SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Coal Creek OHV Area input

Go down 
+15
flcj7
Rhino Rob
Big-R
wvyankee2
Bigg Bubba
spinerep622
ridepate
AIRBORNE
rooster
ChrisC
RedNeckRanger
highlander
GunRunner
Stakk
coalcreek
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
coalcreek

coalcreek

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2009-08-19

Coal Creek OHV Area input Empty
PostSubject: Coal Creek OHV Area input   Coal Creek OHV Area input EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 11:42 am

I have recently taken over the management of the Coal Creek OHV Area. By trade, I am a forester, but more importantly I am an avid OHV user. I grew up riding dirt bikes and 4-wheeing in Jeeps. I then later starting riding ATVs for fun and then using them for work. I have yet to own a UTV, but it is next.

I know many of you have ridden at the Coal Creek OHV Area (also known as Windrock). I am looking for ways to improve the area and its events. Over the next year, I plan to design, layout, and construct some new trails, obstacle areas, etc.

I would love some feedback from you guys on ways you think the area can be improved and what you'd like to see.

One thing I would like to do next year, is to have a UTV or Side X Side only event. Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
http://www.coalcreekohv.com
Stakk

Stakk

Number of posts : 482
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek OHV Area input   Coal Creek OHV Area input EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 4:08 pm

This is fact, not opinion, tell your Boss's (Coal Creek) to stop biting the hand that feeds them, meaning the Windrock ATV Club, Coal Creek is what it is because of that Club period, nothing the owners have done, the Club built the OHV Park's attendance and reputation.......CCV acting as if they don't need them now, will travel quickly throughout the east coast ATV community and CCV will realize soon thet they screwed up big time, by their recent actions and attitude. Nothing personal, but you, or CCV or a whole team of people couldn't put on events, build trails, or do PR half as good as the Club has.......So, this is the best place place to start, try telling the Club that CCV is sorry for their recent "don't give a crap" attitude and get them back on board, if not........ 2 years tops and Coal Creek OHV area will cease to exist........
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek OHV Area input   Coal Creek OHV Area input EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 4:35 pm

I too read about the WATVC and the postings of their side of the whole schorship/jam story, I do belive in honoring a commetment that was made but I myself not knowing the full true story will leave that to the more informed to debate. Ive been a member of the WATVC for years but am not now for my own reasons. I personally like what the CC trail keepers have done to keep the trails fun and well marked. I do have one suggestion that I know keeps some of our members from going there over other areas and its the requirement EVERY person pay a ride fee even if they are a small child riding in the passenger seat of the parents ruv. We had big group ride there back in may and that was a big objection for some attending.
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
highlander
SSXSRider Member
highlander

Number of posts : 553
Registration date : 2008-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek OHV Area input   Coal Creek OHV Area input EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 6:17 pm

I personally do not like the fact that alot of the trails have been turned into main roads for the gas wells. Make more trails that don't require you to cross or ride a gravel road.
Back to top Go down
RedNeckRanger
SSXSRider Member
RedNeckRanger

Number of posts : 946
Registration date : 2009-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek OHV Area input   Coal Creek OHV Area input EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 6:37 pm

Stakk wrote:
This is fact, not opinion, tell your Boss's (Coal Creek) to stop biting the hand that feeds them, meaning the Windrock ATV Club, Coal Creek is what it is because of that Club period, nothing the owners have done, the Club built the OHV Park's attendance and reputation.......CCV acting as if they don't need them now, will travel quickly throughout the east coast ATV community and CCV will realize soon thet they screwed up big time, by their recent actions and attitude. Nothing personal, but you, or CCV or a whole team of people couldn't put on events, build trails, or do PR half as good as the Club has.......So, this is the best place place to start, try telling the Club that CCV is sorry for their recent "don't give a crap" attitude and get them back on board, if not........ 2 years tops and Coal Creek OHV area will cease to exist........

they will figure it out!!!!!!!!
i wonder what it will end up costing CC to put on the events ,as far as paying all the people to work.$$$$$$$$$ i bet it will be more than the cost of those schalorships which they could of wrote off.
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

Number of posts : 5483
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek OHV Area input   Coal Creek OHV Area input EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 6:39 pm

highlander wrote:
I personally do not like the fact that alot of the trails have been turned into main roads for the gas wells. Make more trails that don't require you to cross or ride a gravel road.

