SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Securing your side x side at hotels

Go down 
+3
Woodtick
GunRunner
martman100
7 posters
AuthorMessage
martman100
SSXSRider Member
martman100

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2008-11-24

Securing your side x side at hotels Empty
PostSubject: Securing your side x side at hotels   Securing your side x side at hotels EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 2:58 pm

I have never stayed at a hotel when on riding trips. Either have a cabin or tent (never again by the way). Even though my stuff is insured I don't want to go through a claim and then be stranded without something to ride.

How do you guys/gals secure your sxss at the hotel when you are on a trip?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Securing your side x side at hotels   Securing your side x side at hotels EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 3:25 pm

I chain the rzr to the trailer and have the hitch locked and a locking pin thru the reciever hitch.
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Securing your side x side at hotels   Securing your side x side at hotels EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 3:54 pm

I use this cable-lock by Schlage. 3/4 dia., 6 ft. long. Run it through my a-arm and wheel and then to the trailer. And like Gunny said trailer locked to truck, and lock-pin. Also I weld my trailer-ball to the hitch. Then as an added measure, I pull the fuel-pump fuse out of the truck overnight.

Securing your side x side at hotels Ipbbjs

Last edited by ridepate on Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Woodtick
SSXSRider Member
Woodtick

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2008-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Securing your side x side at hotels   Securing your side x side at hotels EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 3:57 pm

I do almost the same thing as Gunny only I use a rubber coated steel cable with a loop on each end for a big pad lock and lock the Rhino to the trailer with it. I used to use a chain but it was rather a pain in the butt. I doubt the cable is any stronger, it's just easier. I am of the opinion that if a determined thief wants to steal something, it's just dang tough to keep them from getting it. Most locks only stop honest folks?
Back to top Go down
Bigg Bubba

Bigg Bubba

Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Securing your side x side at hotels   Securing your side x side at hotels EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 6:52 pm

....and if you decide to unhook, we park our "tow vehicle" in front of the tongue to make it a little harder for the criminals to get to it.... but we also try to park where we can look out the window and see em.
Back to top Go down
cajuncoot
SSXSRider Member
cajuncoot

Number of posts : 3773
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Securing your side x side at hotels   Securing your side x side at hotels EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 9:55 am

also if most of the group is leaving at the same time you could put trailer to trailer and even put a cable thru both trailers.
Back to top Go down
mking
SSXSRider Member
mking

Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2008-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Securing your side x side at hotels   Securing your side x side at hotels EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 2:45 pm

Hey pate what size fuse do i need to get your truck running lol!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Securing your side x side at hotels   Securing your side x side at hotels EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 8:57 pm

mking wrote:
Hey pate what size fuse do i need to get your truck running lol!

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Mk. It's not a fuse, sorry, a relay.
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

Number of posts : 5483
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Securing your side x side at hotels   Securing your side x side at hotels EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 9:20 pm

I know witch on it is..... Wink
I will set it on the hood with a note.
Take the Truck , just leave the Rhino..... roflmao
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Securing your side x side at hotels   Securing your side x side at hotels Empty

Back to top Go down

Securing your side x side at hotels
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SouthernSxSRiders :: General :: General SidexSide Discussion-
Jump to: