Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalFAQRegisterLog in

Got this from a pal that works for Carlisle Tire in Pa.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Woodtick
SSXSRider Member
Woodtick

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2008-11-15

Got this from a pal that works for Carlisle Tire in Pa. Empty
PostSubject: Got this from a pal that works for Carlisle Tire in Pa.   Got this from a pal that works for Carlisle Tire in Pa. EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 11:28 am

My wife and I work at the same place. Me for 39 years, her for 36 years. We went to work yesterday morning to a notice on the board. BIG employee meeting at 8 AM on Tuesday morning. No production on 3rd shift to allow everyone to attend the one and only meeting. At 8 AM the CEO announced that the original factory site for the last 92 years was closing. All productions will re-locate to a modern facility in Jackson, TN by Dec 2010. We are now located in Carlisle, PA and the company name is Carlisle Tire and Wheel Company. The name will remain the same, just the manufacturing plant will change. I wasn't planning on retirement for several years because my health is pretty good, but this sorta changes things. The wife isn't old enough yet so she will have to decide what she wants to do. She is in the payroll department and they have offered both of us the chance to move, but with aging parents and children in this area, that's not much of an option. OH WELL! We are still much better off than lots of others. My problems seem very minimal compared that the problems of others. Guess there will be no additional firearms purchases in my future. Thanks for listening. Think about us, but pray for those with real problems. Bill...................
Back to top Go down
DirtDawber
SSXSRider Member
DirtDawber

Number of posts : 4087
Registration date : 2009-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Got this from a pal that works for Carlisle Tire in Pa.   Got this from a pal that works for Carlisle Tire in Pa. EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 11:48 am

Shame they could not "modernize" what was already there.
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10317
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Got this from a pal that works for Carlisle Tire in Pa.   Got this from a pal that works for Carlisle Tire in Pa. EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 2:00 pm

Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Got this from a pal that works for Carlisle Tire in Pa.   Got this from a pal that works for Carlisle Tire in Pa. EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 9:51 pm

Dang Tick!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Got this from a pal that works for Carlisle Tire in Pa.   Got this from a pal that works for Carlisle Tire in Pa. Empty

Back to top Go down

Got this from a pal that works for Carlisle Tire in Pa.
Page 1 of 1