SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Got my "Rhino Free Repair Offer" from Yamaha today...

Go down 
+2
ridepate
2Slow4U
6 posters
AuthorMessage
2Slow4U
SSXSRider Member
2Slow4U

Number of posts : 1657
Registration date : 2009-05-18

Got my "Rhino Free Repair Offer" from Yamaha today... Empty
PostSubject: Got my "Rhino Free Repair Offer" from Yamaha today...   Got my "Rhino Free Repair Offer" from Yamaha today... EmptyTue May 26, 2009 10:52 pm

The official notification arrived and included the expected $100 coupon toward a helmet, but also a $25 coupon toward any purchase of Yamaha Genuine Accessories. The notification letter made no mention of the "conditions" related to modified Rhinos, etc. It also addressed on 660s and 450s, no 700s...

Everyone else getting their letters?
Back to top Go down
http://www.simpletractors.com
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Got my "Rhino Free Repair Offer" from Yamaha today...   Got my "Rhino Free Repair Offer" from Yamaha today... EmptyTue May 26, 2009 11:23 pm

Me too got it today. Filed it in the round-bin...........
Back to top Go down
2Slow4U
SSXSRider Member
2Slow4U

PostSubject: Re: Got my "Rhino Free Repair Offer" from Yamaha today...   Got my "Rhino Free Repair Offer" from Yamaha today... EmptyWed May 27, 2009 6:44 am

I'm going to call the local dealer and go for it. I'll take them up on their $100 off a helmet so I can get another size for passengers.

I plan to swap my spacers around before I take it in, pulling the 1" spacers off the front and putting them on the back to keep the track the same width, removing the 2" that are already on there. Then when they put the 2" on, I'll save the 1" and put them back on the front...

I don't want to be in a position down the road where my machine doesn't comply with the factory "recalls"...
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Got my "Rhino Free Repair Offer" from Yamaha today...   Got my "Rhino Free Repair Offer" from Yamaha today... EmptyWed May 27, 2009 7:55 am

KentT wrote:
I don't want to be in a position down the road where my machine doesn't comply with the factory "recalls"...

This isn't an Official recall by Yamaha. It is a Voluntary repair program that Yamaha has agreed to do as recommended by the Consumer safety Board. I cant say for sure, but I would guess that if a present owner does not get this done, that a future owner will be able to take it in to have it done. Yamaha is not admitting that their is a need for a safety recall, rather it is just saying that if the Consumer safety board is recommending this they will do it while not necessarily agreeing with the premise that it is necessary. This is a slick way by them to say they will make recommended safety changes while not admitting they engineered an unsafe machine. The purpose of the accessory offer and helmet offer is try to get as many people as they can who have already made changes to come forward thereby acknowledging that they were notified about the recommended changes. All things considered this is a pretty slick way for Yamaha to help reduce their future liability of this product. By the Consumer safety board recommending these changes, they are saying that with these changes the Rhino is a safe consumer product. This will go along way in future litigation for Yamaha to prove that the product was safe and the driver was negligent. 2cents
Back to top Go down
2Slow4U
SSXSRider Member
2Slow4U

PostSubject: Re: Got my "Rhino Free Repair Offer" from Yamaha today...   Got my "Rhino Free Repair Offer" from Yamaha today... EmptyWed May 27, 2009 8:09 am

wvyankee2 wrote:
KentT wrote:

This isn't an Official recall by Yamaha. It is a Voluntary repair program that Yamaha has agreed to do as recommended by the Consumer safety Board. I cant say for sure, but I would guess that if a present owner does not get this done, that a future owner will be able to take it in to have it done. Yamaha is not admitting that their is a need for a safety recall, rather it is just saying that if the Consumer safety board is recommending this they will do it while not necessarily agreeing with the premise that it is necessary. This is a slick way by them to say they will make recommended safety changes while not admitting they engineered an unsafe machine. The purpose of the accessory offer and helmet offer is try to get as many people as they can who have already made changes to come forward thereby acknowledging that they were notified about the recommended changes. All things considered this is a pretty slick way for Yamaha to help reduce their future liability of this product. By the Consumer safety board recommending these changes, they are saying that with these changes the Rhino is a safe consumer product. This will go along way in future litigation for Yamaha to prove that the product was safe and the driver was negligent. 2cents

Oh, I understand that it isn't a mandatory recall. I understand it's pure CYA on Yamaha's part. The form requires that you acknowledge the dangers of such things as doing donuts, sliding sideways, or fishtailing etc -- and after you've watched the video and signed the form, it's hard to claim ignorance.

