SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Progressive Shocks

Go down 
+10
GunRunner
Boogerdigger
Big-R
AIRBORNE
ridepate
moto92
cajuncoot
Showtime
KySuperduty
concours_greg
14 posters
AuthorMessage
concours_greg
SSXSRider Member
concours_greg

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2008-09-24

Progressive Shocks Empty
PostSubject: Progressive Shocks   Progressive Shocks EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 7:42 pm

Anybody run the Progressive shocks?

Any feedback on them?

Did you go with the standard or HD model?

How do they ride, etc...

I am thinking of going with them and don't need or want to spend the money on the high dollar shocks.

Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
http://www.teamconcours.com
KySuperduty

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-01-29

Progressive Shocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Progressive Shocks   Progressive Shocks EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 8:30 pm

I run the Progressive HD shocks, and they do well. Trail riding , they are a bit stiffer than stock, but high speeds and heavy loads they do outperform stockers.
If you are on a budget, I do have a new set of Progressive 425 standard rears I will let go for $225 free shipping.
Back to top Go down
Showtime

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2009-02-10

Progressive Shocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Progressive Shocks   Progressive Shocks EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 9:24 pm

Not sure what you are riding but I have a RZR and was asking the same question. Have just found out from a very good source after asking the question on RZR forum that the progressive is not much if any different than the stock shock. iT IS NOT ADJUSTIBLE OR REBUILDIBLE. The ticket seems to be springs from MAKIN TRAX SUSPENSION. if your stock shocks are not broke, they (Steve) says use your stock shocks and his springs (we are talking RZR here) and the difference will be hugh. They sell a shock that is a bit more, but Steve says to try the stock ones with his springs first because you may be happy with that set up. I ordered a set of springs on sunday, so I will know soon!However, from everything I have found the RINO GUYS do say the progressive 425 is a step up on their machine.
Back to top Go down
KySuperduty

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-01-29

Progressive Shocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Progressive Shocks   Progressive Shocks EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 4:10 pm

The Progressive shocks I run on my Rhino are adjustable and they can be re-built at a very reasonable price.
Back to top Go down
concours_greg
SSXSRider Member
concours_greg

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2008-09-24

Progressive Shocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Progressive Shocks   Progressive Shocks EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 4:32 pm

Showtime wrote:
Not sure what you are riding but I have a RZR and was asking the same question. Have just found out from a very good source after asking the question on RZR forum that the progressive is not much if any different than the stock shock. iT IS NOT ADJUSTIBLE OR REBUILDIBLE. The ticket seems to be springs from MAKIN TRAX SUSPENSION. if your stock shocks are not broke, they (Steve) says use your stock shocks and his springs (we are talking RZR here) and the difference will be hugh. They sell a shock that is a bit more, but Steve says to try the stock ones with his springs first because you may be happy with that set up. I ordered a set of springs on sunday, so I will know soon!However, from everything I have found the RINO GUYS do say the progressive 425 is a step up on their machine.

Maybe the RZR's are not adjustable, but the Rhino's are.
Back to top Go down
http://www.teamconcours.com
cajuncoot
SSXSRider Member
cajuncoot

Number of posts : 3773
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Progressive Shocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Progressive Shocks   Progressive Shocks EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 6:10 pm

i have some i got from hunterworks . hd rears. they are adjustable and are rebuildable that is straight from progressive . i love them i have them set high because i haul weight around the farm and they work great on trail rides . you will have to adjust to your riding style but on the group rides i have been on they work great!! call todd at hunterworks he wil set you up.! ps mine are on a 04 rhino
Back to top Go down
moto92

moto92

Number of posts : 521
Registration date : 2008-09-06

Progressive Shocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Progressive Shocks   Progressive Shocks EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 9:26 pm

i know ive read before that with the progressive shocks you lose and inch of ground clearance, is that true?
if so that might be better for me, ive got a lift kit now about 3" and that could help with the angle ive got on the cv joints.
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

Progressive Shocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Progressive Shocks   Progressive Shocks EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 10:02 pm

When you guys say adjustable, you mean pre-load??? Correct?? Generaly adjustable means compression, re-bound and pre-load. Which, correct me if I'm wrong , the progresssives do not have (compression, re-bound) only pre-load, which all shocks have, including the stockers.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

Progressive Shocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Progressive Shocks   Progressive Shocks EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 10:04 pm

moto92 wrote:
i know ive read before that with the progressive shocks you lose and inch of ground clearance, is that true?
if so that might be better for me, ive got a lift kit now about 3" and that could help with the angle ive got on the cv joints.

