SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Will a Rhino fit in the bed of a full size Dodge Truck?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ClayW
SSXSRider Member
ClayW

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2009-02-10

Will a Rhino fit in the bed of a full size Dodge Truck? Empty
PostSubject: Will a Rhino fit in the bed of a full size Dodge Truck?   Will a Rhino fit in the bed of a full size Dodge Truck? EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 9:01 pm

Anyone tried this. Im checking for a buddy. Any thing to watch out for?
Back to top Go down
moto92

moto92

Number of posts : 521
Registration date : 2008-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Will a Rhino fit in the bed of a full size Dodge Truck?   Will a Rhino fit in the bed of a full size Dodge Truck? EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 9:20 pm

my rhino was delivered to the house in one so yes it will, although it looked like the tailgate was about to drag the ground. i wouldnt suggest using this method very often.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Will a Rhino fit in the bed of a full size Dodge Truck?   Will a Rhino fit in the bed of a full size Dodge Truck? EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 9:25 pm

As long as it has stock-wheels, and Moto's right, it's too heavy for most tailgates to stand. Use a couple of 2x8's to spread the load.
Back to top Go down
moto92

moto92

Number of posts : 521
Registration date : 2008-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Will a Rhino fit in the bed of a full size Dodge Truck?   Will a Rhino fit in the bed of a full size Dodge Truck? EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 10:03 pm

mine has 2" spacers and the duros, it had to climb the fender wells though.
this monthes side x side action has a buyers guide of racks for truck beds so they will hold a utv.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Will a Rhino fit in the bed of a full size Dodge Truck?   Will a Rhino fit in the bed of a full size Dodge Truck? EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 10:11 pm

moto92 wrote:
mine has 2" spacers and the duros, it had to climb the fender wells though.
this monthes side x side action has a buyers guide of racks for truck beds so they will hold a utv.

Guess a tape-measure would work too huh??
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Will a Rhino fit in the bed of a full size Dodge Truck?   Will a Rhino fit in the bed of a full size Dodge Truck? EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 11:40 pm

I saw one, in a Dodge from Illinois, at Windrock, my first trip up. He said we would never make that type trip again with the Rhino in the bed. He also said he broke his aluminum ramps unloading it. He said they were rated for 1200lbs. Maybe it was the steep angle that help them break. For short trip it might not be that bad. I like Jimbos advice on the 2x8's to help destribute the weight.
Back to top Go down
Dreth

Number of posts : 346
Registration date : 2008-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Will a Rhino fit in the bed of a full size Dodge Truck?   Will a Rhino fit in the bed of a full size Dodge Truck? EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 3:30 pm

This is 2007 f150
Will a Rhino fit in the bed of a full size Dodge Truck? 2559249470103281168S500x500Q85
the rhino has wheel spacers and aftermarket rims and tires. It crushed the fender wells on my truck and i used straps to help support the tailgate. I would not recomend this unless you pulled a trailer 250 miles to buy the rhino and it didnt fit on the trailer scratch
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

Number of posts : 2745
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Will a Rhino fit in the bed of a full size Dodge Truck?   Will a Rhino fit in the bed of a full size Dodge Truck? EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 4:18 pm

Dreth wrote:
I would not recomend this unless you pulled a trailer 250 miles to buy the rhino and it didnt fit on the trailer scratch

Sounds like thats coming from personal experience Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
ClayW
SSXSRider Member
ClayW

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2009-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Will a Rhino fit in the bed of a full size Dodge Truck?   Will a Rhino fit in the bed of a full size Dodge Truck? EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 9:42 am

He's thinking about getting one of these. I just hope his ramps are stout enough. I dont think the ramps come with this kit.

http://www.pdsfabrication.com/GateSaver.html
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will a Rhino fit in the bed of a full size Dodge Truck?   Will a Rhino fit in the bed of a full size Dodge Truck? Empty

Back to top Go down

Will a Rhino fit in the bed of a full size Dodge Truck?
Page 1 of 1