SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best Tent and sleeping bag

Go down 
+3
Smith700
Rhino Rob
Mud-and-Guts
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Mud-and-Guts
SSXSRider Member
Mud-and-Guts

Number of posts : 1839
Registration date : 2008-09-22

Best Tent and sleeping bag Empty
PostSubject: Best Tent and sleeping bag   Best Tent and sleeping bag EmptySat Oct 03, 2009 12:21 am

When on a 2 or 3 day ride do you use a tent and sleeping bag? if so what kind? and would you recommend it? And where is the best place to get them?
Back to top Go down
http://www.mudandgutsoffroad.org/
Rhino Rob
SSXSRider Member
Rhino Rob

Number of posts : 2577
Registration date : 2009-01-25
Location : the home of the volunteers and port st joe tiger sharks

PostSubject: Re: Best Tent and sleeping bag   Best Tent and sleeping bag EmptySat Oct 03, 2009 8:09 am

depending on what you want, how much to spend. I recently bought a 30 below bag and already had a 3 man tent. 3 man tent so i can blow up the twin sized air mattress. little buddy heater.

cabelas, bass pro shop, gander mountain can outfit your needs. thats a short list.

A group of riders, smith 700 included with myself, went on a ride in the cumberland mountains that involved a overnight camp where temps dipped in the low 20's. found out my bag was not insulated enough, ground is cold and hard and i needed a windsheild on the rhino.

This year i am ready and ready to go !
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2713
Registration date : 2009-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Best Tent and sleeping bag   Best Tent and sleeping bag EmptySat Oct 03, 2009 8:32 pm

yeah i have been looking for a tent for me and dad when we camp,where and which brand would be good,this is my tent(the camo one),and rob isnt that yours thats beside ours
Best Tent and sleeping bag Windro10
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Best Tent and sleeping bag   Best Tent and sleeping bag EmptySat Oct 03, 2009 9:50 pm

Best one I ever had, and ever will......................

Best Tent and sleeping bag 16m3yww
Back to top Go down
DirtDawber
SSXSRider Member
DirtDawber

Number of posts : 4089
Registration date : 2009-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Best Tent and sleeping bag   Best Tent and sleeping bag EmptySat Oct 03, 2009 9:53 pm

uplaugh Cookie Monster !!
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Best Tent and sleeping bag   Best Tent and sleeping bag EmptySat Oct 03, 2009 11:06 pm

uplaugh be hard to pack the double tree in the back of the rzr Best Tent and sleeping bag 13435
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Best Tent and sleeping bag   Best Tent and sleeping bag EmptySat Oct 03, 2009 11:48 pm

GunRunner wrote:
uplaugh be hard to pack the double tree in the back of the rzr Best Tent and sleeping bag 13435

if the cookie-lady came along........................Mike would find a way........... thatsright
Back to top Go down
RZRSguy

RZRSguy

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2008-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Best Tent and sleeping bag   Best Tent and sleeping bag EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 12:03 am

I saw a guy that may have had the best idea. He took his trailer and mounted about 3 foot pvc pipe down both sides of his trailer. He then had longer thinner pvc pipe that was flexible and he basically made it look like a covered wagon. He then bungied a tarp over the trailer and enclosed it. He had a two man tent/cot from bass pro. He had an extension cord ran to his trailer for an electric space heater to sit on the deck of his trailer and an electric blanket. It was cheap, simple and very effective.
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2713
Registration date : 2009-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Best Tent and sleeping bag   Best Tent and sleeping bag EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 1:52 am

that would work,but its hard to tow a trailer around if camping deep inthe woods
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
SSXSRider Member
Mud-and-Guts

Number of posts : 1839
Registration date : 2008-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Best Tent and sleeping bag   Best Tent and sleeping bag EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 6:16 pm

I got a 5x7 coleman tent and 20 degree bag hopefully it will be enough. When it gets cooler I may need to get a better bag but the tent seems pretty good for now. Is there any other equipment you would recommend when camping on a 3 day ride.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mudandgutsoffroad.org/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Tent and sleeping bag   Best Tent and sleeping bag Empty

Back to top Go down

Best Tent and sleeping bag
Page 1 of 1