SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TCP Performance Shroud Installation -- any advice

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
roamerr
SSXSRider Member
roamerr

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2008-02-04

TCP Performance Shroud Installation -- any advice Empty
PostSubject: TCP Performance Shroud Installation -- any advice   TCP Performance Shroud Installation -- any advice EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 9:04 pm

Installed my temp gauge today. Easy enough. I now have a TCP Performance shroud to install. Top two stock fan bolts are easy to remove but bottom two are a pain. Anyone installed this shroud and have reco's? Is it easier to remove the entire radiator??
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: TCP Performance Shroud Installation -- any advice   TCP Performance Shroud Installation -- any advice EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 9:08 pm

I installed from the drivers-side. I removed the rad. hose and top shock bolt. Pivot the shock towards the tire. You won't loose but about a pint of coolant, I didn't have to bleed afterwards. The bottom bolts are a pain. I did remove the brake-hose brackets, you'll see them, that helps.
Back to top Go down
RedNeckRanger
SSXSRider Member
RedNeckRanger

Number of posts : 946
Registration date : 2009-06-03

PostSubject: Re: TCP Performance Shroud Installation -- any advice   TCP Performance Shroud Installation -- any advice EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 7:01 am

ridepate wrote:
I installed from the drivers-side. I removed the rad. hose and top shock bolt. Pivot the shock towards the tire. You won't loose but about a pint of coolant, I didn't have to bleed afterwards. The bottom bolts are a pain. I did remove the brake-hose brackets, you'll see them, that helps.

i did the same.except i just bent the brake hose bracket back just a little to give it a little more clearance
Back to top Go down
roamerr
SSXSRider Member
roamerr

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2008-02-04

PostSubject: Re: TCP Performance Shroud Installation -- any advice   TCP Performance Shroud Installation -- any advice EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 10:59 am

Thanks for the asvice ridepate. That is basically what I did but from passenger side.

I also asked TCP and received the following response late last night:

It seems like it takes a little more time to do it this way,but it's easier than fighting those bottom bolts.Drain the cooling system and pull off the hoses,slightly lift the main frame on the passenger side(just enough for support),not the a arm.Remove the bolt in the upper end of the shock.Slide the radiator out install the fan shroud,then install the fan.

Anyway I basically did that. Had to install fan after radiator with shroud was installed in the Rhino. I removed the brake line bolt for more room. Thought it was holding me but it was the little vac hose on the back of the fan. Not sure what that hose does. Anyway -- it is installed. Took me maybe 2 to 3 hours with cleanup. I now have temp, volt, and oil pressure gauges along with the TCP shroud. Hopefully I can now know when something is going wrong. I still have my idiot light...
Back to top Go down
RZRS-EDGE
SUPER P
RZRS-EDGE

Number of posts : 1163
Registration date : 2009-06-04

PostSubject: Re: TCP Performance Shroud Installation -- any advice   TCP Performance Shroud Installation -- any advice EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 8:31 pm

roamerr wrote:
Installed my temp gauge today. Easy enough. I now have a TCP Performance shroud to install. Top two stock fan bolts are easy to remove but bottom two are a pain. Anyone installed this shroud and have reco's? Is it easier to remove the entire radiator??

I installed one of these on my rhino today. those bottom bolts are a PAIN IN THE Butt
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: TCP Performance Shroud Installation -- any advice   TCP Performance Shroud Installation -- any advice EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 9:46 pm

Jerry wrote:
roamerr wrote:

I installed one of these on my rhino today. those bottom bolts are a PAIN IN THE Butt

I just replaced my fan and it is a pain to get to those bottom bolts. Especially the drivers side. I used a stubby open end ratchet wrench. Not sure how I would have got it without it. Maybe a stubby screw driver. DontKnow Tools
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TCP Performance Shroud Installation -- any advice   TCP Performance Shroud Installation -- any advice Empty

Back to top Go down

TCP Performance Shroud Installation -- any advice
Page 1 of 1