I agree , i hate gravel rodes.... Eat
Back to top Go down
rooster

rooster

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2009-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek OHV Area input   Coal Creek OHV Area input EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 8:06 pm

I wonder why he didn't post this over at the Windrock Board?
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek OHV Area input   Coal Creek OHV Area input EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 8:37 pm

Based on our last group ride and the ridiculous money for a two-day pass for my wife and myself, I will not be back there. Brimstone gave me and my wife annual passes for just ten dollars more than what it cost me to ride there (Windrock) for a weekend. The trails are MUCH better at Brimstone. Personal opinions vary of course, but I would also throw in the fact that before you ever get unloaded at the trailhead you guys have "police" looking you up and down like you are a convicted felon casing a bank job. Campsites and a shower house like the one at Brimstone would help too. Best of luck.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek OHV Area input   Coal Creek OHV Area input EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 9:06 pm

I love the place, gravel-roads and all. I personally think getting rid of the WATVC connection was a good idea. Especially after the Trail-Patrol debacle......I'm sure it was a business/liability-decision, plain and simple. And I'm positive it's not going anywhere, anytime soon. I'll be back, even if it's 100.00 dollars a day. On the less than positive side-Improve the maps and trail markings.........
Back to top Go down
RedNeckRanger
SSXSRider Member
RedNeckRanger

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek OHV Area input   Coal Creek OHV Area input EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 9:10 pm

ridepate wrote:
I love the place, gravel-roads and all. I personally think getting rid of the WATVC connection was a good idea. Especially after the Trail-Patrol debacle......I'm sure it was a business/liability-decision, plain and simple. And I'm positive it's not going anywhere, anytime soon. I'll be back, even if it's 100.00 dollars a day. On the less than positive side-Improve the maps and trail markings.........

roflmao roflmao coco Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer roflmao
Back to top Go down
RedNeckRanger
SSXSRider Member
RedNeckRanger

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek OHV Area input   Coal Creek OHV Area input EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 9:24 pm

on a lighter note

fix the first entrance to the camper side of the campground.raise up the gravel hill so us campers dont tear our rigs up dragging in and out.or knock our bed sides off with our 5 th wheels.

put some security on the mtn instead of them both in the parking lot all the time.everybody knows the r never on the trails anymore so they become drunken idiots riding.

trail maintance ( i guess all those employees quit)

trail signage that will stay there

alot of people complain of the riding fees!!!!!!!!!!

pool at the camp ground might help

good luck with the jam,the club had alot of members that worked hard from dust till midnight many days before and after the jam!u have alot !!!!!!!!!!!of work ahead of u.

ps..........ban ridepate from the mtn(he is a trouble maker)

roflmao thatsright Eat
Back to top Go down
RedNeckRanger
SSXSRider Member
RedNeckRanger

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek OHV Area input   Coal Creek OHV Area input EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 10:37 pm

well the CC guy was on the forum a few minutes and didnt reply!!!!!!dang pate u made him mad!!!!!!!! Eat
Back to top Go down
spinerep622
SSXSRider Member
spinerep622

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek OHV Area input   Coal Creek OHV Area input EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 10:42 pm

We are planning a ride there the first weekend of November. We havent been there in 2 years, should we make plans to someplace else? How much are the riding fees now? We are planning on a Thurs, Fri, Sat trip, we have really had a good time up there n the past, hope that will be true this time around!
Back to top Go down
RedNeckRanger
SSXSRider Member
RedNeckRanger

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek OHV Area input   Coal Creek OHV Area input EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 10:48 pm

they have gone up a few dollars a day.i think it like 17 a day now.i always buy yearly passes so ............ let us know when your going.......we might be there.
Back to top Go down
Bigg Bubba

