SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wheel spacing...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Wheel spacing... Empty
PostSubject: Wheel spacing...   Wheel spacing... EmptyTue Feb 12, 2008 7:20 pm

i posted this on RF.net... and i'll post it here too...

"i've got SE wheels with 2.5inch spacers all the way around. with the current setup, i've got about 1/2 of an inch from wheels to trailer rails... if that.

I just ordered SS108's today... all four are 2+5. i'm not going to have spacers... i'm wondering if they are going to fit....

anyone?

the way i see it, from the hub...

i have:
3.5 inches sticking out.

with the SS108's:
5 inches, which means i'm going to have to get another trailer(6ft wide).

am i right?
"

any info would be appreciated...
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Wheel spacing... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheel spacing...   Wheel spacing... EmptyTue Feb 12, 2008 8:06 pm

Mine with SS112's 5+2 front, 2+5 rear fits on my5ft'er, it does rub both sides a little but it fits.

Wheel spacing... 303764232

Last edited by on Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Wheel spacing... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheel spacing...   Wheel spacing... EmptyTue Feb 12, 2008 8:07 pm

yeah, i think the front is what's going to make me have to get a 6ft wide trailer... which is ok, when i bought it, i asked the guy if i could trade it for the 6ft if the rhino wouldn't fit. it was only a month ago, maybe two...
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Wheel spacing... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheel spacing...   Wheel spacing... EmptyTue Feb 12, 2008 8:10 pm

Wheels wrote:
i posted this on RF.net... and i'll post it here too...

"i've got SE wheels with 2.5inch spacers all the way around. with the current setup, i've got about 1/2 of an inch from wheels to trailer rails... if that.

I just ordered SS108's today... all four are 2+5. i'm not going to have spacers... i'm wondering if they are going to fit....

anyone?

the way i see it, from the hub...

i have:
3.5 inches sticking out.

with the SS108's:
5 inches, which means i'm going to have to get another trailer(6ft wide).

am i right?
"

any info would be appreciated...

sounds to me like u are going to need some mud flaps lol! lol! lol!

z 28 can probly tell u !!he has some offset wheels.

spend some or thet money and get a big trailor$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Wheel spacing... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheel spacing...   Wheel spacing... EmptyTue Feb 12, 2008 8:17 pm

You relize how far those 2+5's are gonna stick-out on the front???? Bump-Steer city....
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10319
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Wheel spacing... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheel spacing...   Wheel spacing... EmptyTue Feb 12, 2008 8:18 pm

If you have 8" tires in the front, and 10" tires in the back. You should have spread of 59 1/2 " front and 60 1/2" rear. It might sqeeze on there. My 5' trailer has 61" between the rails. I got those measurements from mine. I have 4.0+3.0 offsets all around with 1" spacers in the rear. With 8" fronts, and 10" rear tires. Mine measures 55 1/2" front ( you will have 4" on me), and 58 1/2" rear.( you will have 2" on me) I hope you make it Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Wheel spacing... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheel spacing...   Wheel spacing... EmptyTue Feb 12, 2008 8:20 pm

Ridepate... do you have spacers on the front? that 5+2 sticks out an awful lot... i think i might call tomorrow morning and change to 5+2 for the front.

EDIT: oh, and i've already got bump steer... i've got 2.5inch spacers on all four right now.
Back to top Go down
pnjoiler

pnjoiler

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2008-01-23

Wheel spacing... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheel spacing...   Wheel spacing... EmptyTue Feb 12, 2008 8:24 pm

I have 5+2 on front(26x9x12) and 2+5 on back(26x12x12) and I can fit on a 5 footer but I am up against the rail. I thought about putting 2+5 on the front but I was afraid of the being to wide on the trail and the front wheels grabbing the bank and jerking the steering wheel out of my hands. Sure looks cool though.
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10319

Wheel spacing... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheel spacing...   Wheel spacing... EmptyTue Feb 12, 2008 8:25 pm

This is a pic of mine with 4.0+3.0 front with no spacers, and 10" tires. I took the 10's off and put 8's on so I could cover them with flares.

Wheel spacing... Rhino123107004yk1
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Wheel spacing... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheel spacing...   Wheel spacing... EmptyTue Feb 12, 2008 8:47 pm

Wheels wrote:
Ridepate... do you have spacers on the front? that 5+2 sticks out an awful lot... i think i might call tomorrow morning and change to 5+2 for the front.

EDIT: oh, and i've already got bump steer... i've got 2.5inch spacers on all four right now.

No no spacers. I was wondering what you were thinking...maybe I missed something??
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Wheel spacing... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheel spacing...   Wheel spacing... EmptyTue Feb 12, 2008 9:10 pm

ok, this is what i have now...

Wheel spacing... Jeep_a12

another image...

Wheel spacing... Jeep_a11
Back to top Go down
Z28

Number of posts : 66

Wheel spacing... Empty
PostSubject: Wheels   Wheel spacing... EmptyTue Feb 12, 2008 9:20 pm

I;'m running 5+3 SS108 wheels with big horns & my rhino is 62 1/2" wide. I love it that way it feels good on the trails. The only draw back is mud,tires throw it all over you & in the cab. I'm looking at doing something about that ASAP!
Wheel spacing... 2ynj95c
Wheel spacing... Fauaac
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Wheel spacing... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheel spacing...   Wheel spacing... EmptyTue Feb 12, 2008 9:26 pm

Z, you don't have wheelspacers either, do you?

EDIT: wait a sec... you have 5+3 or 3+5??? it looks like you have 3+5 judging by the brake guard...
Back to top Go down
Z28

Number of posts : 66

Wheel spacing... Empty
PostSubject: Wheels   Wheel spacing... EmptyTue Feb 12, 2008 9:34 pm

Wheels wrote:
Z, you don't have wheelspacers either, do you?

EDIT: wait a sec... you have 5+3 or 3+5??? it looks like you have 3+5 judging by the brake guard...

NO spacers.
You right 3+5, I know you can't get any wider overall without spacers.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Wheel spacing... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheel spacing...   Wheel spacing... EmptyTue Feb 12, 2008 9:46 pm

Z, i think i'm sticking with the 2+5. i've done alot of research on it... i like the way it looks... and it's not going to be that much different from my current set up(2.5inch spacers). thanks for your reply and posting those pics... i didn't realize you had that offset when we riding windrock...
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

Number of posts : 2745

Wheel spacing... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheel spacing...   Wheel spacing... EmptyTue Feb 12, 2008 11:43 pm

im oretty sure mine are 5+2 all the way around(bought em used from friend) and throws some mud but i like it cause i dont need spacers up front just in the back
if i was buyin new id go with 5+2 front 2+5 rear no need 4 spacers then but cant rotate at all
Back to top Go down
rcmass

rcmass

Number of posts : 999
Registration date : 2008-02-01

Wheel spacing... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheel spacing...   Wheel spacing... EmptyWed Feb 13, 2008 7:45 am

fellas - I dont see how any of y'all operate on a 5' trailer anyhow....that way I drive my truck that thing would be squalling in bothe lanes Wink

I have stock offset with 1" front spacers and 2" rears....this has been the best set up I have found....

when I get new rims - they will be offset to negate the use of spacers....

thats where I get confused.... 2-5, 5-2, 3-10, blah blah.... anyone care to give a newby a tutorial so I am somewhat edumacated? thanks.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Wheel spacing... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheel spacing...   Wheel spacing... EmptyWed Feb 13, 2008 11:34 am

rc... the first number is the backspacing(or inside the rim). the second number is the outside of the rim.

so....
2+5 means there are 2inches of rim to the inside and 5inches outside the lugnuts... which pushes the rim out more to give a wider track.

5+2 means 5inches to the inside and 2inches to the outside... giving more of a stock track.

3+4 means 3inches to the inside...etc.

there are a couple of posts over on RF.net that have illustrations... if you need to see it, i can find them and post on here...
Back to top Go down
rcmass

rcmass

Wheel spacing... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheel spacing...   Wheel spacing... EmptyWed Feb 13, 2008 11:52 am

that about explains it pretty well..thanks.

is my math right??

2+5 should probably equal my set up of non off set wheels in the rear with 2" spacers

and 5+2 should probably equal my set up of non off set wheels in the front with 1" spacers
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Wheel spacing... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheel spacing...   Wheel spacing... EmptyThu Feb 14, 2008 7:19 pm

it would depend on what offset you have now... SE wheels have a different offset from regular stock wheels...

or do you have a set of aftermarket regular offset wheels? (looks like you do, from your avatar)
Back to top Go down
rcmass

rcmass

Wheel spacing... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheel spacing...   Wheel spacing... EmptyFri Feb 15, 2008 1:21 pm

regular offset
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wheel spacing... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheel spacing...   Wheel spacing... Empty

Back to top Go down

Wheel spacing...
Page 1 of 1