I would have to say you do lose some GC with the Progressives. However, they do ride good. You do not have any adjustability other than the preload on the springs.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

Progressive Shocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Progressive Shocks   Progressive Shocks EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 11:15 pm

ridepate wrote:
When you guys say adjustable, you mean pre-load??? Correct?? Generaly adjustable means compression, re-bound and pre-load. Which, correct me if I'm wrong , the progresssives do not have (compression, re-bound) only pre-load, which all shocks have, including the stockers.

Yep, They are not really adjustable. The sport shocks are adjustable...
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

Progressive Shocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Progressive Shocks   Progressive Shocks EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 11:22 pm

Big-R wrote:
ridepate wrote:

Yep, They are not really adjustable. The sport shocks are adjustable...

Yes sir you are correct, more adjustable than the Fox RZR-S shocks (Made in China) which have only compression and pre-load. No re-bound, which IMO, is why they suck!!!!!!!! Elka's are in my future.........................
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

Progressive Shocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Progressive Shocks   Progressive Shocks EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 11:40 pm

ridepate wrote:
........Elka's are in my future.........................

Elka's are the real deal!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Boogerdigger

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-08-27

Progressive Shocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Progressive Shocks   Progressive Shocks EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 6:56 am

I want some Walkers for my Teryx allright
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Progressive Shocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Progressive Shocks   Progressive Shocks EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 1:01 pm

Boogerdigger wrote:
I want some Walkers for my Teryx Progressive Shocks 431114

Boogerdigger wrote:
Hi all! I am new here. Need some help. I just
purcahsed an 08 RZR
Chery

So what happened to the RZR you just bought? Progressive Shocks 248474
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10319

Progressive Shocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Progressive Shocks   Progressive Shocks EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 3:50 pm

GunRunner wrote:
Boogerdigger wrote:

Boogerdigger wrote:
purcahsed an 08 RZR
Chery

ownedsm
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

Number of posts : 5483
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Progressive Shocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Progressive Shocks   Progressive Shocks EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 4:21 pm

wvyankee2 wrote:
GunRunner wrote:
Boogerdigger wrote:

Boogerdigger wrote:
purcahsed an 08 RZR
Chery

ownedsm

ownedsm
Back to top Go down
Boogerdigger

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-08-27

Progressive Shocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Progressive Shocks   Progressive Shocks EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 6:27 pm

Something went in the tranny sold it and got a Teryx. The first problem was something in the front end? My brother said I told you not to get one and to buy a Rhino. I got a Teryx and hope I didnt make a mistake again.
Back to top Go down
roadiestar

roadiestar

Number of posts : 842
Registration date : 2008-01-25

Progressive Shocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Progressive Shocks   Progressive Shocks EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 6:30 pm

Good choice. I have a Teryx and it's been great. cheers
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674

Progressive Shocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Progressive Shocks   Progressive Shocks EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 6:36 pm

As others have said....my experience with the Progressives have been the same. Stiff ride at slow speeds. Great at higher speeds. No regrets on the purchase of these for me. And also, I actually gained almost an inch in clearance. Not sure why I gained and others have dropped. I would guess the factory settings are the same for all. I have adjusted since I first baought them, the pre-load, about 5-6 revolutions up, or stiffer. HD springs on rear only.
Back to top Go down
Showtime

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2009-02-10

Progressive Shocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Progressive Shocks   Progressive Shocks EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 8:48 pm

Hey Ridepate, Thanks for being clear on the adjustable definition thing, that was what I ment to say. Never thought others would think that moving the position of the spring was considered an adjustment, but I guess it is. I always think of an adjustable shock as like the one on my CRF450. Also, you are right about the ELKA'S. I hear they are the ticket. beat DontKnow Thanks Thanks Ditto
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Progressive Shocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Progressive Shocks   Progressive Shocks Empty

Back to top Go down

Progressive Shocks
Page 1 of 1