Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalFAQRegisterLog in

Which wire is hot on the keyed ignition.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ClayW
SSXSRider Member
ClayW

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2009-02-10

Which wire is hot on the keyed ignition. Empty
PostSubject: Which wire is hot on the keyed ignition.   Which wire is hot on the keyed ignition. EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 10:13 pm

Installing a warn winch rocker switch. Trying to figure out which wire is hot on the keyed ignition. Gona tie in to it. Unless there is something I don't know. That's how I did the warn on the kingquad
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Which wire is hot on the keyed ignition.   Which wire is hot on the keyed ignition. EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 10:28 pm

If it was me.... I'd tie it directly to the battery, not splice into the harness. Why would you want or need it to do it that way??? And you can find-out which one is hot with a test-light.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Which wire is hot on the keyed ignition.   Which wire is hot on the keyed ignition. EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 10:51 pm

I would tie into the AV outlet wire. It keeps someone from hitting the switch when off.

14 RZR XP 900 4
2012 Teryx 4
11 RZR XP 900 sold
08 RZR S 820 sold
08 Rhino 700EFI sold
2013 Teryx 4 LE sold

Lucky Rabbit Foot Key Chain Club
Red Rhino keychain club  

SouthernSxSRider Member # 1
Back to top Go down
ClayW
SSXSRider Member
ClayW

PostSubject: Re: Which wire is hot on the keyed ignition.   Which wire is hot on the keyed ignition. EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 11:02 pm

Rideplate. Three words. 2 Year old!!!!! Only hot with the key on is a good thing. LOL. What is the AV outlet wire? beat
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Which wire is hot on the keyed ignition.   Which wire is hot on the keyed ignition. EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 11:09 pm

ClayW wrote:
Rideplate. Three words. 2 Year old!!!!! Only hot with the key on is a good thing. LOL. What is the AV outlet wire? beat

Gotcha bro!!!!!!!!!! I've got a Three year old..........The "socket" on the dash for 12V, aka cigarette-lighter plug, is switched, tie into the red, Hot, then it will be switched.
Mine painted his bicycle today............... beat
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Which wire is hot on the keyed ignition.   Which wire is hot on the keyed ignition. EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 11:10 pm

ClayW wrote:

AC out let. Sorry. It is the pink wire

14 RZR XP 900 4
2012 Teryx 4
11 RZR XP 900 sold
08 RZR S 820 sold
08 Rhino 700EFI sold
2013 Teryx 4 LE sold

Lucky Rabbit Foot Key Chain Club
Red Rhino keychain club  

SouthernSxSRider Member # 1
Back to top Go down
ClayW
SSXSRider Member
ClayW

PostSubject: Re: Which wire is hot on the keyed ignition.   Which wire is hot on the keyed ignition. EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 11:49 pm

No problem. My boy is hell on wheels. 26 months old, and Knows what that key is for.
Back to top Go down
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

Number of posts : 6060
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Which wire is hot on the keyed ignition.   Which wire is hot on the keyed ignition. EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 8:59 am

[/quote]Gotcha bro!!!!!!!!!! I've got a Three year old..........The "socket" on the dash for 12V, aka cigarette-lighter plug, is switched, tie into the red, Hot, then it will be switched.
Mine painted his bicycle today............... beat[/quote]

Jimbo Jr. Which wire is hot on the keyed ignition. 13435 Which wire is hot on the keyed ignition. 13435 hide Which wire is hot on the keyed ignition. 13435 Which wire is hot on the keyed ignition. 13435
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which wire is hot on the keyed ignition.   Which wire is hot on the keyed ignition. Empty

Back to top Go down

Which wire is hot on the keyed ignition.
Page 1 of 1