SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Yamaha Rhino Harness Bars

Go down 
+2
Tiger Rag
shawnley1222
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Yamaha Rhino Harness Bars Empty
PostSubject: Yamaha Rhino Harness Bars   Yamaha Rhino Harness Bars EmptyMon Mar 03, 2008 12:53 pm

Looking around on ebay has anyone used this style of Harness Bar? For $120 and it mounts to the stock shoulder belt mounts. It used loop end harnesses. below is a link to view it. Just thinking about putting Harnesses on mine.

Let me hear some opinions on Harness Bars.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/YAMAHA-RHINO-2008-2007-HARNESS-BAR_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43966QQihZ006QQitemZ160213237880QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

Number of posts : 2745
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Yamaha Rhino Harness Bars   Yamaha Rhino Harness Bars EmptyMon Mar 03, 2008 1:24 pm

Looks like a winner to me sorry no helpful input though rick
Back to top Go down
Tiger Rag

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Yamaha Rhino Harness Bars   Yamaha Rhino Harness Bars EmptyMon Mar 03, 2008 2:20 pm

Looks about like the one I have from BRP. Should be fine.
Back to top Go down
rcmass

rcmass

Number of posts : 999
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Yamaha Rhino Harness Bars   Yamaha Rhino Harness Bars EmptyMon Mar 03, 2008 2:40 pm

looks better than the brp bar I have - I'd run with it Rick.

My 3" crows work well in the same style closed loop set up.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Yamaha Rhino Harness Bars   Yamaha Rhino Harness Bars EmptyMon Mar 03, 2008 2:43 pm

Where did you buy your actual harnesses from or what style did you get work with the Loop End Harness?

Most all the ones I am seeing actually BOLT IN all 5 pts?

Thinking this would be a good first mod. The stock tires and wheels performed excellent at Windrock this last weekend so I kind of bypassed
that mod for allittle. If I get a good reccomendation on Harnesses I might go ahead an get the Harness Bar.
Back to top Go down
rcmass

rcmass

PostSubject: Re: Yamaha Rhino Harness Bars   Yamaha Rhino Harness Bars EmptyMon Mar 03, 2008 3:09 pm

I got 3" padded crow harnesses from court at utv powersprts.

greg at unleashed utv should also have them.
Back to top Go down
kykult64

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2008-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Yamaha Rhino Harness Bars   Yamaha Rhino Harness Bars EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 6:04 pm

I actually copied that design when I made my harness bar. I love the way mine works and it is exactly the same. The only advice I can give is to get the sholder harnesses that form a Y. That way the individual belts will stay where they need to and not migrate away from each other. Thats what mine do, I need to change them.

Josh Starrett
Back to top Go down
rcmass

rcmass

PostSubject: Re: Yamaha Rhino Harness Bars   Yamaha Rhino Harness Bars EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 9:41 pm

I got individual belts - my bar has belt loop sand they are killer....but without the belt loops - get the Y belts definitely.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Yamaha Rhino Harness Bars   Yamaha Rhino Harness Bars EmptyThu Mar 06, 2008 10:26 pm

Everyone if your interested in this bar, I just placed an order for one and plan to call UTV powersports tomorrow an order some 4\5 point harnesses from Court. So you can check my Rhino out to answer any questions you have. Maybe I will have this stuff in by late next week.

Have Fun and I will show some pics when I get it.!

-Rick
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Yamaha Rhino Harness Bars   Yamaha Rhino Harness Bars EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 12:25 am

Update to this thread after I placed the order for the bar. I was contacted by the seller wanting to know the color I wanted and if I needed belts. I ended up going ahead an buying the belts from the same person, so there would not be any extra shipping to deal with.

Thought I would throw that out; that I did not go thought UTV Powersports at all so hopefully some others will buy from him an keep them in business.

On a side note, go ahead an look up CFDBOSS on ebay if you need a harness system. So far he has done excellent business and had awesome communication! Hopefully I will have something to share with you next week.
l
The harnesses will run you $99\each and the bar is $119. They are also Black 2" real 5pts!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Yamaha Rhino Harness Bars   Yamaha Rhino Harness Bars EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 7:04 am

looks like a solid buy.... good find Rick. i'm curious what the setup will look like on the midnight...

:D
Back to top Go down
rcmass

rcmass

PostSubject: Re: Yamaha Rhino Harness Bars   Yamaha Rhino Harness Bars EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 7:19 am

sound slike a good deal ans nice set up rick - you will love em - swear they make you go faster Wink
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Yamaha Rhino Harness Bars   Yamaha Rhino Harness Bars EmptyFri Mar 14, 2008 11:28 pm

Hey whats up everyone? To update this thread. I did get the Harness Bar and 2 CROW Harnesses today. The bar is mounted an shown in the picture below, and one harness is mounted. The picture showed up dark so I will take a better one later. My stock seat belt is still on half way on the passenger side is why I havent got the 5 pt mounted. If anyone hasnt done it you will love getting them bolts out, also had to fight with it an drill holes to even mount the bar.

Is there anyone out there that can give a descipition of how the hanrnesses mount an work. I think the drivers side is sort of right where I can hook it, but don't trust that its correct. Also I don't have that short strap mounted, guessing it is the 5th point. I am thinking of drilling a hole straight up under the seat to mount it too.

Hopefully someone in this area has some experience and on one of the rides can look it over an set it up. So if someone can look at it on a ride, the option is open. I have no experience with 5pts.

Yamaha Rhino Harness Bars IM000448

Yamaha Rhino Harness Bars IM000450
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Yamaha Rhino Harness Bars   Yamaha Rhino Harness Bars EmptySat Mar 15, 2008 12:42 am

Man, those harness loops on that bar look pretty frail. suspect
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Yamaha Rhino Harness Bars   Yamaha Rhino Harness Bars EmptySat Mar 15, 2008 1:08 am

Thanks for the reply wvyankee. The eyelet loops are probably about like all the other bars out there, that picture may make it look lighter weight material than it is. The bar itsself seem solid. All those loops do it keep the strap from sliding sideways on the bar, other than that they do nouthing. The bar is what keeps you held in.

Anyone got any information to use on getting them set-up perfect. I will let everyone know if anything goes wrong after tomorrow, I will be riding Wilborns with one harness installed. Passenger side will be installed after I get the drivers side perfect.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1435
Registration date : 2008-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Yamaha Rhino Harness Bars   Yamaha Rhino Harness Bars EmptySat Mar 15, 2008 3:47 am

Rick..the main part of the loops go around the big part of the bar!!!! you have that one in the pic all around the little loops
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yamaha Rhino Harness Bars   Yamaha Rhino Harness Bars Empty

Back to top Go down

Yamaha Rhino Harness Bars
Page 1 of 1