SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New info on MSD ignition for 09 Teryx

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
hunterworks

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2008-09-14

New info on MSD ignition for 09 Teryx Empty
PostSubject: New info on MSD ignition for 09 Teryx   New info on MSD ignition for 09 Teryx EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 7:28 am

I finally got the call yesterday that my prototype ignition/fuel controller from MSD would be here next week.

I asked about adjusting each cylinder separately. The answer was yes and here is how it would be done. You get a baseline or fuel map for both cylinders then you can go into rear cylinder only and adjust up or down. So for the front you tune for both cylinders then when you get done and want something different for rear it can be adjusted by itself.

I have not seen the software yet but there will be two different interfaces. One just like the present system on the Rhino where you have a graph that you manipulate dots on a screen by RPM only then the new interface which is a table much like the Power Commander where there is a table with RPM on one side and throttle position on the other side.

As soon as I get it I will be digging in and giving them feedback on what else needs to be changed, learning the system before its' released and giving info out about it along the way.

I will also show some screen shots so you can see the software.

The price still looks like it will be around $400
Back to top Go down
http://www.hunterworks.com
hunterworks

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2008-09-14

PostSubject: Re: New info on MSD ignition for 09 Teryx   New info on MSD ignition for 09 Teryx EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 7:18 pm

It will have the ignition built in so you will be able to get by the rev limiters.

It is still on track for production in Sept. The only thing left is final touches on software.

I had a talk with them today about it.

The software will show the following in real time.

Air intake pressure
Throttle position
engine temp
engine rpm
intake air temp ( I think I remember this)
engine timing (super cool for me)

Another thing is you will be able to adjust timing off air intake pressure (engine load) instead of just rpm.

As the software comes you can add and take away as much as 50% more or less fuel. I suggested already 100% but you do run into duty cycle on the injector and if you need that much fuel you need to get a bigger injector.

They are sending several out to companies like Hunterworks to run it thru it's paces.

I can't wait till I see the software!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.hunterworks.com
KJSmith84

KJSmith84

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2009-07-01

PostSubject: Re: New info on MSD ignition for 09 Teryx   New info on MSD ignition for 09 Teryx EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 9:52 am

If anyone wants one let me know - I can get you a better price then Todd can
Back to top Go down
blu-knight
SSXSRider Member
blu-knight

Number of posts : 840
Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: New info on MSD ignition for 09 Teryx   New info on MSD ignition for 09 Teryx EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 10:16 am

Hunterworks has great customer service. I ordered a set of billet hubs from Todd. The manufacture give me hell but Todd bent over backwards to try and help me out.

Chad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New info on MSD ignition for 09 Teryx   New info on MSD ignition for 09 Teryx Empty

Back to top Go down

New info on MSD ignition for 09 Teryx
Page 1 of 1