SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Few Shots Of Our Trip So Far.

Go down 
+5
wvyankee2
DirtDawber
CaptMorgansgirl
Mud-and-Guts
Woodtick
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Woodtick
SSXSRider Member
Woodtick

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2008-11-15

A Few Shots Of Our Trip So Far. Empty
PostSubject: A Few Shots Of Our Trip So Far.   A Few Shots Of Our Trip So Far. EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 12:30 pm

As many of you know, the wife and I came out to Colorado to visit our youngest daughter and her husband. They took us on a camping trip to Estes Park Colo. for four days over the holiday weekend. First crack out of the box, we got caught in a "Colorado Traffic Jam"! This old bull thought he ought to cross the street right then and there!

A Few Shots Of Our Trip So Far. P1010217

The Bulls are in rut and chasing cows and bugling their behinds off. These two were fighting for breeding rights to a harem of about 10 or 12 cows!

A Few Shots Of Our Trip So Far. P1010229

A Few Shots Of Our Trip So Far. P1010230

Kind of getting these pics a little out of order, but it's still early out here and am only on my third cup of coffee! This is a closer shot of the old boy that caused the "Traffic Jam". Damn I wanted to shoot him right from out the car window! A Few Shots Of Our Trip So Far. 13435 A Few Shots Of Our Trip So Far. 13435

A Few Shots Of Our Trip So Far. P1010216

This guy was in Rocky Mountain Nat. Park with a group of cows and I caught him right in mid bugle! He was having a heck of time keeping two younger bulls away from all his girl friends!

A Few Shots Of Our Trip So Far. P1010265

While the elk are in full rut, the mule deer haven't started to rub the velvet from their horns yet?? I thought they would have been further along than that.

A Few Shots Of Our Trip So Far. P1010066

This is a pair of giant rocks right up on the mountain side above Estes Park that the locals call the "Twin Owls". I thought they were pretty cool.

A Few Shots Of Our Trip So Far. P1010146

This is our daugter and son in law, Susan and Eric in Rocky Mtn. Nat Park.

A Few Shots Of Our Trip So Far. P1010153

I sure hope you can tell that we are having a lot of fun. But it will be good to get home too. We're gonna start back sometime this coming week.

A Few Shots Of Our Trip So Far. P1010151

Ya'll take care and we'll catch up with you later.
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
SSXSRider Member
Mud-and-Guts

Number of posts : 1839
Registration date : 2008-09-22

PostSubject: Re: A Few Shots Of Our Trip So Far.   A Few Shots Of Our Trip So Far. EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 1:48 pm

Looks like you are having a ball bro, Glad to hear it. I wish you and yours a safe trip home. thatsright
Back to top Go down
http://www.mudandgutsoffroad.org/
CaptMorgansgirl
SSXSRider Member
CaptMorgansgirl

Number of posts : 1573
Registration date : 2008-07-30

PostSubject: Re: A Few Shots Of Our Trip So Far.   A Few Shots Of Our Trip So Far. EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 2:18 pm

Nice Pics!
Back to top Go down
DirtDawber
SSXSRider Member
DirtDawber

Number of posts : 4089
Registration date : 2009-02-24

PostSubject: Re: A Few Shots Of Our Trip So Far.   A Few Shots Of Our Trip So Far. EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 2:40 pm

Great pics !! humper
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: A Few Shots Of Our Trip So Far.   A Few Shots Of Our Trip So Far. EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 3:06 pm

Love the pics Phil. perfect10
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: A Few Shots Of Our Trip So Far.   A Few Shots Of Our Trip So Far. EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 3:13 pm

Great pics Phil. All the best to your daughter and son-in-law. I know they have been through alot. Be safe in your journey home my friend.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: A Few Shots Of Our Trip So Far.   A Few Shots Of Our Trip So Far. EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 3:14 pm

BTW.......I am with ya! I would have liked to shoot that bull from the car window too. What a whopper.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
DUKESTER314
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: A Few Shots Of Our Trip So Far.   A Few Shots Of Our Trip So Far. EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 10:04 pm

nice Pics
Back to top Go down
Rhino Rob
SSXSRider Member
Rhino Rob

Number of posts : 2577
Registration date : 2009-01-25
Location : the home of the volunteers and port st joe tiger sharks

PostSubject: Re: A Few Shots Of Our Trip So Far.   A Few Shots Of Our Trip So Far. EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 5:56 am

great shots, bow season opens in TN in a couple of weeks. too bad it wont be for elk. got some of those big elk right up on the mountain above the cabin.

I beleive that the "deer" is a black tail deer
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: A Few Shots Of Our Trip So Far.   A Few Shots Of Our Trip So Far. EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 11:20 am

Wow Tick, looks like you are having a great trip. Really nice pics. Get home safe!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Few Shots Of Our Trip So Far.   A Few Shots Of Our Trip So Far. Empty

Back to top Go down

A Few Shots Of Our Trip So Far.
Page 1 of 1