SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Speaking of lugnut torque?

Go down 
+7
wvyankee2
jerrzr
GunRunner
Big-R
Last Chance Rhino
AIRBORNE
Woodtick
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Woodtick
SSXSRider Member
Woodtick

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2008-11-15

Speaking of lugnut torque? Empty
PostSubject: Speaking of lugnut torque?   Speaking of lugnut torque? EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 6:33 am

My owners man. said 44 ft lbs. of torque when replacing the wheels. I set the wrench at 45 and it sure didn't seem like much to me. Is this about where you boys torque yours as well? Now I understand that they aren't near as big as a car or truck but that just didn't seem like much torque. Do ya'll put any dressing on the studs at all? LIke Never Seize? Thanks for your time.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of lugnut torque?   Speaking of lugnut torque? EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 7:28 am

I torque the snot out of mine with a regular ratchet. With the ITP lugnuts I still find one looser than the others when I go to pull the wheels off. I don't ever use anything n the threads of the lugs.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
Last Chance Rhino
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2008-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of lugnut torque?   Speaking of lugnut torque? EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 8:07 am

Most auto lugs should be 90 - 100 lbs. My Rhino service manual says 40 ft lbs for the lugs. Seems light, but too much and you may wrap the rotors. Most specs are based on dry threads.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of lugnut torque?   Speaking of lugnut torque? EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 8:29 am

I don't crank the lugs as tight as I can can them. Just good and tight.
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of lugnut torque?   Speaking of lugnut torque? EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 10:32 am

50lbs, works good
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
jerrzr

jerrzr

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2008-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of lugnut torque?   Speaking of lugnut torque? EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 11:53 am

Stock rzr steel wheels say 12ft lbs. Rzr stock aluminium wheels say 90ft lbs. I have itp aluminum wheels and originally torqued them at 60. I about lost a wheel, and another also got loose on me. So now, as bad as i hate doing it, I torque them all at 90 and every time I'm waiting on breaking a stud but I've had them on and off several times and no wheels have gotten loose on me nor have I broken a stud. But man, its like scraping fingernails down a chalkboard to me.
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of lugnut torque?   Speaking of lugnut torque? EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 12:04 pm

I keep Never Seize (actually loctite C5-A copper anti seize ) on my studs. I have Douglas Rattlesnake wheels with ITP 14mm lug nuts. I snug them up tight, and then give them 1/4 more turn with the ratchet. I've had them on/off many times with no problems. Never a loose lug nut.
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of lugnut torque?   Speaking of lugnut torque? EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 12:06 pm

might want to back off a little, the stock polaris lugnuts for the aluminum wheels require 90 because they are so long, a reg nut is good at 50, most times i just use my electric impact which spins them on to about 60 or so. Never had a loose one yet. I also use anti-seize on the studs
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

Number of posts : 6060
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of lugnut torque?   Speaking of lugnut torque? EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 2:07 pm

Yep on the Never Squeeze......and my arme is soooooooooo calibrated, that it clicks @ 60 lbs. hide
Back to top Go down
cajuncoot
SSXSRider Member
cajuncoot

Number of posts : 3773
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of lugnut torque?   Speaking of lugnut torque? EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 4:21 pm

i torque mine to 45 and bring the wrench on rides so far after checking they have been ok. i run mine dry .HEY fox is the arm that clicks at 60 lbs the RIGHT one?? scratch
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

Number of posts : 2745

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of lugnut torque?   Speaking of lugnut torque? EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 4:26 pm

I hit mine with the impace and just say ''f'' it its good never had one loose or break a stud so I must be guessing the right torque with the impact :D
Back to top Go down
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

Number of posts : 6060
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of lugnut torque?   Speaking of lugnut torque? EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 6:35 pm

cajuncoot wrote:
i torque mine to 45 and bring the wrench on rides so far after checking they have been ok. i run mine dry .HEY fox is the arm that clicks at 60 lbs the RIGHT one?? scratch

Yep! roflmao Speaking of lugnut torque? 13435 Speaking of lugnut torque? 13435 hide :fingers: Speaking of lugnut torque? 13435
Back to top Go down
Rhino Rob
SSXSRider Member
Rhino Rob

Number of posts : 2577
Registration date : 2009-01-25
Location : the home of the volunteers and port st joe tiger sharks

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of lugnut torque?   Speaking of lugnut torque? EmptyTue May 12, 2009 4:58 pm

i carry extra lug nuts now. since i went to the ss112s i have lost 6, yep 6, lug nuts, i now have a ratchet wrench and 10 extra lugnuts in my possibles bag.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of lugnut torque?   Speaking of lugnut torque? Empty

Back to top Go down

Speaking of lugnut torque?
Page 1 of 1