SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Preventive maintenance on the 700

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

Preventive maintenance on the 700 Empty
PostSubject: Preventive maintenance on the 700   Preventive maintenance on the 700 EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 8:25 am

Okay guys. I wanted to get some info. Has anyone had any issues with fuel filters on the 700? We have two good rides lined up and before I head to Evarts and Bell County I want to cover all of my bases. I have just over 1000 miles now on the Rhino. Should I be worried about a clogged fuel filter on the trail? I would hate for something so small to end a ride that far away from home. I have seen several 660s need to change them out in the woods, but never a 700. Anything else I should be looking hard at? I just put new brakes on not too long ago, still running the original wheel bearings, stocked up on tire plugs............what else (besides a lot of beer) could I need on the trail? The ride in Evarts is planned to go over 120 miles in one day so I want to be prepared.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

Number of posts : 5483
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Preventive maintenance on the 700   Preventive maintenance on the 700 EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 2:37 pm

LT , i dont think a 700 has a fuel filter.
just a sock in the tank..... Eat
Back to top Go down
Neuromax
SSXSRider Member
Neuromax

Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2008-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Preventive maintenance on the 700   Preventive maintenance on the 700 EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 2:59 pm

Chris, I don't know about the 700's but I would go ahead and change it. I carry a spare on the trail because like you I dont want a $3 part keeping me from riding or making me be pulled out of the woods.
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Preventive maintenance on the 700   Preventive maintenance on the 700 EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 3:49 pm

Check your Diff-Fluids for any contamanation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Preventive maintenance on the 700   Preventive maintenance on the 700 Empty

Back to top Go down

Preventive maintenance on the 700
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SouthernSxSRiders :: The Machines :: Yamaha-
Jump to: