SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Coal Creek (Windrock) Fall Event

Go down 
+12
mason
Foxfire
Mud-and-Guts
wvyankee2
Smith700
RedNeckRanger
4x4pac
Greatrigger
Z06-08
Big-R
ridepate
coalcreek
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
coalcreek

coalcreek

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2009-08-19

Coal Creek (Windrock) Fall Event Empty
PostSubject: Coal Creek (Windrock) Fall Event   Coal Creek (Windrock) Fall Event EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 11:30 am

The Coal Creek OHV Area's Fall Event is planned for Oct. 23-25. There will be lots of new activities such as entertainment, games / events for the kids, etc.

Stay tuned to for more details soon.
Back to top Go down
http://www.coalcreekohv.com
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek (Windrock) Fall Event   Coal Creek (Windrock) Fall Event EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 10:41 pm

Nice.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek (Windrock) Fall Event   Coal Creek (Windrock) Fall Event EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 12:04 am

Good times people.
Back to top Go down
Z06-08
SSXSRider Member
Z06-08

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2008-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek (Windrock) Fall Event   Coal Creek (Windrock) Fall Event EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 10:21 pm

lets ride Yahoo HatWave
Back to top Go down
coalcreek

coalcreek

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek (Windrock) Fall Event   Coal Creek (Windrock) Fall Event EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 7:02 pm

The Coal Creek OHV Area 2009 Fall Jamboree will be held October 22nd, 23rd & 24th. Event Schedule follows:

Thursday, October 22, 2009

3:00 pm - Event Registration & Vendor Set-up

3:00 pm - Guided Ride Registration

3:00 - 5:15 pm - Sunset Guided Ride Registration

5:30 pm - Sunset Guided Ride Departs

Friday, October 23, 2009

7:00 am - Event Registration

7:00 - 8:45 - Guided Ride Registration

8:00 am - Vendor Row Opens

9:00 am - Guided Rides Depart

2:00 pm - Pole Bending & Barrel Race Registration

3:00 - 5:00 pm - Pole Bending & Barrel Race

5:00 pm - Kids Scavenger Hunt Registration

5:30 - 6:30 pm - Kids Scavenger Hunt

Saturday, October 24, 2009

7:00 - 8:15 am - Poker Run Registration

8:30 am - Poker Run Begins

12:00 - 1:15 pm - Mud Bog & Drag Race Registration

12:30 pm - Poker Run Awards

1:30 - 3:30 pm - Drag Race

4:00 pm - 5:30 pm - Mud Bog

5:30 pm - 4th Annual Mud Bog "Dash for Cash"

5:30 - 7:00 pm - Dinner

7:00 pm - Drive-In Movie

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Cleanup/Tear down

For more info go to www.coalcreekohv.com
Back to top Go down
Greatrigger

Number of posts : 12

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek (Windrock) Fall Event   Coal Creek (Windrock) Fall Event EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 12:37 pm

New Registration Details have been posted on the Coal Creek site.

http://www.coalcreekohv.com/main/news_events/16
Back to top Go down
4x4pac

4x4pac

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2009-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek (Windrock) Fall Event   Coal Creek (Windrock) Fall Event EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 7:34 pm

My wife and I would love to come come down for this even BUT, way to expensive. By the time you add up all the registration fees for my wife and I, then add in the OHV permits for both of us, and we still haven't added the hotel and any extra eats. I think it is 100% crazy to charge for a passenger. Maybe one day all the ohv parks will get this though there head to charge per vehicle not per person!
Back to top Go down
http://www.4x4pac.com
RedNeckRanger
SSXSRider Member
RedNeckRanger

Number of posts : 946

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek (Windrock) Fall Event   Coal Creek (Windrock) Fall Event EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 8:31 pm

u should be able to come watch the events and ride for the cc permit cost ,about 17 a day.unless they changed something
Back to top Go down
RedNeckRanger
SSXSRider Member
RedNeckRanger

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek (Windrock) Fall Event   Coal Creek (Windrock) Fall Event EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 8:39 pm

Coal_Creek_OHV_ Area wrote:
The Coal Creek OHV Area 2009 Fall Jamboree will be held October 22nd, 23rd & 24th. Event Schedule follows:

