SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

lights and battery

Go down 
+6
ridepate
AIRBORNE
Neuromax
shawnley1222
nocerisdave
wild woody
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
wild woody

wild woody

Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2009-07-10

lights and battery Empty
PostSubject: lights and battery   lights and battery EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 5:42 pm

i have (4) 55 watts lights on the frount. some have told me that i will run the battery down if i run them long. the dealers says the battery will not go dead it will hold the power. we are wanting to start riding more at night. what do yall think is that to much power for the stock batteery ? i hate to spend what they want to add the xtra battery in the rear with cables i was told it is around 500.00 installed.can i just change the stock bulbs in the stock lights help ?
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674
Registration date : 2008-01-22

lights and battery Empty
PostSubject: Re: lights and battery   lights and battery EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 6:20 pm

Speaking from experience.....if you run the 4-55s, at the same time, more than 45 minutes you will drain the battery low enough it wont start. I had 4-55s on mine and had them wired to run either two or four a time. Two need to be turned off two to allow your system to charge up again. Now that thats said......I no longer have the 4-55s but only use the stock HID upgrades. I would not have imagined that they would have drowned out the 4-55s but they do. One of the best "bolt on" mods you will do for your rhino.
Back to top Go down
wild woody

wild woody

lights and battery Empty
PostSubject: Re: lights and battery   lights and battery EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 6:27 pm

i run on the streets at night due to it being street leagal so will i blind people going down the road at night with the hid in the stocks lights ?
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

Number of posts : 2745

lights and battery Empty
PostSubject: Re: lights and battery   lights and battery EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 6:33 pm

HIDs are the way to go. ya they are bright not sure about running down the road with them though
Back to top Go down
Neuromax
SSXSRider Member
Neuromax

Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2008-02-18

lights and battery Empty
PostSubject: Re: lights and battery   lights and battery EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 6:51 pm

Just keep your stock lights to keep it street legal but get a set of the Checker HID's, one pair will be brighter than your 4 55 watt lights
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

lights and battery Empty
PostSubject: Re: lights and battery   lights and battery EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 10:40 pm

I agree with Neuromax. Get a set of HIDs from Oreilly Auto Parts and keep your stockers "stock". That way you have both.......stockers for the street and HIDs for the trail. There is nothing like HID lights......WOWWW!!@!!
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

lights and battery Empty
PostSubject: Re: lights and battery   lights and battery EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 10:50 pm

wild woody wrote:
i run on the streets at night due to it being street leagal so will i blind people going down the road at night with the hid in the stocks lights ?

No you wouldnt blind oncoming cars with with the stocker hid upgrades. I ride on the road at night a lot and have never had a problem with oncoming cars flashing me.
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

lights and battery Empty
PostSubject: Re: lights and battery   lights and battery EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 11:32 pm

nocerisdave wrote:
Speaking from experience.....if you run the 4-55s, at the same time, more than 45 minutes you will drain the battery low enough it wont start. I had 4-55s on mine and had them wired to run either two or four a time. Two need to be turned off two to allow your system to charge up again. Now that thats said......I no longer have the 4-55s but only use the stock HID upgrades. I would not have imagined that they would have drowned out the 4-55s but they do. One of the best "bolt on" mods you will do for your rhino.

Not only what Dave said but the Rhino will die, cut-off completely and you will be stuck, dead in the water so to speak. Get the HID's period.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

lights and battery Empty
PostSubject: Re: lights and battery   lights and battery EmptySat Jul 11, 2009 12:09 am

HIDs HIDs HIDs
Back to top Go down
wild woody

wild woody

lights and battery Empty
PostSubject: Re: lights and battery   lights and battery EmptySat Jul 11, 2009 1:36 am

so orileys has hid lights ? so i can mount them seperate from my stock lights ?
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

lights and battery Empty
PostSubject: Re: lights and battery   lights and battery EmptySat Jul 11, 2009 2:38 am

Your cheapest and least amount of weight, route is replace the stockers with HID upgrade kit. I dont believe you will easily find HIDs at a parts store. I got mine from Bluegrass UTV, or Clay here on the forum, https://southernsxsriders.forumakers.com/bluegrass-utv-f11/bluegrass-utv-store-t1586.htm

Had mine 9 months and about as much abuse as I could throw at them and no problems.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

lights and battery Empty
PostSubject: Re: lights and battery   lights and battery EmptySat Jul 11, 2009 7:05 am

I am running the HIDs that Clay sells in both of my rigs..........no problems. They are cheaper all together than the Oreilly HID lights and they just replace your stockers. The OReilly ones are really nice, but will require you to run some wiring (unless you have wiring already ran for those 55w that you can splice into) and you will need to have a place to mount them. They mount with a single "bolt" down thru a hole.
lights and battery WhiteKnucklepics064
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
wild woody

wild woody

lights and battery Empty
PostSubject: Re: lights and battery   lights and battery EmptySat Jul 11, 2009 11:29 am

can i for right now a make a quick fix and just take out the stock 27 watt bulb and replace it with a 55 watt bulb or willl it be to hot in the stock light ?
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

lights and battery Empty
PostSubject: Re: lights and battery   lights and battery EmptySat Jul 11, 2009 12:36 pm

How much are those HIDs from Oreillys LT?
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

lights and battery Empty
PostSubject: Re: lights and battery   lights and battery EmptySat Jul 11, 2009 12:51 pm

wild woody wrote:
can i for right now a make a quick fix and just take out the stock 27 watt bulb and replace it with a 55 watt bulb or willl it be to hot in the stock light ?

Dunno about that.....but with the majority of after market one being 55watt replacements i wouldn't think it would not melt the lens. You already have 4 55s on board I would say your stockers with 55w replacements would be very little difference if any at all.
Back to top Go down
wild woody

wild woody

lights and battery Empty
PostSubject: Re: lights and battery   lights and battery EmptySat Jul 11, 2009 12:59 pm

orileys says they dont know how much have to order them from suppler on monday and check on price then.
Back to top Go down
wild woody

wild woody

lights and battery Empty
PostSubject: Re: lights and battery   lights and battery EmptySat Jul 11, 2009 9:52 pm

what about ebay i saw several on there as a kit and they are exonon or something like that brand and look ok and are only 29.00 for the kit. is that to good of deal to be true or junk. go to ebay and type in hid lights and tell me if any of those look ok thanks
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

lights and battery Empty
PostSubject: Re: lights and battery   lights and battery EmptySat Jul 11, 2009 10:09 pm

I dont know anyone running those, or how customer service might be. But shippings 30 bucks too. So for 60 hell give em a shot and let us know how they do.
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

Number of posts : 2745

lights and battery Empty
PostSubject: Re: lights and battery   lights and battery EmptySun Jul 12, 2009 12:58 am

I went from stock headlights to the "ultra white" replacement bulbs and they made a small difference but then when I went from those to HID it was a completly different world
Back to top Go down
moto92

moto92

Number of posts : 521
Registration date : 2008-09-06

lights and battery Empty
PostSubject: Re: lights and battery   lights and battery EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 10:24 pm

i have the siezmik bar with 4 55watt lights. we do lots of night riding and ive never had a problem. i do try and turn them off if we are on a road just to recharge and then on again when we hit the woods.

i might have to check into these HIDs though. sounds like a good investment for us night riders
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

lights and battery Empty
PostSubject: Re: lights and battery   lights and battery EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 10:40 pm

I'll try to give some input here. These are replacement RZR lights off in the distance

lights and battery 042ufb

I hate to use this pic of Clayboy for an example "not really" But look at my stock head lights compared to my HIDs on my light bar.

lights and battery Evarts2609036rb6
Back to top Go down
moto92

moto92

Number of posts : 521
Registration date : 2008-09-06

lights and battery Empty
PostSubject: Re: lights and battery   lights and battery EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 10:57 pm

what brand you running R
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

lights and battery Empty
PostSubject: Re: lights and battery   lights and battery EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 10:58 pm

HID replacements are the way to go. You will throw-away any 55w or 100w halo's. They are pale in comparison..........,
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

lights and battery Empty
PostSubject: Re: lights and battery   lights and battery EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 11:06 pm

moto92 wrote:
what brand you running R

You know, I am not sure. Clayboy got them to see if they were any good. I am the tester geek We will have to ask him.
Back to top Go down
2Slow4U
SSXSRider Member
2Slow4U

Number of posts : 1657
Registration date : 2009-05-18

lights and battery Empty
PostSubject: Re: lights and battery   lights and battery EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 11:28 pm

Question for those of you with the 7" or 9" HIDs mounted up high on either a dash bar or the A pillar -- do they block your view enough to be a nuisance ?

I already have a spare tire blocking my view, and though I'd originally thought of adding 6" or 7" ones up hiigh on the dash bar of the tire carrier, I'm now having second thoughts.

Recently, I've been looking at a pair of these 4-inchers, to mount down low, either on the bumper or off the front of the tire carrier, in front of the spare tire. Here they are at Checker online -- not nearly the deal that you hear about in the stores, but I have none close to me.

http://shop.oreillyauto.com/productdetail.aspx?MfrCode=CSM&MfrPartNumber=99004&CategoryCode=3151

The ones below appear to be the same as the ones from Checker, etc. I've heard of availability issues with those from Checker/Kragen/OReilly, so this is the fallback position.

lights and battery HIDX%20Ad%20Photo

http://www.rdmoffroad.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=628

Now, I just have to stock up my "toy fund" so I can order them since I just depleted it with the gauges, snorkel job, and backup lights.

I try not let my toys impact the household cash flow so the missus has nothing to complain about other than the time I spend...
Back to top Go down
http://www.simpletractors.com
Sponsored content

lights and battery Empty
PostSubject: Re: lights and battery   lights and battery Empty

Back to top Go down

lights and battery
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next