SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best place to stay and be able ride the Rhino to Coal Creek OHV parking for July 26th weekend

Go down 
+5
wvyankee2
Killer Kodiak
Tellico450
GunRunner
nocerisdave
9 posters
AuthorMessage
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Best place to stay and be able ride the Rhino to Coal Creek OHV parking for July 26th weekend Empty
PostSubject: Best place to stay and be able ride the Rhino to Coal Creek OHV parking for July 26th weekend   Best place to stay and be able ride the Rhino to Coal Creek OHV parking for July 26th weekend EmptyMon Feb 25, 2008 5:37 pm

Could you guys who have information on the best place to stay without having to trailor, share some input? I have looked at the Windrock ATV club site but there only seems to be two, Indian Creek or Browning Fork Bunk houses. Are both of these near the Coal Creek parking area? Are there other places? I did stay at the Jamison on the last trip up but it would be nice not to have to trailor back and forth. I am not a camper, (anymore) and would like something with many of the comforts of home. Thanks for the help.

Last edited by wvyankee2 on Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Updated subject line for July 26th ride.)
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Best place to stay and be able ride the Rhino to Coal Creek OHV parking for July 26th weekend Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best place to stay and be able ride the Rhino to Coal Creek OHV parking for July 26th weekend   Best place to stay and be able ride the Rhino to Coal Creek OHV parking for July 26th weekend EmptyMon Feb 25, 2008 6:16 pm

You can stay at WindRock CampGround. Ride Machine straight from there to trail head :) They have Tent sites,Rv Sites and small Cabins and also have shower house Nice place to Stay :) www.WindRockCampGround.com.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Best place to stay and be able ride the Rhino to Coal Creek OHV parking for July 26th weekend   Best place to stay and be able ride the Rhino to Coal Creek OHV parking for July 26th weekend EmptyMon Feb 25, 2008 6:50 pm

i think indian creek has the small cabins too for about the same price but i think they have electric and bathroom inside cabin
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296

PostSubject: Re: Best place to stay and be able ride the Rhino to Coal Creek OHV parking for July 26th weekend   Best place to stay and be able ride the Rhino to Coal Creek OHV parking for July 26th weekend EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 11:04 am

windrock campground, or free primitive camping right at the windrock trailhead, not sure of those other places. There will be other riders that are going on the ride staying at the windrock campground friday and saturday.
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
Tellico450

Tellico450

Number of posts : 304
Registration date : 2008-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Best place to stay and be able ride the Rhino to Coal Creek OHV parking for July 26th weekend   Best place to stay and be able ride the Rhino to Coal Creek OHV parking for July 26th weekend EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 1:56 pm

RSRRhino wrote:
You can stay at WindRock CampGround. Ride Machine straight from there to trail head :) They have Tent sites,Rv Sites and small Cabins and also have shower house Nice place to Stay :) www.WindRockCampGround.com.

Also the guy watchest the place ALL DAY LOng.........HE WILL NOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT let an empty trailor onto his property!!! GREAT GUY and a GREAT place to stay!
Back to top Go down
Killer Kodiak

Killer Kodiak

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Best place to stay and be able ride the Rhino to Coal Creek OHV parking for July 26th weekend   Best place to stay and be able ride the Rhino to Coal Creek OHV parking for July 26th weekend EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 2:58 pm

I stayed at Windrock CG last weekend. Its a short ride from the trails, but its quiet at night. No morons reving up quads at 2 a.m. And Tellico is right, the guy that runs it keeps a good eye on things and enforces the rules.
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318

PostSubject: Re: Best place to stay and be able ride the Rhino to Coal Creek OHV parking for July 26th weekend   Best place to stay and be able ride the Rhino to Coal Creek OHV parking for July 26th weekend EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 5:06 pm

[quote="Killer Kodiak"]quiet at night. No morons reving up quads at 2 a.m.

Tellico, I think he's talking about us? lol!
Back to top Go down
Tellico450

Tellico450

Number of posts : 304
Registration date : 2008-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Best place to stay and be able ride the Rhino to Coal Creek OHV parking for July 26th weekend   Best place to stay and be able ride the Rhino to Coal Creek OHV parking for July 26th weekend EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 9:58 pm

[quote="wvyankee2"]
Killer Kodiak wrote:
quiet at night. No morons reving up quads at 2 a.m.

Tellico, I think he's talking about us? lol!

thats my best Friend Tyler......he knows how we are.......and trust me......he's no different!!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674

PostSubject: Re: Best place to stay and be able ride the Rhino to Coal Creek OHV parking for July 26th weekend   Best place to stay and be able ride the Rhino to Coal Creek OHV parking for July 26th weekend EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 1:17 am

Thanks for the input guys...I will be staying in Oak Ridge after all got another good deal on Priceline...see you all this weekend
Back to top Go down
RADICAL RICK

RADICAL RICK

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Best place to stay and be able ride the Rhino to Coal Creek OHV parking for July 26th weekend   Best place to stay and be able ride the Rhino to Coal Creek OHV parking for July 26th weekend EmptySat Mar 08, 2008 12:20 pm

I always stay at the barn!
Best place to stay and be able ride the Rhino to Coal Creek OHV parking for July 26th weekend 3-23-2007-04
Best place to stay and be able ride the Rhino to Coal Creek OHV parking for July 26th weekend 3-23-2007-07
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rhinorick
Clayboy
SSXSRider Member
Clayboy

Number of posts : 1861

PostSubject: Re: Best place to stay and be able ride the Rhino to Coal Creek OHV parking for July 26th weekend   Best place to stay and be able ride the Rhino to Coal Creek OHV parking for July 26th weekend EmptySat Mar 08, 2008 7:44 pm

Wheres the "Barn" ? Is it a rental? Going down next weekend and looking for someplace that we can ride from and not have to trailor.
Back to top Go down
RADICAL RICK

RADICAL RICK

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Best place to stay and be able ride the Rhino to Coal Creek OHV parking for July 26th weekend   Best place to stay and be able ride the Rhino to Coal Creek OHV parking for July 26th weekend EmptySun Mar 09, 2008 12:34 am

here is the link to the best place to stay while at windrock! cheers
http://indiancreekrvresort.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rhinorick
Clayboy
SSXSRider Member
Clayboy

Number of posts : 1861

PostSubject: Re: Best place to stay and be able ride the Rhino to Coal Creek OHV parking for July 26th weekend   Best place to stay and be able ride the Rhino to Coal Creek OHV parking for July 26th weekend EmptySun Mar 09, 2008 4:17 am

Thanks Rick, I'll have to check it out.
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

PostSubject: Re: Best place to stay and be able ride the Rhino to Coal Creek OHV parking for July 26th weekend   Best place to stay and be able ride the Rhino to Coal Creek OHV parking for July 26th weekend EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 9:19 pm

Good topic from the March ride that I updated for the upcoming July 26th Ride. Most info above is for camping. I am adding hotels to this post for those wanting to stay in them. The following are the hotels available in Oak Ridge, TN. Please visit the following link for Oak Ridge accomodations.

http://oakridgevisitor.com/accommodations.html
Back to top Go down
rhinomikey

rhinomikey

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2008-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Best place to stay and be able ride the Rhino to Coal Creek OHV parking for July 26th weekend   Best place to stay and be able ride the Rhino to Coal Creek OHV parking for July 26th weekend EmptySat Jun 21, 2008 2:06 am

GunRunner wrote:
windrock campground, or free primitive camping right at the windrock trailhead, not sure of those other places. There will be other riders that are going on the ride staying at the windrock campground friday and saturday.

Hey guys I just thought I'd let yall know, there is NO primitive camping at the trail head any more since Coal Creek opened up their new campground.

LET ME BE SURE YALL ALL UNDERSTAND, THERE IS NO MORE FREE PRIMITIVE CAMPING AT THE TRAIL HEAD ANY MORE!

I put that in large bold print not so yall would think I was yelling but so everyone who checks this thread will see it, I hope. I just didn't want anyone to go thinking they could stay for free because you can't.

You can stay at three places that I know of and be able to ride your rhino or four wheeler or whatever you drive to the trails without trailering they are:

http://www.windrockpark.com/ This is the new campground that Coal Creek,( the owner of the property you will be riding on), opened just last month.

http://www.windrockcampground.com/ This is the campground that has been open the longest, you just ride down a gravel road to the main trail head from this place.

http://indiancreekrvresort.com/ This is a really nice place and you ride on trails from it to the other trails, but it is small and fills up quickly.

If you are going to be staying in a motel in OakRidge, most of them will give you a discount if you tell them you are coming to ride and ask for any discount they have, but you usually have to ask for it!
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

PostSubject: Re: Best place to stay and be able ride the Rhino to Coal Creek OHV parking for July 26th weekend   Best place to stay and be able ride the Rhino to Coal Creek OHV parking for July 26th weekend EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 7:41 pm

Thanks for the info Mikey.
Back to top Go down
rhinomikey

rhinomikey

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2008-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Best place to stay and be able ride the Rhino to Coal Creek OHV parking for July 26th weekend   Best place to stay and be able ride the Rhino to Coal Creek OHV parking for July 26th weekend EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 4:21 am

wvyankee2 wrote:
Thanks for the info Mikey.

Anytime!
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Best place to stay and be able ride the Rhino to Coal Creek OHV parking for July 26th weekend   Best place to stay and be able ride the Rhino to Coal Creek OHV parking for July 26th weekend EmptyThu Jul 17, 2008 12:07 am

I have been there to the "barn". Nice place to stay ( I used a tent out by the lake) and seems to be pretty well safe to leave your quad if you need to run to town. I would recommend it!
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best place to stay and be able ride the Rhino to Coal Creek OHV parking for July 26th weekend   Best place to stay and be able ride the Rhino to Coal Creek OHV parking for July 26th weekend Empty

Back to top Go down

Best place to stay and be able ride the Rhino to Coal Creek OHV parking for July 26th weekend
Page 1 of 1