SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Aftermarket shocks with reservoirs or piggy backs are they overated?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Aftermarket shocks with reservoirs or piggy backs are they overated? Empty
PostSubject: Aftermarket shocks with reservoirs or piggy backs are they overated?   Aftermarket shocks with reservoirs or piggy backs are they overated? EmptySun Feb 17, 2008 9:16 pm

Looking at shocks but I see conflicting feedback for shocks with and without resivoirs. I ride hard maybe 30 to 40% of the time. Is the xtra $ for the shocks with reservoirs worth it?
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket shocks with reservoirs or piggy backs are they overated?   Aftermarket shocks with reservoirs or piggy backs are they overated? EmptySun Feb 17, 2008 9:24 pm

I've been wondering the same thing myself. That's alot of Money Shocked
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1435
Registration date : 2008-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket shocks with reservoirs or piggy backs are they overated?   Aftermarket shocks with reservoirs or piggy backs are they overated? EmptySun Feb 17, 2008 9:26 pm

i have fox piggyback shocks..i really like them .. butttt.. i dont feel 1700 bucks worth of diff from stock lol!
Back to top Go down
Unleashed UTV

Unleashed UTV

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2008-02-08

PostSubject: Shocks   Aftermarket shocks with reservoirs or piggy backs are they overated? EmptySun Feb 17, 2008 9:47 pm

Shocks in any brand only work as good as there valving. Shocks with reservoirs are designed to cool the oil better by having more oil it is harder to heat up therefore staying cooler. What ever shock you buy make sure before you buy that the people you buy them from whether it be the manufacturer or a shop selling the shock will work with you with valving because shocks rarely come set up exactly the way you want them the first time. Shocks with built in adjustability are usually a little easier to get to what you like but also more exspensive. But you have to decide is it worht it to pay a little more up front ffor a shock with adjustability or wait with down time on your UTV while you send a non adjustable shock back for revalving. In my exsperience the Bilstien shocks have been a very well set up shock and the price is right they do not have resevoirs but if your not doing serious hard runs for long periods of time or racing they will work great. Walker Evans would be my second choise price wise and ELKA's are simply the best in my mind but very pricey. Thats my .02!!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1435
Registration date : 2008-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket shocks with reservoirs or piggy backs are they overated?   Aftermarket shocks with reservoirs or piggy backs are they overated? EmptySun Feb 17, 2008 10:02 pm

what he said cheers i went with fox bc they were FREE!!!!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
Wingman
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 557

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket shocks with reservoirs or piggy backs are they overated?   Aftermarket shocks with reservoirs or piggy backs are they overated? EmptySun Feb 17, 2008 10:08 pm

We went from 06 Special Edition shocks to 08 Sport Edition shocks with the reservoirs. Luckily we were able to purchase some take offs from someone installing a LT kit. We picked this route because it was less expensive and at a later date we will install a MTS kit with aftermarket shocks valved and sprung for the kit.

There was a big difference in the ride from the 06 standard shocks to the factory piggy backs. I am sure aftermarket shocks probably ride even better. Factory take off's run 6-800.00, new aftermarket shocks start around 1,200.00 and most are around 1,900.00.

I am glad we made the change. I will be even more happy when we get the MTS kit!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket shocks with reservoirs or piggy backs are they overated?   Aftermarket shocks with reservoirs or piggy backs are they overated? EmptyMon Feb 18, 2008 12:36 am

Hey mine did the same thing Yesterday? Don't know what's going on but it Sucks like a Hoover Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket shocks with reservoirs or piggy backs are they overated?   Aftermarket shocks with reservoirs or piggy backs are they overated? Empty

Back to top Go down

Aftermarket shocks with reservoirs or piggy backs are they overated?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SouthernSxSRiders :: General :: General SidexSide Discussion-
Jump to: