SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pop-Up blockers

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Pop-Up blockers Empty
PostSubject: Pop-Up blockers   Pop-Up blockers EmptyMon Feb 18, 2008 7:50 pm

Anybody know of a good p/u blocker?? The one I had apperently expiried or dissappered, I can alomst do nothing on this thing without them bothering me. So before I go out and buy a new computer and take this one and do doughnuts on it with the Rhino, somebody helpa bruther out!!!!!
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Pop-Up blockers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pop-Up blockers   Pop-Up blockers EmptyMon Feb 18, 2008 8:04 pm

If you have Windows XP with Internet Explorer 7 there is one in there. Just needs activated. If not, download the Google Toolbar. It is free and there is a POP-UP blocker included.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Pop-Up blockers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pop-Up blockers   Pop-Up blockers EmptyMon Feb 18, 2008 8:46 pm

wvyankee2 wrote:
If you have Windows XP with Internet Explorer 7 there is one in there. Just needs activated. If not, download the Google Toolbar. It is free and there is a POP-UP blocker included.

Thanks Wv, I'll try it. EDIT- I've got the Google tool bar wih the p/u blocker. I just d/l'd Yahoo anti-spy, maybe that will help. It;s always the same 8 or ten p/u's that get through, no others, but when thy do get through, they lock me up.
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318

Pop-Up blockers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pop-Up blockers   Pop-Up blockers EmptyMon Feb 18, 2008 11:01 pm

Down Load the free version of Ad-Aware and run it. It's a good Spyware program that will pick up the stuff that your blocker is letting thru.
Back to top Go down
rcmass

rcmass

Number of posts : 999
Registration date : 2008-02-01

Pop-Up blockers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pop-Up blockers   Pop-Up blockers EmptyTue Feb 19, 2008 10:47 am

I have downloaded the google tool bar (google search on the tool bar, bookamrks, spell check for posts - I dont use it though very often - autolinks, autofills and a decent pop up blocker in it)
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296

Pop-Up blockers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pop-Up blockers   Pop-Up blockers EmptyTue Feb 19, 2008 11:03 am

If you want to protect your computor and get rid of pop ups and all that crap, ditch internet exploier and use Firefox as your browser, its free and it doesnt get all that crap the hackers target exploier with. Ive been using it for a year and its great.
http://www.2008firefox.com/?gclid=COnBu53Q0JECFQUqlgodQjCG3g

Last edited by on Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
rcmass

rcmass

Pop-Up blockers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pop-Up blockers   Pop-Up blockers EmptyTue Feb 19, 2008 11:04 am

I have had decent experience with firefox as well...
Back to top Go down
Clutch

Clutch

Number of posts : 217

Pop-Up blockers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pop-Up blockers   Pop-Up blockers EmptyWed Feb 20, 2008 8:54 pm

I have been running Firefox for ever and love it. The only problem is some web sites don't work well with the Fox. But other than that Its awesome.
Back to top Go down
rcmass

rcmass

Pop-Up blockers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pop-Up blockers   Pop-Up blockers EmptyThu Feb 21, 2008 9:18 am

exactly: hence I used the word decent....great program - but like a mac, if 95% of the world is using a microsoft product - almost all sites are geared around it...unless in an industry specific applicaation (ie. graphics, video, etc)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pop-Up blockers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pop-Up blockers   Pop-Up blockers Empty

Back to top Go down

Pop-Up blockers
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SouthernSxSRiders :: General :: Other BS-
Jump to: