SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

North Carolina UTV riding areas

Go down 
+9
orangecrush
FASTRTHNU2
rhino nut
00bryan
Last Chance Rhino
rcmass
Neuromax
Wingman
wvyankee2
13 posters
AuthorMessage
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

North Carolina UTV riding areas Empty
PostSubject: Brown Mountain Riding info.   North Carolina UTV riding areas EmptySun Jun 29, 2008 12:32 pm

Good information on riding in the Brown Mountain area. Rhino

http://www.cs.unca.edu/nfsnc/recreation/brown_mountain_orv.pdf
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

PostSubject: Uwharrie Off Road Trails   North Carolina UTV riding areas EmptySun Jun 29, 2008 12:36 pm

National Forest web site with trail maps and riding regulations. RZR

http://www.cs.unca.edu/nfsnc/recreation/uwharrie/index.htm
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

PostSubject: Busco Beach, NC   North Carolina UTV riding areas EmptySun Jun 29, 2008 12:38 pm

Link to this ATV Park. :campfire: RZR

http://www.buscobeach.com/
Back to top Go down
Wingman
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 557

PostSubject: Re: North Carolina UTV riding areas   North Carolina UTV riding areas EmptySun Jun 29, 2008 1:05 pm

We have been there a couple times with the Rhino. It is more suited for ATV's set up for being submerged. Alot of mud and water! Not really any marked trails, you just go where you wish. They do have a sand drag, large pond for fishing or swimming, camping, bathrooms with showers and a place to get something to eat.

For us .... it was more fun to ride and watch other people do what they do after a couple beers or six packs or cases. There were times you would see a head with a hat on making a wake across a pond ........ on the other side up would come a ATV connected to the head with the hat cheers
Back to top Go down
Neuromax
SSXSRider Member
Neuromax

Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2008-02-18

PostSubject: Re: North Carolina UTV riding areas   North Carolina UTV riding areas EmptySun Jun 29, 2008 1:07 pm

I was there yesterday =)

Its a fun place but more suited for a social event or watching other people sink and tear up their rides.
Back to top Go down
rcmass

rcmass

Number of posts : 999
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: North Carolina UTV riding areas   North Carolina UTV riding areas EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 9:22 am

my "home" trail... 1 hour door to door... great place!
Back to top Go down
Last Chance Rhino
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2008-03-16

PostSubject: Re: North Carolina UTV riding areas   North Carolina UTV riding areas EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 9:55 pm

RE: Brown Mountain- what catagory does the Rhino fit in - ATV or 4 wheel drive?? Sid.
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

PostSubject: Re: North Carolina UTV riding areas   North Carolina UTV riding areas EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 3:18 am

Last Chance Rhino wrote:
RE: Brown Mountain- what catagory does the Rhino fit in - ATV or 4 wheel drive?? Sid.

That would be ATV.
Back to top Go down
rcmass

rcmass

Number of posts : 999
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: North Carolina UTV riding areas   North Carolina UTV riding areas EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 12:25 pm

definitely atv....some of the atv trails can get a lil narrow though

I know that place like the back of my hand - any questions - pm or email me.
Back to top Go down
00bryan

00bryan

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: North Carolina UTV riding areas   North Carolina UTV riding areas EmptySat Jan 24, 2009 12:19 am

Down this way its all deep mud or just flat trail riding i go all the time with a built 4wheeler but i dont dare put the rhino near it thats way i want to get out of state a couple of time see some new cool stuff
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

PostSubject: North Carolina UTV riding areas   North Carolina UTV riding areas EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 10:50 pm

RZR Rhino Prowler

Areas to ride in the Carolinas.
Back to top Go down
Last Chance Rhino
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2008-03-16

PostSubject: Re: North Carolina UTV riding areas   North Carolina UTV riding areas EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 5:23 pm

I've never found any good trail riding areas for the Rhino down East in NC.
Back to top Go down
rhino nut
SSXSRider Member
rhino nut

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2009-03-21

PostSubject: Re: North Carolina UTV riding areas   North Carolina UTV riding areas EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 8:33 pm

Been to Brown Mtn. many many time very good place for the SxS been on ever trail there, Try trail 1A will put you to the test. Give it a try you will like it.
Back to top Go down
FASTRTHNU2

FASTRTHNU2

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2009-12-10

PostSubject: Re: North Carolina UTV riding areas   North Carolina UTV riding areas EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 7:39 am

i have rode busco a couple times in the rhino theres ways around all the deep stuff you can easily put 50 miles on one in a day there and still watch people tear up there rides in the 50 50 hole or the ponds i think its great
Back to top Go down
orangecrush
SSXSRider Staff
orangecrush

Number of posts : 986
Registration date : 2011-01-14

PostSubject: Re: North Carolina UTV riding areas   North Carolina UTV riding areas EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 9:10 am

Not to resurrect this from the dead but has anyone ridden at Brown mountain as of late?

Though it's been a few years, we used to ride brushy mountain and brown mountain all the time.

