I have seen a post about yamaha and hisun in another forum and they all hate clones but someone put a writng about the two companies and explain how they where togethar. My dealer has sold about 30 of these UTV and of course mine has been the only bad one he has problems with. The only 2 things they had fixed was a solenoid and they installed a new design of exhaust to stop rattles other wise everything is okay. My dealer isn't having problems with the utv but with the supplier getting his money. I'm not here to bash what people drive but to solve my problem and get info how to fix. We are here to have fun and it should matter what you ride
thanks
Ron

ridepate wrote:
rat123 wrote:
Thanks
Ron
ridepate wrote:

Ron,

Not sure who told you "Yamaha is having problems with this bearing" There is no problem with any Yamaha bearing that I've ever heard of. And I know enough about Rhinos to know.........I think your being fed a line of bull............How much did you save buying a knock-off vs. the real thing??? I think in the long-run you'll find out you made a mistake.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: My utv seems to be down shifting when slowing down   My utv seems to be down shifting when slowing down EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 10:05 pm

Hey I'm not bashing anything. Your dealer is mis-informed, or has been misinformed, that's all I'm saying. Thats the problem with clones, the supply-chain. Not that they are bad, but Joe-China might decide to sell or re-tool the factory next week to build another product, then you and your dealer are out in the cold with no recourse. I had a friend that had a china-quad,a 250, that he paid 1900.00 for , two years later there's no parts available for it anymore and no distributor around.
So it's now a 1900.00 mistake.........Good luck.
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: My utv seems to be down shifting when slowing down   My utv seems to be down shifting when slowing down EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 10:19 pm

I can feel my Rhino downshift when going downhill and slowing with brake. I believe it's the wet clutch taking hold.
Back to top Go down
rat123

PostSubject: Re: My utv seems to be down shifting when slowing down   My utv seems to be down shifting when slowing down EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 10:48 pm

Thanks for your help. I agree with you about clones. But I hope this one will be different. The motor is a yamaha clone motor. Yes they probably use cheaper parts but my dealer replaced all the parts with yamaha parts and all the parts to the motor can be replaced with yamaha. Most can be replaced with Yamaha. I do wish I did by a name brand not a clone but its something I can't change . I do have a great dealer and he will keep me running
thanks again
Ron

ridepate wrote:
Hey I'm not bashing anything. Your dealer is mis-informed, or has been misinformed, that's all I'm saying. Thats the problem with clones, the supply-chain. Not that they are bad, but Joe-China might decide to sell or re-tool the factory next week to build another product, then you and your dealer are out in the cold with no recourse. I had a friend that had a china-quad,a 250, that he paid 1900.00 for , two years later there's no parts available for it anymore and no distributor around.
So it's now a 1900.00 mistake.........Good luck.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: My utv seems to be down shifting when slowing down   My utv seems to be down shifting when slowing down EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 10:56 pm

Ron,
Good deal. It's all about the ride anyway right?? Was the back-shifting present before your warranty work?? If there's no strange noises and it's under warranty, I'd just run it.
Back to top Go down
rat123

PostSubject: Re: My utv seems to be down shifting when slowing down   My utv seems to be down shifting when slowing down EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 3:55 am

Hi
I never had this before the warranty work was done. I'm going to give my dealer a call tomorrow but I want opinions what the problem could be
thanks Ron

ridepate wrote:
Ron,
Good deal. It's all about the ride anyway right?? Was the back-shifting present before your warranty work?? If there's no strange noises and it's under warranty, I'd just run it.
Back to top Go down
rat123

PostSubject: Re: My utv seems to be down shifting when slowing down   My utv seems to be down shifting when slowing down EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 11:54 am

Hi
I talked to my dealer and this is normal. It has something to do with the bigger spring they installed in the drive system and also the brake will do this also abit. He told me nothing to worry about and the more I run it the better it will get.
Ron

rat123 wrote:
Hi
I never had this before the warranty work was done. I'm going to give my dealer a call tomorrow but I want opinions what the problem could be
thanks Ron

ridepate wrote:
Ron,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My utv seems to be down shifting when slowing down   My utv seems to be down shifting when slowing down Empty

Back to top Go down

My utv seems to be down shifting when slowing down
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SouthernSxSRiders :: General :: General SidexSide Discussion-
Jump to: