SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rhino Noises

Go down 
+2
tabraha
BOOMERANG
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Rhino Noises Empty
PostSubject: Rhino Noises   Rhino Noises EmptyMon Feb 25, 2008 7:01 pm

Has anyone found any problems on the newer Rhinos that they could point out here?

Just wondering if anyone else has a loud squeak an knocking coming from the back of the vehicle under the bed somewhere. This Rhino I got may be going back to the dealer soon unless anyone else has the problem, not proving to be reliable so far.
Back to top Go down
BOOMERANG

BOOMERANG

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-02-18

Rhino Noises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhino Noises   Rhino Noises EmptyMon Feb 25, 2008 7:28 pm

Boilermakers son bought a Rhino Friday night and his is doing the same thing. The sound coming from his\, is the muffler rattling. It is attached by a spring, and Stanley says his only does that when hitting a heavy bump or hole. It is probably a really simple fix.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Rhino Noises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhino Noises   Rhino Noises EmptyMon Feb 25, 2008 7:38 pm

This is doing it as soon as I start moving on driveway. I reach back an hold the bed while moving and it doesnt do it as bad. I think its the bed vibrating, although there should be some way to tighten it up.

I need to go ahead an check the Diff Oil just to make sure its not the rear diff. Although I hope the dealer checked all that before putting it on the floor. Guess I'll go ahead an take it on the ride this weekend to Windrock and after I get back take it to the first service an mention the noises to the dealer. Just hope its nouthing major and will be ready to run 100-200 miles.

Boomerang how do you like your new Rhino? Probably should be the same thing because the Sport and Midnight Armor are almost the same bike.
Back to top Go down
tabraha

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-02-15

Rhino Noises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhino Noises   Rhino Noises EmptyMon Feb 25, 2008 7:43 pm

Check to make sure the dump bed is pushed down all the way. If I push mine down until it latches it won't latch snugly sometimes; usually on the opposite side latch point. Then it will squeak terribly. If I push down on both sides of the bed it will latch snugly and my squeak is gone. Just one possibility, I've had muffler mounts vibrate loose too but I've got a 660.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Rhino Noises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhino Noises   Rhino Noises EmptyMon Feb 25, 2008 7:51 pm

I think you just got it. I re-checked the opposite of the Bed and as soon as I mashed it, it popped open. Once I made sure both sides were secured the rattle\squeak is gone.

Everyone continue to use this thread to discuss problems with the newer Rhinos if there are any. So I will know anything else I may need to check as well as others.
Back to top Go down
tabraha

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-02-15

Rhino Noises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhino Noises   Rhino Noises EmptyMon Feb 25, 2008 8:00 pm

Hope that was it. I lived with that squeak a good while until I finally loaded and dumped some gravel out of the back and realized what it was. I push both sides down now and don't even think about it anymore.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Rhino Noises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhino Noises   Rhino Noises EmptyMon Feb 25, 2008 8:15 pm

The heat-shield over the muffler is prone to some noise too. Mine was touching the hangar at the rear ever so slightly, little tweek, gone.
Back to top Go down
BOOMERANG

BOOMERANG

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-02-18

Rhino Noises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhino Noises   Rhino Noises EmptyMon Feb 25, 2008 8:30 pm

Rick, I haven't ridden in the Rhino yet, even though we went on a big ride this past weekend. Sean, the youngest grandson was the passenger for the day.

That's Boilermakers toy and honestly I REALLY enjoy my own ATV. I don't want to be a passenger, I like being in control of my own ride.
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Rhino Noises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhino Noises   Rhino Noises EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 11:32 am

Its just new brand gitters,( that little gremlin in your head telling you WHAT WERE YOU THINKING! TRADING A PROWLER FOR THIS!. LOL) I learned from my polaris 800, run the crap out of it untill it breaks! It had all kinds of nasty noises but I learned they were normal and it never let me down. Same with my prowler it had a noise, it turned out to be muffler heat shield. Ear plugs help till you get use to it. lol!
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
Tellico450

Tellico450

Number of posts : 304
Registration date : 2008-01-21

Rhino Noises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhino Noises   Rhino Noises EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 2:04 pm

ATV_Rick wrote:
This is doing it as soon as I start moving on driveway. I reach back an hold the bed while moving and it doesnt do it as bad. I think its the bed vibrating, although there should be some way to tighten it up.

I need to go ahead an check the Diff Oil just to make sure its not the rear diff. Although I hope the dealer checked all that before putting it on the floor. Guess I'll go ahead an take it on the ride this weekend to Windrock and after I get back take it to the first service an mention the noises to the dealer. Just hope its nouthing major and will be ready to run 100-200 miles.

Boomerang how do you like your new Rhino? Probably should be the same thing because the Sport and Midnight Armor are almost the same bike.

midnight armor is simply the plastic man....thats it!
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318

Rhino Noises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhino Noises   Rhino Noises EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 2:08 pm

ATV_Rick wrote:
Has anyone found any problems on the newer Rhinos that they could point out here?

Just wondering if anyone else has a loud squeak an knocking coming from the back of the vehicle under the bed somewhere. This Rhino I got may be going back to the dealer soon unless anyone else has the problem, not proving to be reliable so far.

The Problem is with that new air intake system under the hood. My 07 660 has no noises at all except that motor growling under the Doghouse. lol!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Rhino Noises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhino Noises   Rhino Noises EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 3:06 pm

That squeak was solved with the bed latch issue yesterday. At least I caught it before tolerating it as long as some of you all did. The 2008 Rhino is otherwise quiet except for engine!
Back to top Go down
muddyrhino

muddyrhino

Number of posts : 46

Rhino Noises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhino Noises   Rhino Noises EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 8:52 pm

Rick you might want to check your air filter to insure that it is oiled. The manifest on mine said it was oiled at the factory and when I acted like a biotch in the dealership the guy took the cover off and low and behold it was dry as a bone.
Back to top Go down
http://www.undergrounatv.com
Anonymous

Rhino Noises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhino Noises   Rhino Noises EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 3:25 pm

muddyrhino wrote:
Rick you might want to check your air filter to insure that it is oiled. The manifest on mine said it was oiled at the factory and when I acted like a biotch in the dealership the guy took the cover off and low and behold it was dry as a bone.

I just went out an took the Air Filter out and it does feel oily so guess that was taken care of on mine.

Wheels, If you read this was your air filter oiled correctly when you got yours since it came from KC's also? That is more than likely something all dealers should be doing and checking. Does yamaha oil any of them from the factory?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rhino Noises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhino Noises   Rhino Noises Empty

Back to top Go down

Rhino Noises
Page 1 of 1