SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tips for our new RZR owners

Go down 
+11
Big-R
Z06-08
Bobby D
ridepate
4x4pac
ChrisC
spinerep622
mking
Rhino Rob
AIRBORNE
GunRunner
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Tips for our new RZR owners Empty
PostSubject: Tips for our new RZR owners   Tips for our new RZR owners EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 3:07 pm

Ive had one for a year now and there are a few good tips ive learned that you guys might not know, i thought i would pass on.
]1 Never spray water directly above the motor when washing! The cvt exhaust port is there can easily get water in it which will drain down and cause the belt to be wet and not let you move till it dries out. Oh and there is no drain on the belt housing.
2] For best dust protection, order a outerware cover for your air filter. 12.00 from Outerware.
3] You need a parking brake! Never stop on a hill or incline and put in park, you may not be able to get it back in gear. you can get the good parking brake kit or use the metal pole one posted in this section, but you will need one!
4] Put a good marine grease around the airbox lid, it helps keep water and dirt out.
5] Find your front vent line for the diff and re-route it to the highest point it will go and drill a hole in the plastic firewall and run it inside, if you hit a lot of water this way it will keep it all out.
6] you will want to add a block off kit, there is a 4'' gap between the body and the firewall and if you hit water or mud it will be in your lap without one. A polaris kit is 49.00 that seals this area as well as each front fender well.
7] Be sure your hood fits and snaps in tight in front or you may be without it after a trip down the interstate.
8] You will have two annoying rattles, one is the grab handle, take a hammer and a piece of wood and smack it together a little with the handle out then it will be a snug fit.
The next one will be the stainless steel plate under the bed, remove bed and put high temp silicon on the frame rail where it sits to stop it.
9] If your speedometer starts flashing a wrench icon don't worry, its a resettable service reminder.
10] If you plan or dont on going thru water or mud its best to put dielectric grease on all the connectors down low and dont forget the ecu behind the seat.
11] When filling the tank, when the pump cuts off it is not full, it will hold another nearly 2 gallons by adding it a little at a time and rocking the roll bar.
If i think of anything else i will add it later allright
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Tips for our new RZR owners   Tips for our new RZR owners EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 3:43 pm

Good info Gunny!
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
Rhino Rob
SSXSRider Member
Rhino Rob

Number of posts : 2577
Registration date : 2009-01-25
Location : the home of the volunteers and port st joe tiger sharks

PostSubject: Re: Tips for our new RZR owners   Tips for our new RZR owners EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 6:31 pm

11 good reasons to stay with yamaha, more to come later. Tips for our new RZR owners 971386 Tips for our new RZR owners 630110 Tips for our new RZR owners 524184 Tips for our new RZR owners Lol

seriously, good tips gunny, thanks for sharing !
Back to top Go down
mking
SSXSRider Member
mking

Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2008-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Tips for our new RZR owners   Tips for our new RZR owners EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 7:05 pm

good tips
Back to top Go down
spinerep622
SSXSRider Member
spinerep622

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Tips for our new RZR owners   Tips for our new RZR owners EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 7:20 pm

Great post!! Ive done most of these, but there are a few that I havent! Thanks!!
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: Tips for our new RZR owners   Tips for our new RZR owners EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 8:49 pm

The one to pay the most attention too is the front dff vent tube, Bush demolished his front diff when the tube filled with mud and water going thru those deep holes in west va.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: Tips for our new RZR owners   Tips for our new RZR owners EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 8:51 pm

Gunny, is that the clear tube running up?
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

Number of posts : 5483
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Tips for our new RZR owners   Tips for our new RZR owners EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 9:28 pm

Airborne LT wrote:
Gunny, is that the clear tube running up?

it is , Run it throught the top of the Firewall....... Eat
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: Tips for our new RZR owners   Tips for our new RZR owners EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 9:36 pm

yes, in the front under the hood tray, just drill a hole in the firewall and run it inside out of the muck and mess.
Back to top Go down
4x4pac

4x4pac

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2009-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Tips for our new RZR owners   Tips for our new RZR owners EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 9:55 pm

The easiest way to fix ALL of these problems is just buy a Teryx and have nothing to worry about thatsright
Back to top Go down
http://www.4x4pac.com
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Tips for our new RZR owners   Tips for our new RZR owners EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 10:17 pm

4x4pac wrote:
The easiest way to fix ALL of these problems is just buy a Teryx and have nothing to worry about thatsright

But then, when we pass electric golf-carts, we'll think "Hell-Yeah" ..............
Back to top Go down
4x4pac

4x4pac

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2009-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Tips for our new RZR owners   Tips for our new RZR owners EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 1:02 am

ridepate wrote:
4x4pac wrote:

But then, when we pass electric golf-carts, we'll think "Hell-Yeah" ..............

Dont know anything about the passing electric golf carts. Dont see any of them where we ride.
Back to top Go down
http://www.4x4pac.com
Bobby D

Bobby D

Number of posts : 661
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Tips for our new RZR owners   Tips for our new RZR owners EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 10:52 am

Airborne LT wrote:
Good info Gunny!

Ditto
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: Tips for our new RZR owners   Tips for our new RZR owners EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 11:10 am

4x4pac wrote:

You are kidding right? roflmao All you got to do is look around you to see hardly anybody bought one, of almost 700 members only a few made that mistake thatsright lol!
Back to top Go down
Z06-08
SSXSRider Member
Z06-08

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2008-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Tips for our new RZR owners   Tips for our new RZR owners EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 11:37 am

Damn i hope you dont vote 06 660 ride and ride be happy no problem nopics beat Hey Yahoo HatWave i forgot Eat
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Tips for our new RZR owners   Tips for our new RZR owners EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 12:12 pm

That is a long list of things to do. All I had to do with the Rhino was fill it with gas and go have fun Tips for our new RZR owners 13435

Last edited by Big-R on Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Z06-08
SSXSRider Member
Z06-08

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2008-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Tips for our new RZR owners   Tips for our new RZR owners EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 1:15 pm

Buying a rzr or any utv like getting a new wife u dont know what u have till u ride it a while thank u ownedsm roflmao thatsright Hey Yahoo HatWave
Back to top Go down
roamerr
SSXSRider Member
roamerr

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2008-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Tips for our new RZR owners   Tips for our new RZR owners EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 7:54 pm

New Tip:

If you own a Rzr S don't even think of taking it to Utah to the Paiute Trail. It will not fit through the gates...

Tips for our new RZR owners 2008-09-21213659

Tips for our new RZR owners 1a4d7c35
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: Tips for our new RZR owners   Tips for our new RZR owners EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 8:00 pm

Yeah, the 50" restriction does not make sense to me. I guess it is to keep Jeeps and crawlers out????
Back to top Go down
roamerr
SSXSRider Member
roamerr

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2008-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Tips for our new RZR owners   Tips for our new RZR owners EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 8:16 pm

The 50" restriction on the Paiute is only on the difficult tight sections. Of the 300 mile loop we rode maybe 50 miles of restricted area. Really nice but scary. I'll admit I was very impressed of the Rzr -- it turned as sharp as my Outlander. One section of restricted is the section outside of Circleville and has 400+ feet drop-offs beside tight switchbacks. After that section I mentioned that my Rhino would never be able to do that. The 50" Rzr can be handy.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: Tips for our new RZR owners   Tips for our new RZR owners EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 8:44 pm

I'm sure the 50" RZR can do great things. I just prefer to have the extra width. It sure would not help to have an S in those trails though.
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318

PostSubject: Re: Tips for our new RZR owners   Tips for our new RZR owners EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 8:58 pm

Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Tips for our new RZR owners   Tips for our new RZR owners EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 11:38 pm

Yeah now I have to remove the rear hubs to get rid of the squeaks...............
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: Tips for our new RZR owners   Tips for our new RZR owners EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 10:27 am

ridepate wrote:
Yeah now I have to remove the rear hubs to get rid of the squeaks...............

yea i forgot that tip, pate put antiseze on them and its a one time job, only takes 10 min. no biggie.
Back to top Go down
roadiestar

roadiestar

Number of posts : 842
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Tips for our new RZR owners   Tips for our new RZR owners EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 8:07 pm

The biggest and best tip for a new RZR owner is to get the extended warrenty................... thatsright
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tips for our new RZR owners   Tips for our new RZR owners Empty

Back to top Go down

Tips for our new RZR owners
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next