Bigg Bubba

Number of posts : 343

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek OHV Area input   Coal Creek OHV Area input EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 11:10 pm

i like the trails... gravel roads and all also... but i think some signage
or trail markers placed better and some kind of trail sign at EACH
INTERSECTION.... AND some of the trails need some repair work...
granted, WE, ATV/UTV riders like a little rough stuff... but some
riders bring their families up and need a few more smoother trails.
AND.. a bathhouse or two would be nice and maybe a wash bay or
some showers would be nice..... AND maybe a bigger better
restaurant or cafeteria, or snack bar...... or maybe a parts/tire store...
with parts and supplies and "trail mix and jerky" lol,.....
My group of guys really like it up there, we cant wait to plan our next trip
usually before we get home....

goodluck with the area... and THANKS.
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek OHV Area input   Coal Creek OHV Area input EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 11:13 pm

I like Windrock alot. Has a great variety of riding opportunitys. Has a little something for everyone. Trails could be marked better. Might help to strategically place some trash containers in certain areas of the mountain. Would also like to see a fee per vehicle instead of person.

Keep it short but sweet. What is the rift between the club and owners? Eat
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek OHV Area input   Coal Creek OHV Area input EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 11:14 pm

Yeah I forgot to mention-----------THANKS
Back to top Go down
spinerep622
SSXSRider Member
spinerep622

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek OHV Area input   Coal Creek OHV Area input EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 11:37 pm

RedNeckRhino wrote:
they have gone up a few dollars a day.i think it like 17 a day now.i always buy yearly passes so ............ let us know when your going.......we might be there.

The plan as of right now is, we are leaving Nov 5 (Thurs Am) and staying at Windrock Park in a cabin until Sun Am. I will be on a black RZR and i have a black Chevy 2500HD Duramax, look us up!!
Back to top Go down
spinerep622
SSXSRider Member
spinerep622

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek OHV Area input   Coal Creek OHV Area input EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 11:42 pm

Also, it would be great to ride with another SXS, this will be my first time on Windrock with the RZR, I always my Foremsn 450 up there.
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek OHV Area input   Coal Creek OHV Area input EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 11:48 pm

So far the general concensus is-----
Better signage.
One fee per vehicle, reguardless of number of riders.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek OHV Area input   Coal Creek OHV Area input EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 12:04 am

I like Windrock. It is a great place to ride. However, there are always room to improve. Lets try and be helpful here guys. We all like to have fun places to ride.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek OHV Area input   Coal Creek OHV Area input EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 7:08 am

Big-R wrote:
I like Windrock. It is a great place to ride. However, there are always room to improve. Lets try and be helpful here guys. We all like to have fun places to ride.

Well, I agree with you R. Windrock is a good place to ride. So, if they want input to improve on it you have to let them know your gripes/complaints as well as the good things.

Camping used to be free if you were willing to sleep at the trailhead. Several of my buddies with ATVs quit going as soon as they stopped that. Some people don't like to trailer back and forth for multiple-day rides. Maybe a campsite down there close to the permit shed with a showerhouse would be nice.

I agree with Yank. Some garbage points/ picnic areas on the mountain would be nice (not sure if it would attrach bears/coons) so people could stop and enjoy a meal.

Fees- 17 dollars should at least get you a weekend pass, IMO. If you are riding one machine with two riders, you should not have to fork over 68 bucks for two afternoons of riding, IMO.

Like I said, it is a good place to ride but I don't see me making a point to go back this year. I hope you guys get it worked out to suit everyone. allright
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek OHV Area input   Coal Creek OHV Area input EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 7:10 am

Oh, I almost forgot...........

Keep that tool Jerrzr up on the mountain maintaining those "secret doors"......... ownedsm
Back to top Go down
Rhino Rob
SSXSRider Member
Rhino Rob

Number of posts : 2577
Registration date : 2009-01-25
Location : the home of the volunteers and port st joe tiger sharks

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek OHV Area input   Coal Creek OHV Area input EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 7:46 am

laffing at Lt !
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek OHV Area input   Coal Creek OHV Area input EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 8:04 am

Rhino Rob wrote:
laffing at Lt !

Yeah, sorry.......had to say that. The more he is on the mountain the less he can go on all the other forums bad-mouthing us...... thatsright
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek OHV Area input   Coal Creek OHV Area input Empty

Back to top Go down

Coal Creek OHV Area input
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next