But I'm not sure if the difference means a whole hell of a lot to anyone besides a lawyer or someone trying to sue them. But, I don't want Joe Sixpack or someone, some time down the road questioning whether the machine has been serviced, maintained, etc.
Back to top Go down
rhino nut
SSXSRider Member
rhino nut

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2009-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Got my "Rhino Free Repair Offer" from Yamaha today...   Got my "Rhino Free Repair Offer" from Yamaha today... EmptyFri May 29, 2009 7:34 am

I think that if every body would use there head, an put on there own safty equipment that suits there riding style then everyone would be safe, I dont understand why people wants to get out an climb rocks an trees while being drunk, I cant get why people get out an ride extreme thins in a stock rhino with no harnesses or anything, That is not what these machines were intended for. I have rolled mine a number of time side over side an end over end an have never had the first scratch, I wear a helmet all the time an 4 point harnesses .Those people get out ackting stupid without the proper pertection, dont need to be in a rhino they need to be in an ARMY tank.

Last edited by rhino nut on Fri May 29, 2009 4:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
2Slow4U
SSXSRider Member
2Slow4U

PostSubject: Re: Got my "Rhino Free Repair Offer" from Yamaha today...   Got my "Rhino Free Repair Offer" from Yamaha today... EmptyFri May 29, 2009 10:48 am

rhino nut wrote:
I think that if every body would use there head, an put on there own safty equipment that suits there riding style then everyone would be safe, I dont understand why people wants to get out an climb rocks an trees while being drunk, I cant get why people get out an ride extreme thins in a stock rhino with no harnesses or anything, That is not what these machines were intended for. I have rolled mine a number of time side over side an end over end an have never had the first scratch. Those people get out ackting stupid without the proper pertection, dont need to be in a rhino they need to be in an ARMY tank.

There ain't no fixing stoopid...

Many of the injuries are from people not using the seatbelts provided, or in not wearing helmets and hitting their heads on the cage. I'm sure a 4-point or 5-point harness would help, but I'm not sure those would negate the need to wear a helmet.

I'm also sure alcohol is involved in many of them too, if we only knew the stats... then throw in the ones where kids are operating them.

IMO, they're pretty safe, when operated by a responsible adult, who acts responsibly...
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

Number of posts : 2745
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Got my "Rhino Free Repair Offer" from Yamaha today...   Got my "Rhino Free Repair Offer" from Yamaha today... EmptyFri May 29, 2009 4:08 pm

I got mine the other day I just tossed it in the trash already got spacers all the way around they are about a year or so too late
Back to top Go down
rhino nut
SSXSRider Member
rhino nut

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2009-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Got my "Rhino Free Repair Offer" from Yamaha today...   Got my "Rhino Free Repair Offer" from Yamaha today... EmptyFri May 29, 2009 4:19 pm

Yes sir KentT you said that right there aint no fixing STUPID.
Back to top Go down
2Slow4U
SSXSRider Member
2Slow4U

PostSubject: Re: Got my "Rhino Free Repair Offer" from Yamaha today...   Got my "Rhino Free Repair Offer" from Yamaha today... EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 11:45 am

Just wanted to follow-up....

I just returned from the dealer, having this done. The spacers are 2" billet spacers that I'd posted a picture of before. They removed and kept the swaybar. I watched their "safety video" -- it's the same Rhino Owners Orientatation DVD that came with my 2008 Rhino -- and I got the free helmet for use by passengers (got a different size from those I already have). Absolutely no hassles -- and I have aftermarket ITP 5+2 offset Delta wheels and 26" Bighorn tires.

As I've described elsewhere, when I took it in, I temporariily had 1" spacers on the rear and none on the front. I had them return the 1" spacers and lug nuts to me, and now I'll reinstall those on the front.

Just wanted to close the loop on this.
Back to top Go down
jigger

jigger

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Got my "Rhino Free Repair Offer" from Yamaha today...   Got my "Rhino Free Repair Offer" from Yamaha today... EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 3:28 pm

I got my spacers the other day. High quality, easy install. I kept my sway bar. I don't think I'll put it back on but I paid for it so I'm keeping it. We never got the helmet program offer in Canada.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Got my "Rhino Free Repair Offer" from Yamaha today...   Got my "Rhino Free Repair Offer" from Yamaha today... Empty

Back to top Go down

Got my "Rhino Free Repair Offer" from Yamaha today...
Page 1 of 1