SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Question on shifting tranny??

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Woodtick
SSXSRider Member
Woodtick

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2008-11-15

Question on shifting tranny?? Empty
PostSubject: Question on shifting tranny??   Question on shifting tranny?? EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 10:27 am

When I shift my 09, 450 into low, I have to "tickle" the throttle ever so slightly to get the low light to come on and that last fraction of an inch on the shift. That is the only gear that is the least bit problematic. Anyone or everyone else having this same symptom? Thanks for your time guys.
Back to top Go down
Neuromax
SSXSRider Member
Neuromax

Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2008-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Question on shifting tranny??   Question on shifting tranny?? EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 11:03 am

sounds like you might need to make a SLIGHT adjustment on the linkage.
Back to top Go down
neilbedwell

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Question on shifting tranny??   Question on shifting tranny?? EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 6:26 pm

Mine's pretty much the same way. I push the shifter into the low "groove" and touch the throttle and then you can feel it shift, feel the shifter move that last little bit and the low light comes on. I have adjusted my linkage and it still does this. I have to push kinda hard to get the shifter into the low groove but once I step on the gas it pops right in by itself. Might try to adjust the linkage a tiny tiny tiny bit and see if that helps. Mine has a tendency to not shift into neutral from the forward gears. Have to hit reverse then it'll pop right into neutral. Again, probably a shift linkage adjustment on my end.
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Question on shifting tranny??   Question on shifting tranny?? EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 6:35 pm

This one has been discussed before on 660s. Seems odd that idle would have something to do with shifting, but it does. Turn your idle screw in clockwise while the Rhino is running at idle, (make sure its warmed up), until it dies. Then, back it out 1/8 turn start it back up and adjust to the lowest idle that allows it to run. That should allow you to shift in reverse and low without feathering the throttle. This method worked for me.
Back to top Go down
misterp
SSXSRider Member
misterp

Number of posts : 293
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Question on shifting tranny??   Question on shifting tranny?? EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 7:01 am

Adjusting the shifter linkage a few turns took care of this for me as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question on shifting tranny??   Question on shifting tranny?? Empty

Back to top Go down

Question on shifting tranny??
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SouthernSxSRiders :: The Machines :: Yamaha-
Jump to: