SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

carb / fuel filter / air filter ?????? 2 seperate issues

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dreth

Number of posts : 346
Registration date : 2008-03-29

carb / fuel filter / air filter ?????? 2 seperate issues Empty
PostSubject: carb / fuel filter / air filter ?????? 2 seperate issues   carb / fuel filter / air filter ?????? 2 seperate issues EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 11:04 am

2007 660 rhino
I am aware of the fuel filter issue and I have had to change mine like 4 times now and it is currently brand new.
The air filter is clean.
In yet sometimes it will not go over 7 mph then all of a sudden it will take off and go???

2007 450 rhino
fairly new fuel filter
air filter had 2 dusty rides totaling 50 miles
It was running fine all day and night, we stopped for a 5 min. break and when I tried to start it up it acted like it wanted to and died then the second try it fired and when i treid to give it gas it died and the same with the 3rd and 4th tries. I let it sit for a min. and then it fired up and took off like nothing ever happend. It repeated this process 1 more time that night. AnY ideas????
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: carb / fuel filter / air filter ?????? 2 seperate issues   carb / fuel filter / air filter ?????? 2 seperate issues EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 11:06 am

sounds like cdi issues. unplug the box and make sure connection is clean then put dielectric grease in the plugs. But it might just need a new one. There is no reason to change fuel filters like that unless you have got dirt or water in the tank.
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10319
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: carb / fuel filter / air filter ?????? 2 seperate issues   carb / fuel filter / air filter ?????? 2 seperate issues EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 11:42 am

Rhinos have had problems with the silicone that they seal the pick up tube and sending unit tube on top of the tank deterorating and falling in the tank. It will suck up the fuel line causing restriction. I had the problem with mine. Took the fuel line apart to the filter and blew it out.
Back to top Go down
S
SSXSRider Member
S

Number of posts : 1655
Registration date : 2008-09-12

PostSubject: Re: carb / fuel filter / air filter ?????? 2 seperate issues   carb / fuel filter / air filter ?????? 2 seperate issues EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 12:21 pm

I had to take fuel tank out and clean it also.
Also check the vent hose.
Back to top Go down
Dreth

Number of posts : 346
Registration date : 2008-03-29

PostSubject: Re: carb / fuel filter / air filter ?????? 2 seperate issues   carb / fuel filter / air filter ?????? 2 seperate issues EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 11:08 pm

I will try these and let you know what i come up with.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: carb / fuel filter / air filter ?????? 2 seperate issues   carb / fuel filter / air filter ?????? 2 seperate issues Empty

Back to top Go down

carb / fuel filter / air filter ?????? 2 seperate issues
Page 1 of 1