SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What would be the perfect width, length for a side X side

Go down 
+4
Big-R
GunRunner
ChrisC
Badride
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mud-and-Guts
SSXSRider Member
Mud-and-Guts

Number of posts : 1839
Registration date : 2008-09-22

What would be the perfect width, length for a side X side - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What would be the perfect width, length for a side X side   What would be the perfect width, length for a side X side - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 3:05 pm

Big-R wrote:
mud-and-guts wrote:
Big-R wrote:
I ripped up my folding windshield also. I have the same Hunterworks windshield too. I put the full shield on when it is cold and take it off when it is hot. This works best for me.

I think this winter I will get a full windshield myself. Since the Seizmik doors I am running have upper half's it should hold a little heat.

I have a full windshield and a back enclose-meant and that alone keeps heat inside the cab.

Sounds like a winner, last year I froze with no windshield at all.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mudandgutsoffroad.org/
Badride
SSXSRider Member
Badride

Number of posts : 182
Registration date : 2009-09-10

PostSubject: Re: What would be the perfect width, length for a side X side   What would be the perfect width, length for a side X side - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 6:46 am

This might be a little off subject but since you brought it up......LOL
If you ride in the winter like I do, you really should look at buying some Gerbings heated clothing. Sometimes you can get a really good deal on used items on ebay. I bought pant liners, jacket liner and socks. I rode Windrock last year when it was 15 degrees and it was my first ride using them. I didn't belive they would work as well as I had been told. I turned them up to high. I had to turn them down to about half way because they got so hot I couldn't stand it. I also bought the heated gloves but I don't use them much as I already had heated grips. I am thinking about putting in a couple of grab bars in the side by side I am building and putting heated grips on them for my co-pilot.
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

Number of posts : 5483
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: What would be the perfect width, length for a side X side   What would be the perfect width, length for a side X side - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 7:07 am

Well , since you mention it.
in January , we was at Brimstone.
and friday morning it was -5 degrees.
i think 12 degrees was the high all day
I had 2 pair of sweat pants on. 2 pair
thermal socks , 2 sweat jackets on
a winter coat. and my insulated bibs on.
with full face mask and toboggan. with
my $70 dollar ski gloves on , and i was
not cold at all.
Course a full windshield is a must. Wink

Ask anyone that was there how cold it was.
i had no ice in my cooler , and i still had to wrap
my drinks in a towel to keep them from freezing... lol!
and hell thay still froze. I like the riding.

The ice storm froze everything Saturday night.
Ask Ronnie how much fun it was driving back to the hotel
from the steak house on solid ice..... affraid
That was a little nerve racking.... Yahoo

But i would do it again, if anyone will Sack up.... allright

Chris.... cheers
Back to top Go down
Badride
SSXSRider Member
Badride

Number of posts : 182
Registration date : 2009-09-10

PostSubject: Re: What would be the perfect width, length for a side X side   What would be the perfect width, length for a side X side - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 11:59 am

Well, I got to drive a Razor S this past weekend. It measures 60" and I had my doubts as to if the guy could make it through some of the trails we run but it did. I only got to play around on the gravel road with it but the low end power really supprised me! If I didn't have most all the parts laying around to build a side by side I think I would buy a Razor S. (I never thought I would say that) The guy did pinch a hole in the right front tire it a tight place but so did a Rhino. Also, one of the other Rhinos knocked his top off in another place. He carried it back strapped in the bed......... The Razor didn't have a problem there as it is shorter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What would be the perfect width, length for a side X side   What would be the perfect width, length for a side X side - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What would be the perfect width, length for a side X side
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2