Thursday, October 22, 2009

3:00 pm - Event Registration & Vendor Set-up

3:00 pm - Guided Ride Registration

3:00 - 5:15 pm - Sunset Guided Ride Registration

5:30 pm - Sunset Guided Ride Departs

Friday, October 23, 2009

7:00 - 8:45 - Guided Ride Registration

9:00 am - Guided Rides Depart

2:00 pm - Pole Bending & Barrel Race Registration

3:00 - 5:00 pm - Pole Bending & Barrel Race

5:00 pm - Kids Scavenger Hunt Registration

5:30 - 6:30 pm - Kids Scavenger Hunt

Saturday, October 24, 2009

7:00 - 8:15 am - Poker Run Registration

8:30 am - Poker Run Begins

12:00 - 1:15 pm - Mud Bog & Drag Race Registration

12:30 pm - Poker Run Awards

1:30 - 3:30 pm - Drag Race

4:00 pm - 5:30 pm - Mud Bog

5:30 pm - 4th Annual Mud Bog "Dash for Cash"

5:30 - 7:00 pm - Dinner

7:00 pm - Drive-In Movie

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Cleanup/Tear down

For more info go to www.coalcreekohv.com

just looked at the website...........

brent ,do u have to pay the 10 bucks to watch the events if ur not eating or watching the movie?and what if u just want to run in the mud bog ?is it 10 or do u have to pay the whole 40?
Back to top Go down
4x4pac

4x4pac

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek (Windrock) Fall Event   Coal Creek (Windrock) Fall Event EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 10:18 pm

This is a total joke! We are all into the sport of riding atv's and sxs'. We should all want to do anything we can to promote our sport. Coal Creek sure is not helping in any way to promote our sport. They are out for themselves, just like a lot of companies that make sxs products and part! All they want to do it make money! I think the best thing that could happen would be for everyone to stay away form coal creek for this event! Maybe then they will lower there prices and make it were you can afford to take the whole family for the weekend.

I will give an example of this..... How many people on here have seen light bars that go for 350.00 to 400.00. We custom build, completely wire, include light, and totally install our light bar for 200.00. AND WE ARE STILL MAKING MONEY!

These place need to lower there prices. END OF STORY!
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek (Windrock) Fall Event   Coal Creek (Windrock) Fall Event EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 10:35 pm

pac,

I have not checked the prices for all the events. However, I can
tell you that Windrock is one fine place to ride. Moreover, we are
fortunate to have places like this to ride even if they are making
money. If it were not for these privet companies there would not be
many ATV parks in the east. Then we would be just like the west.

But this is the place to voice your concerns. That is what Brent is here for.
https://southernsxsriders.forumakers.com/alabama-and-tennessee-sidexside-rides-and-trail-info-f20/coal-creek-ohv-area-input-t4720.htm

I do agree. I do not think there should be a charge for a passenger.

We do have one of our group rides there each year.
Back to top Go down
RedNeckRanger
SSXSRider Member
RedNeckRanger

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek (Windrock) Fall Event   Coal Creek (Windrock) Fall Event EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 10:43 pm

4x4pac wrote:
This is a total joke! We are all into the sport of riding atv's and sxs'. We should all want to do anything we can to promote our sport. Coal Creek sure is not helping in any way to promote our sport. They are out for themselves, just like a lot of companies that make sxs products and part! All they want to do it make money! I think the best thing that could happen would be for everyone to stay away form coal creek for this event! Maybe then they will lower there prices and make it were you can afford to take the whole family for the weekend.

I will give an example of this..... How many people on here have seen light bars that go for 350.00 to 400.00. We custom build, completely wire, include light, and totally install our light bar for 200.00. AND WE ARE STILL MAKING MONEY!

These place need to lower there prices. END OF STORY!

just asking questions.i know how its been in the past.but im not sure if cc has changed anything about the prices.

i like the way brimstone charges for there events.everybody that goes to the events there pays 5 bucks for a armband.that covers the whole event.just watching or participating for how ever many days the event takes place.plus the regular riding fee.
Back to top Go down
4x4pac

4x4pac

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek (Windrock) Fall Event   Coal Creek (Windrock) Fall Event EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 10:45 pm

Thanks Big R. I sent them an email about there prices. We would of had a small group heading down there, but not with each of us having to pay for a passenger. will wait and see if i get any response.
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek (Windrock) Fall Event   Coal Creek (Windrock) Fall Event EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 11:19 pm

If I bring my 4-year old, will I buy a permit for him??? Nope!!!! He can duck........... thatsright
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2713
Registration date : 2009-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek (Windrock) Fall Event   Coal Creek (Windrock) Fall Event EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 3:12 pm

yeah i do think they should charge per person,but that didnt keep us from buying 2 year passes
Back to top Go down
coalcreek

coalcreek

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek (Windrock) Fall Event   Coal Creek (Windrock) Fall Event EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 10:39 am

