SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RV Parks

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
dirty tom

dirty tom

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-06-11

RV Parks Empty
PostSubject: RV Parks   RV Parks EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 10:01 am

Would apprciate any information on RV Parks for big rigs that allow ride in and ride out of park for Brimstone, Evarts, Hatfield McCoy--would like to plan a trip for next year --My Motorhome is 43 foot and trailer is 28 foot--would like to keep trailer hooked up as have no way to move it around.

We stayed at Winrock and they have soem 80 foot pull thrus---any more parks like that around some trails? Feedback

Really apprciate the help

DT
Back to top Go down
Wingman
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 557
Registration date : 2008-01-22

RV Parks Empty
PostSubject: Re: RV Parks   RV Parks EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 1:28 pm

Ashland ATV Resort (WV) can handle your setup ....... the road getting to the place is a differant story. Our setup is not quite as long as yours when we have the Rhino in tow (shorter open trailer). Luckily the road does not have a lot of traffic and what traffic is on it is looking for large trucks and/or trucks with trailers. It is only the last 10 miles.
Back to top Go down
dirty tom

dirty tom

RV Parks Empty
PostSubject: Re: RV Parks   RV Parks EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 4:20 pm

Thanks, we are presntly in Creede Colorado--tried riding the Bristol Peak and got hail size of marbels---lucklily we have a had top--thanks will add that to my agenda--so far I have Windrock, Brimstone and now WV

Thanks

DT
Back to top Go down
misterp
SSXSRider Member
misterp

Number of posts : 293
Registration date : 2008-01-25

RV Parks Empty
PostSubject: Re: RV Parks   RV Parks EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 2:45 am

there is a campground at the entrance to Brimstone. Not huge but think you could park there, give them a call. I have stayed at Ashland KOA, well not a KOA anymore, but still a very nice campground. Park and drive ATV everywhere from then on. I have seen some pretty large units there. two years ago there was a guy there with a Frightliner tractor/motorhome combo pulling a 5th wheel trailer. Don't know for sure the lenth but well over 30 feet, close to 40 feet. Had nine people with ATV's Motorcycles, and a SXS. My camping neighbor said he had over 250K in it. I didn't know those things were that expensive. Thats 3 of my house.. lol.. rich man's toys I guess. Have a great ride in WV ....
Back to top Go down
dirty tom

dirty tom

RV Parks Empty
PostSubject: Re: RV Parks   RV Parks EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 8:32 am

Thanks, hope to meet some of the members when I get that way, any members in the area of Creede feel free to drop by any time---Montain Views RV --site 250

DT
Back to top Go down
cajuncoot
SSXSRider Member
cajuncoot

Number of posts : 3773
Registration date : 2008-03-25

RV Parks Empty
PostSubject: Re: RV Parks   RV Parks EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 9:29 am

dont know much about the sites Dirty Tom but i see you are a louisiana sign in. Hot dog another coonass on here. I was born and raised around lafayette
Back to top Go down
dirty tom

dirty tom

RV Parks Empty
PostSubject: Re: RV Parks   RV Parks EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 10:09 am

Born and raised and parle de francais---when not on the road have a camp in DuLarge---not much riding in Louisiana for machines over 50" wide--my razor is 52 and the rhino is 54 ==I should be home around end of September--

It is pretty in Colorado--going to do the Engineers Pass today--we ride from Creede to Lake City then on the Silverton and back a good 10 hour day perfect10

Bon Chance

DT
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296
Registration date : 2008-01-22

RV Parks Empty
PostSubject: Re: RV Parks   RV Parks EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 6:58 pm

The road into brimestone and a bridge are very narrow at places and the curves very sharp. Might want to call the brimestone rec. office and ask them.
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
Sponsored content

RV Parks Empty
PostSubject: Re: RV Parks   RV Parks Empty

Back to top Go down

RV Parks
Page 1 of 1