SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tires and Wheels

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Tires and Wheels Empty
PostSubject: Tires and Wheels   Tires and Wheels EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 5:19 pm

Hey whats up everyone? Finally thinking about the first mod; I guess I should be thinking about. Its what I have done to all my other bikes first. The below link takes you to a kit of 25" Maxxis Bighorns mounted on Motorsport Alloy Nuke Machined & Black.

I think I am going to pay more attention to offset than I normally do and can anyone decipher exactly what the offset is on this wheel and do you think its worth it. I will also be using a discount code through the Bamaboggers so I'll be getting a great deal here. Let me know what you think.

Maxxis Bighorn Kit Tire Sizes
# 25 Inch Kit = 25-8R12 Front : 25-10R12 Rear
# 26 Inch Kit = 26-9R12 Front : 26-12R12 Rear

http://www.4atvtires.com/atvTires/showProduct.php?id=8348&cat_id=754

Does anyone think If I continue to buy from ATVDirect I will have any problems. Will these provide a decent offset on the Rhino.
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Tires and Wheels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tires and Wheels   Tires and Wheels EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 5:35 pm

you got good wheels, just buy the bighorns, get 25s and it will still run fast.
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
Anonymous

Tires and Wheels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tires and Wheels   Tires and Wheels EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 5:40 pm

The 25" Bighorns I am positive on. Kind of want the Motosport Alloy wheels which is what I had on my past bikes I traded. Think they would look awesome on this BLACK Rhino.

Although I do like these stock chrome yamaha wheels. Considering its one of the first wheels with lugnuts an Auto Wrench will tighten. More than likely I will just get the Kit though, actually cheaper.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Tires and Wheels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tires and Wheels   Tires and Wheels EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 5:42 pm

Also If I keep running stock wheels I guess I need to put 2" spacers on the back and 1" spacers on the front.
Back to top Go down
pnjoiler

pnjoiler

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2008-01-23

Tires and Wheels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tires and Wheels   Tires and Wheels EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 5:43 pm

Most places that sell a kit for a Rhino are selling all wheels 5+2 offset. If you ask for them to be reverse offset they either don't know what you are talking about or will tell you they will not fit. If you look on ITP's fitment guide they don't have the 2+5 listed for the Rhino but it is listed for the Grizzly. I run the 5+2 on my front and the 2+5 on the back and really like my setup. JMO.
Back to top Go down
rcmass

rcmass

Number of posts : 999
Registration date : 2008-02-01

Tires and Wheels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tires and Wheels   Tires and Wheels EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 6:00 pm

rick - i run 2" rear spacers and 1" front spacers on stocks and itp steelies...until I get beadlocks and will get those offset...

I too need deciphered on the 2+5 5+2 blah blah to try to an equal my current set up.
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

Number of posts : 2745

Tires and Wheels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tires and Wheels   Tires and Wheels EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 6:10 pm

5+2 for front 2+5 for rear will look like spacers all the way around

ive got 5+2 all the way around and need rear spacers(bought mine used or this wouldnt be)

...first number is the inside measurement and second is outside if i remember correctly
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Tires and Wheels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tires and Wheels   Tires and Wheels EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 6:16 pm

pnjoiler wrote:
Most places that sell a kit for a Rhino are selling all wheels 5+2 offset. If you ask for them to be reverse offset they either don't know what you are talking about or will tell you they will not fit. If you look on ITP's fitment guide they don't have the 2+5 listed for the Rhino but it is listed for the Grizzly. I run the 5+2 on my front and the 2+5 on the back and really like my setup. JMO.

pnj's right on the money. 5+2' on the front, 2+5's on the rear make for almost even front- to rear stance. way more stability and not that much bump-steer.
I would definitly stay with 25's too.
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

Tires and Wheels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tires and Wheels   Tires and Wheels EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 6:19 pm

go with 29s :D
Back to top Go down
rcmass

rcmass

Number of posts : 999
Registration date : 2008-02-01

Tires and Wheels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tires and Wheels   Tires and Wheels EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 9:40 pm

thanks ridepate....clears it up

shawnley - 29's may be a tad big for what I want Wink (just a tad though Rolling Eyes )
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

Tires and Wheels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tires and Wheels   Tires and Wheels EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 11:03 pm

nah go big or go home Wink
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Tires and Wheels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tires and Wheels   Tires and Wheels EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 11:19 pm

shawnley1222 wrote:
nah go big or go home Wink

Sorry Shawn, if you pull up to the drag-strip.....You will go home.........wthout the trophy. But on the other-hand, if it's deep and muddy, I'll watch.
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

Tires and Wheels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tires and Wheels   Tires and Wheels EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 9:13 am

well even w/ my 29s i beat my friends wih 25s and other sizes usually :D
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Tires and Wheels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tires and Wheels   Tires and Wheels EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 10:49 pm

2+5's all the way around. and love it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tires and Wheels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tires and Wheels   Tires and Wheels Empty

Back to top Go down

Tires and Wheels
Page 1 of 1