SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Coolant level

Go down 
+2
shawnley1222
AIRBORNE
6 posters
AuthorMessage
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

Coolant level Empty
PostSubject: Coolant level   Coolant level EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 1:23 pm

I was just wondering if there was an accurate way to tell how much coolant you may or may not have lost. I have heard you cannot gauge off the resevoir. My resevoir was completely full before Brimstone, now it is way low. Anyone ever experience this?
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

Number of posts : 2745
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Coolant level Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coolant level   Coolant level EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 3:06 pm

My resivor is always either way up or way down not sure why I just check the radiadtor before my rides when its cool, figure if its full i'm good to go a little in the resivor dont help either
Back to top Go down
S
SSXSRider Member
S

Number of posts : 1655
Registration date : 2008-09-12

Coolant level Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coolant level   Coolant level EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 4:47 pm

LT I would just check like you would with a car. Open the radiator cap and run the engine and check the level in the radiator.
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10319
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Coolant level Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coolant level   Coolant level EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 7:23 pm

Should be low when cold and high when hot.
Back to top Go down
Woodtick
SSXSRider Member
Woodtick

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2008-11-15

Coolant level Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coolant level   Coolant level EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 8:59 pm

Somebody posted a pic of a VERY NEAT temp gauge they installed. Back lit and everything. Wish I was more handy at stuff like that. His made for a very good looking job.
Back to top Go down
redneck49

redneck49

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2009-03-10

Coolant level Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coolant level   Coolant level EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 8:43 am

my 700 will also loose alittle after a couple of rides normal. every now and then check for seapage mainly from hose clamps if your loosing coolant threw the engine you will notice a very sweet smell from the exhaust.coolant expands when hot so it pushes excess int recovery bottle. system is under about 13 lbs of presure. so when it cools it pulls it back in from the recovery bottle. coolant has water mixed in with it starts out 50/50 mix. so when you mix heat and water you geat some evaperation. if you fill your recovery bottle up to the top when cold it will push excess out the overflow. unlike my car or truck the systems are very small they don't hold that much coolant. so if your down just alittle it looks like alot. Temp guage utv crap has an aluminum dash plate $13.95 and the inline sensor housing $13.95 then pep boys has the nice electric autometer guage for $39.99 they also have matching volt guage. woodtick if we didn't live so far apart i would install one for you sorry hope this helps...dan
Back to top Go down
http://azmx49@aol.com
Woodtick
SSXSRider Member
Woodtick

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2008-11-15

Coolant level Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coolant level   Coolant level EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 3:03 pm

Redneck, your generosity knows no bounds. Thanks for the very kind offer sir. I visited WVYankee2 this morning and we talked some about how his was installed. I've never been much for Idiot Lights. By the time most of them come on, it's already too late to avoid trouble. I'd much rather see trouble on the way and be able to head it off at the pass.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Coolant level Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coolant level   Coolant level Empty

Back to top Go down

Coolant level
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SouthernSxSRiders :: The Machines :: Yamaha-
Jump to: