SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Grant Steering Wheels and Adapters

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Grant Steering Wheels and Adapters Empty
PostSubject: Grant Steering Wheels and Adapters   Grant Steering Wheels and Adapters EmptyWed Feb 13, 2008 4:30 pm

Hey whats up all? This product has been discussed before; also about buying at Auto Zone. They have some nice Grant wheels for $29.99 + around $20 for an adapter.

Does anyone know the exact part number for the Rhinos and Prowlers, which adapter will work?

Here are some on there website:
http://www.autozone.com/Ntt,grant%20steering/shopping/allResults.htm

If I can get one to work I am trying to have one on the Prowler before the March 1 ride.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Grant Steering Wheels and Adapters   Grant Steering Wheels and Adapters EmptyWed Feb 13, 2008 4:33 pm

Follow Up:

This wheel shows being $66.99 but I think its the same one that was in store and was $29.99.
What does everyone think? Thats the style I am wanting.

http://www.autozone.com/R,NONAPP4718/store,9828/initialAction,accessoryProductDetail/shopping/accessoryProductDetail.htm

Grant Steering Wheels and Adapters Gra440003
Back to top Go down
Clutch

Clutch

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Grant Steering Wheels and Adapters   Grant Steering Wheels and Adapters EmptyWed Feb 13, 2008 5:09 pm

I like that one, I want one just like it but Black.
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10319

PostSubject: Re: Grant Steering Wheels and Adapters   Grant Steering Wheels and Adapters EmptyWed Feb 13, 2008 8:27 pm

Good lookin wheel.
Back to top Go down
rcmass

rcmass

Number of posts : 999
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Grant Steering Wheels and Adapters   Grant Steering Wheels and Adapters EmptyThu Feb 14, 2008 10:41 am

sweet looking wheel and that set would be a ton less than I spent with utv powersports...

spline to 6 bolt adapter ($125)
wheel ($100)

I did also add a touch of bling and add a billet steering column cover ($50)

all in all - a new wheel makes a TON of difference in comfort and performance.

Accordig to AZCourt - now any 6 bolt pattern wheel will fit...just had to get the adapter.

SO, if your Autozone adapter will work - then any 8 bolt pattern (at least from pic it was 8 bolts) should work if you ever want to chagne it.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Grant Steering Wheels and Adapters   Grant Steering Wheels and Adapters EmptyThu Feb 14, 2008 1:21 pm

Grant PN# 3672 for adaptor.
Jimbo
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296

PostSubject: Re: Grant Steering Wheels and Adapters   Grant Steering Wheels and Adapters EmptyThu Feb 14, 2008 3:47 pm

Wont that car wheel be to big around? The ones they sell for rhino and prowlers Ive seen are smaller diameter than the ones the auto parts stores had.
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Grant Steering Wheels and Adapters   Grant Steering Wheels and Adapters EmptyThu Feb 14, 2008 5:00 pm

Gunrunner I have heard others using the 13" wheel on the Rhinos\Prowlers even though it is larger diameter with no problems.

Is that part #3672 able to work on the PROWLER also or just for the RHINO?

If I get one more confirmed Yes, I will check on one at some point tomorrow and we will see how the 13" wheel drives. If it doesn't work guess I'll take it back after buying it.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Grant Steering Wheels and Adapters   Grant Steering Wheels and Adapters EmptyThu Feb 14, 2008 5:03 pm

I think I just found some more info. The Prowler and Ranger use the same adapter and I think it will be #3674. Someone confirm this info so I will have a 2nd opinion!

Thanks and Have Fun,
-Rick
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Grant Steering Wheels and Adapters   Grant Steering Wheels and Adapters EmptyThu Feb 14, 2008 5:04 pm

ATV_Rick wrote:
Gunrunner I have heard others using the 13" wheel on the Rhinos\Prowlers even though it is larger diameter with no problems.

Is that part #3672 able to work on the PROWLER also or just for the RHINO?

If I get one more confirmed Yes, I will check on one at some point tomorrow and we will see how the 13" wheel drives. If it doesn't work guess I'll take it back after buying it.

Rick,
The spec says "Yamaha Rhino and Yamaha Golf-Carts" no mention of Prowler.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Grant Steering Wheels and Adapters   Grant Steering Wheels and Adapters EmptyThu Feb 14, 2008 5:11 pm

Thanks for the info Ridepate!

I found another link to confirm the #3674 part. This adapter runs 21.50 and fits the Polaris Ranger and Arctic Cat Prowler. It works with Classic, Challenger, and Signature Series wheels. I think I want the Challenger style wheel.

http://www.everythingoffroad.com/itemgrt_3674.html

I will probably see if I cant get it at Auto Zone tomorrow before I order it. Hopefully I will have some first hand pics to share tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
rcmass

rcmass

Number of posts : 999
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Grant Steering Wheels and Adapters   Grant Steering Wheels and Adapters EmptyThu Feb 14, 2008 6:32 pm

mine is a 13" wheel - and I noticed a great difference in comfort and performance...just dont have to turn it near as far over. love it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grant Steering Wheels and Adapters   Grant Steering Wheels and Adapters Empty

Back to top Go down

Grant Steering Wheels and Adapters
Page 1 of 1