SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Moose 2 inch lift

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Wingman
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 557
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Moose 2 inch lift - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moose 2 inch lift   Moose 2 inch lift - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 09, 2008 9:41 pm

I had cranked the adjuster nut down on our sport shocks (rear) to try and get the ride height I was after. Since that did not work I installed the lift and left the shocks set where they were. After install I had 14 1/4" to the bottom of the hitch plate. Since that was more than I was after, I backed the adjuster off to factory setting and now have 13" with 25" tall tires.
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

Number of posts : 2745

PostSubject: Re: Moose 2 inch lift   Moose 2 inch lift - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 09, 2008 10:34 pm

Wingman wrote:
I had cranked the adjuster nut down on our sport shocks (rear) to try and get the ride height I was after. Since that did not work I installed the lift and left the shocks set where they were. After install I had 14 1/4" to the bottom of the hitch plate. Since that was more than I was after, I backed the adjuster off to factory setting and now have 13" with 25" tall tires.

i still dont get how yours is so much i cant remember what mine was but i remember talkin bout this with you a while back
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

PostSubject: Re: Moose 2 inch lift   Moose 2 inch lift - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2008 1:05 pm

Moose 2 inch lift - Page 2 6c3bd100
Moose 2 inch lift - Page 2 E344f6bd
^^it looks alot closer then it really is^^ (i'll try and get a bteer picture)

picture took with back tire off ground a good as i could get w/ no one to keep weight in the rhino from flipping
Moose 2 inch lift - Page 2 98cd97ef
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Moose 2 inch lift   Moose 2 inch lift - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 10:29 am

yup, i talked to the guy at Yamaha today... it's on back order, but he said they(Moose) told him the estimated shipping date is the 14th... that's not that bad of a wait, i guess.
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

PostSubject: Re: Moose 2 inch lift   Moose 2 inch lift - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 11:27 am

only 2 more days aint bad at all...i bet your excited :face:
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Moose 2 inch lift   Moose 2 inch lift - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 16, 2008 9:59 pm

Wheels wrote:
yup, i talked to the guy at Yamaha today... it's on back order, but he said they(Moose) told him the estimated shipping date is the 14th... that's not that bad of a wait, i guess.

thats what they told me lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Moose 2 inch lift   Moose 2 inch lift - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 12:25 pm

called and got an update today.... est. shipping date is the 21st, tomorrow. so... i'll call back next tuesday and get an update.

irritates me that they don't call me and give updates... i've already paid, it's the least they could do. Mad

anyways... i'll post when i get it.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Moose 2 inch lift   Moose 2 inch lift - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 6:32 pm

they told me the 24th Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Moose 2 inch lift   Moose 2 inch lift - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 9:19 pm

is that Moose or the dealership craig? i guess it doesn't matter... as long as i get it within the next two weeks... i'm not waiting longer than a month. i'll go with another manufacturer if i have to... cheers
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Moose 2 inch lift   Moose 2 inch lift - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 9:29 pm

sxs sports
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Moose 2 inch lift   Moose 2 inch lift - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2008 7:07 pm

called again today... and they said it was extended again. i cancelled it and went with the Highlifter 2inch that was in stock. cheers
Back to top Go down
Wingman
SSXSRider Member

PostSubject: Re: Moose 2 inch lift   Moose 2 inch lift - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2008 8:34 pm

Not sure what is up with your order. I hit the order button .... less than a week later I was sending you pics of the install. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Moose 2 inch lift   Moose 2 inch lift - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2008 9:23 pm

i called on mine today.they said it was supopose to hit the wharehouse today?????i ll call back in a couple days.

Wingman,where did u order yours?????
Back to top Go down
Wingman
SSXSRider Member

PostSubject: Re: Moose 2 inch lift   Moose 2 inch lift - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2008 9:41 pm

SXS Sports cheers
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Moose 2 inch lift   Moose 2 inch lift - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2008 9:49 pm

Wingman wrote:
SXS Sports cheers

me too !!! there out now :evil: Twisted Evil u must have got the last one Twisted Evil :pirat: affraid lol!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1435
Registration date : 2008-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Moose 2 inch lift   Moose 2 inch lift - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2008 10:02 pm

i can get them to you in 2 days for 150
Back to top Go down
Wingman
SSXSRider Member

PostSubject: Re: Moose 2 inch lift   Moose 2 inch lift - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2008 10:16 pm

Us receiving the lift in a timely manner came at a premium. We have had no chance to ride since it was installed. Sad Not going to get to ride this weekend either. 😢 Might have to give the lift away to break the curse!!!! I want to ride. Hey Telli, you want a lift lol!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Moose 2 inch lift   Moose 2 inch lift - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2008 9:07 am

i hated to give up on the order... but, i was hoping to have it by my birthday(today). not a big deal... but, waiting forever for a lift is... so, i'll just put the highlifter on and be happy. can't be that much difference.

one thing i found out about the highlifter is that it can be changed from 1-2inch depending on what you want. i thought that was cool. not sure if the guy was full of sh*t or not... but, i'll take his word for it.

lol!
Back to top Go down
rcmass

rcmass

Number of posts : 999
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Moose 2 inch lift   Moose 2 inch lift - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2008 9:29 am

happy birthday wheels...

I know it sucks when trying to order stuff for these toys and it doesnt pan out... best of luck.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Moose 2 inch lift   Moose 2 inch lift - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2008 9:57 am

thanks RC... appreciate it. yeah... i'm MR. Immediate Gratification when it comes to mods for the rhino... lol!

maybe we can start a support group for that.... :D
Back to top Go down
Wingman
SSXSRider Member

PostSubject: Re: Moose 2 inch lift   Moose 2 inch lift - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2008 5:45 pm

1" or 2" .... must depend on the way the bracket is mounted. The Moose only fits one way.

Happy Birthday Wheels king
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Moose 2 inch lift   Moose 2 inch lift - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2008 9:14 pm

yeah, that's what i was thinking Wingman...

thanks for the birthday wish.

cheers
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

PostSubject: Re: Moose 2 inch lift   Moose 2 inch lift - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2008 9:50 pm

Wingman wrote:
1" or 2" .... must depend on the way the bracket is mounted. The Moose only fits one way.

Happy Birthday Wheels king

thats the only way i see it changing sounds like a pain in the ass to change it

happy birthday
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Moose 2 inch lift   Moose 2 inch lift - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2008 11:23 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY WHEELS YOU OLD COOT cheers Laughing
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Moose 2 inch lift   Moose 2 inch lift - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 05, 2008 11:43 am

RSRRhino wrote:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY WHEELS YOU OLD COOT cheers Laughing

lol! thanks for the birthday wishes guys...

i have a question concerning the install:

I tried last night and i couldn't get the shock compressed so it would fit. and the a arms wouldn't go any further down b/c of the axle. I tried zip ties and vice grips... with no luck. is there a secret???

i thought about keeping it on the ground and while the shocks are compressed a bit... putting some zip ties on the springs to keep them there. this would work, but i'm still not sure about the axle.

oh, and to those of you that don't want to grind... there is no grinding for this lift even though the directions say to. I guess they changed the 08's b/c the instructional pictures are different from my rhino.

any help would be appreciated...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Moose 2 inch lift   Moose 2 inch lift - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Moose 2 inch lift
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2