Is it still a good place to ride?

Thanks,

Mark
Back to top Go down
rhino nut
SSXSRider Member
rhino nut

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2009-03-21

PostSubject: Re: North Carolina UTV riding areas   North Carolina UTV riding areas EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 10:10 am

orangecrush wrote:
Not to resurrect this from the dead but has anyone ridden at Brown mountain as of late?

Though it's been a few years, we used to ride brushy mountain and brown mountain all the time.

Is it still a good place to ride?

Thanks,

Mark
Yes Brown Moutain is a realy good 1 day place to go. You can ride most of it in one day, but it is a very good place to ride.
Back to top Go down
lucifer

lucifer

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2011-02-08

PostSubject: Re: North Carolina UTV riding areas   North Carolina UTV riding areas EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 9:38 pm

Uwharrie national forest is a great place to ride in NC and a day pass is only 5$. If anyone is ever interessted pm me, and we can get a group together.
Back to top Go down
orangecrush
SSXSRider Staff
orangecrush

PostSubject: Re: North Carolina UTV riding areas   North Carolina UTV riding areas EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 10:04 pm

lucifer wrote:
Uwharrie national forest is a great place to ride in NC and a day pass is only 5$. If anyone is ever interessted pm me, and we can get a group together.

No offense but Uwharrie SUCKS!!!

I rode there about 7-8 years ago and it sucked, it’s absolutely the worst place I had ever ridden. About 4 months ago, I asked around and was assured that they had updated it and was much better.

I took my family there and it SUCKED!!!

It’s the exact same as it was, rough, rocky, crappy signs... I guess if you want to rock crawl the entire day, it’s okay but I will NEVER go back.

Mark
Back to top Go down
lucifer

lucifer

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2011-02-08

PostSubject: Re: North Carolina UTV riding areas   North Carolina UTV riding areas EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 10:51 pm

Its not Wv, but its not that bad as a day trip place. I usually go with 2 other sxs and we always have a good time. There is only 1 trail that is rocky and that is daniel. Its really the only trail that is a challenge for a sxs to do. Yeah if your looking fora place to 50mph on a trail this is not it.Every trail is marked with a nice sign, and if you go a few times its not hard to figure out what is what. My only problem with it is when jeep clubs block the trails with their breakdowns and bsing. There arent a ton of public places to ride in NC. Sorry to hear you had a bad experience.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: North Carolina UTV riding areas   North Carolina UTV riding areas EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 10:54 pm

orangecrush wrote:
lucifer wrote:

I rode there about 7-8 years ago and it sucked, it’s absolutely the worst place I had ever ridden. About 4 months ago, I asked around and was assured that they had updated it and was much better.

It’s the exact same as it was, rough, rocky, crappy signs... I guess if you want to rock crawl the entire day, it’s okay but I will NEVER go back.

Mark

I like to rock crawl but not ALL day. It will work your nerves.
Back to top Go down
orangecrush
SSXSRider Staff
orangecrush

PostSubject: Re: North Carolina UTV riding areas   North Carolina UTV riding areas EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 11:28 pm

The last time we went, it was later in the afternoon. We ended up getting lost, got dark by 6pm, we didn’t get out of there till almost 9pm. It was in the 40’s but freezing at night down in the valley going through rocks and boulders.

Didn’t help that when we finally did get back to the trailer, I had a flat. (no jack.. trailer was less than a day old)

I drove 3 miles to a gas station, started to pump up the tire just to make it into town and the tire BLEW!!! Scared the crap out of me.

Then drove it back into the nearest time, ruined the tire and rim.

Called a friend, he brought tools. (an open ended wrench and a floor jack) geez.

It was a terrible night.

On the bright side, it made me buy brand new tires the next day (more plies), jacks and correct tools and a toolbox.

Mark

Big-R wrote:
orangecrush wrote:
lucifer wrote:

Mark

I like to rock crawl but not ALL day. It will work your nerves.
Back to top Go down
zilla
SSXSRider Member
zilla

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2011-10-11

PostSubject: Re: North Carolina UTV riding areas   North Carolina UTV riding areas EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 11:12 pm

Great place to drink beer and camp out.Only place to ride other than Busco if you live in Eastern NC.
Back to top Go down
rhas30

rhas30

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2012-02-16

PostSubject: Re: North Carolina UTV riding areas   North Carolina UTV riding areas EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 1:44 pm

I'm new to the utv riding thing and would love to find some place and/or some people to rider with.
I live in Thomasvile, nc and if anyone knows any good places please let me know.
Thanks,
Richard
Back to top Go down
zilla
SSXSRider Member
zilla

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2011-10-11

PostSubject: Re: North Carolina UTV riding areas   North Carolina UTV riding areas EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 6:02 pm

I live in eatern nc and I joined the club and really look forward to the rides by the sxs.Get orange and come to Brimstone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: North Carolina UTV riding areas   North Carolina UTV riding areas Empty

Back to top Go down

North Carolina UTV riding areas
Page 1 of 1