Starting in 2010, kid's permit prices will be half price.
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2713
Registration date : 2009-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek (Windrock) Fall Event   Coal Creek (Windrock) Fall Event EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 12:37 pm

what about charging per vechile not person
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek (Windrock) Fall Event   Coal Creek (Windrock) Fall Event EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 12:49 pm

coalcreek wrote:

cool up to what age??
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
SSXSRider Member
Mud-and-Guts

Number of posts : 1839
Registration date : 2008-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek (Windrock) Fall Event   Coal Creek (Windrock) Fall Event EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 1:21 pm

smith700 wrote:
what about charging per vechile not person

X2
Back to top Go down
http://www.mudandgutsoffroad.org/
coalcreek

coalcreek

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek (Windrock) Fall Event   Coal Creek (Windrock) Fall Event EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 10:57 pm

I have already tried for this, but it is going to stay per person. It is just like if you take multiple people snow skiing, go to a ball game, hunting (buying a license), go to Dinsey World or even to a movie......lots of times there are discounts for kids, but there is still a per person fee. The kids rate is 12 and under.

I believe that kids are the future of our sport. I grew up riding and it is always something I will love. I hope that more and more kids can get in to it.
Back to top Go down
4x4pac

4x4pac

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek (Windrock) Fall Event   Coal Creek (Windrock) Fall Event EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 12:21 am

Wont be riding at this place anytime soon. I will go to Red Bird in Indiana were it is a per vehicle charge. Charging per person is stupid.

Dumb Statement of the week, " I believe that kids are the future of our sport". I think kids are the future of anything aren't they?
Back to top Go down
RedNeckRanger
SSXSRider Member
RedNeckRanger

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek (Windrock) Fall Event   Coal Creek (Windrock) Fall Event EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 7:12 am

coalcreek wrote:

good deal..............
Back to top Go down
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

Number of posts : 6060
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek (Windrock) Fall Event   Coal Creek (Windrock) Fall Event EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 9:40 am

coalcreek wrote:
I have already tried for this, but it is going to stay per person. It is just like if you take multiple people snow skiing, go to a ball game, hunting (buying a license), go to Dinsey World or even to a movie......lots of times there are discounts for kids, but there is still a per person fee. The kids rate is 12 and under.

I believe that kids are the future of our sport. I grew up riding and it is always something I will love. I hope that more and more kids can get in to it.

Not ever an "Apple for an Apple" comparison....
(1)...2 people do not ride on one pair of skies
(2)...2 people do not sit in the same seat
(3)...2 people are not using the same weapon at the same time

The 2nd person in a SxS, or what ever, is doing NOTHING but sitting there Exclamation Exclamation

I'll never bring a guest .....Glad to pay for my machine, but not for another person.
Back to top Go down
mason
SSXSRider Member
mason

Number of posts : 2247
Registration date : 2009-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek (Windrock) Fall Event   Coal Creek (Windrock) Fall Event EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 9:50 am

Ditto 2cents
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek (Windrock) Fall Event   Coal Creek (Windrock) Fall Event EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 12:50 pm

coalcreek wrote:

4x4pac wrote:
Wont be riding at this place anytime soon. I will go to Red Bird in Indiana were it is a per vehicle charge. Charging per person is stupid.

Dumb Statement of the week, " I believe that kids are the future of our sport". I think kids are the future of anything aren't they?

Foxfire wrote:

Not ever an "Apple for an Apple" comparison....
(1)...2 people do not ride on one pair of skies
(2)...2 people do not sit in the same seat
(3)...2 people are not using the same weapon at the same time

The 2nd person in a SxS, or what ever, is doing NOTHING but sitting there Exclamation Exclamation

I'll never bring a guest .....Glad to pay for my machine, but not for another person.

mason wrote:
Ditto 2cents

As a SidexSide owner I agree with the discontent over the passenger fee. The hard reality is that Coal Creek has made a business decision that they receive a substantial amout of money from these passengers on a yearly basis, and dont want to give it up. They have people who ride there not only in SidexSides, but also in Jeeps, Hummers, etc. that they receive fees from. They also know what their competition is charging, and feel they are in line with them on what their customers recieve for their Dollar spent.

With that being said, the consumer has the right to evaluate what they are receiving for their money they are spending. If they feel they are getting a better value elsewhere, their business will not stay.

I can assure our members that the staff here will do all it can to secure the best value for our members hard earned recreational dollar, and will direct our ride planning to the business that works with us in doing so.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek (Windrock) Fall Event   Coal Creek (Windrock) Fall Event Empty

Back to top Go down

Coal Creek (Windrock) Fall Event
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next