SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hatfield MCcoy?

Go down 
+2
daddy rabbit
pnjoiler
6 posters
AuthorMessage
pnjoiler

pnjoiler

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2008-01-23

Hatfield MCcoy? Empty
PostSubject: Hatfield MCcoy?   Hatfield MCcoy? EmptyMon Mar 10, 2008 5:42 pm

I had the oppurtunity to go to Hatfield Mccoy tommorrow and ride but after looking through their site I backed out. My company has a job in that area and I was going to deliver some stuff to the jobsite and bring my Rhino to ride. It would have been perfect, full expense paid trip to ride all week. I looked to see what I needed and it showed I had to where a helmet and SXS's could only ride the green trails? I don't mine the helmet thing but I wanted to ride something challenging. Can someone pipe in and tell me exactly what you can and can't do at HM? I'm sure I can figure something else they might need to get the chance to do it again.
Back to top Go down
daddy rabbit

daddy rabbit

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-02-04

Hatfield MCcoy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hatfield MCcoy?   Hatfield MCcoy? EmptyMon Mar 10, 2008 8:38 pm

have freinds going there in may some have been there before post your Question here http://windrockatv2.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=8215&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Hatfield MCcoy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hatfield MCcoy?   Hatfield MCcoy? EmptyMon Mar 10, 2008 9:12 pm

I have never ridin the H/M trails, but have talked to many who have. They all claim to ride whatever trails they want with no hassle. Most have said that they have never seen a trail patrol before. Maybe BobbyD can chime in here or Roameer. They both have ridin them a good bit.
Back to top Go down
Wally Jones

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Hatfield MCcoy? Empty
PostSubject: Trail Width   Hatfield MCcoy? EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 1:05 am

I have been on the Hatfield McCoy Trailes with my Arctic Cat Prowler and a party of 9 other riders. The Green trail restriction is due to the width of the prowler on the trails they have cut. It is open to all types of riders and you often meet dirt bikes on some trailes with little room to pass. The mountain has coal in it that is on fire and you are warned to stay away from some places. I did not see a ranger the entire time we were up there but they are around. We were lucky enough the second day of our ride to meet a lady who got us into an old stripmining area and the old roads were much wider for my Prowler or Rhino's you guys have. We all got 3day passes and you can ride your Side x Side right up to the gaspumps in the towns and then get on the trail head. There will be 2000 miles of trails when it is completed and it takes in KY and WV.
Back to top Go down
roamerr
SSXSRider Member
roamerr

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2008-02-04

Hatfield MCcoy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hatfield MCcoy?   Hatfield MCcoy? EmptyThu Mar 13, 2008 8:45 am

I ride the Indian Ridge and Pinnacle Creek HM trails without issue other than the occassional tree that is down. Last weekend we had 3 Rhinos and 4 ATV's on our trip. We spend more time riding the "outlaw" trails (non-HM).

There is plenty of riding in WV. I just do not recommend riding alone. It's easy to get lost or in mud a little deep....
Back to top Go down
Bobby D

Bobby D

Number of posts : 661
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Hatfield MCcoy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hatfield MCcoy?   Hatfield MCcoy? EmptyThu Mar 13, 2008 7:01 pm

I rode a full size Ranger 500 for 1 year all over the place before I got the RZR and rode the Indian Ridge trails before H/M took them over I just carried a chainsaw and cut where I needed more room and with after market wheels and tires I was over 64" wide.I ride green and blues and a few black.I don't worry about the trail patrol Wink what are they going to do!!
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Hatfield MCcoy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hatfield MCcoy?   Hatfield MCcoy? EmptyThu Mar 13, 2008 7:06 pm

Bobby D wrote:
I rode a full size Ranger 500 for 1 year all over the place before I got the RZR and rode the Indian Ridge trails before H/M took them over I just carried a chainsaw and cut where I needed more room and with after market wheels and tires I was over 64" wide.I ride green and blues and a few black.I don't worry about the trail patrol Wink what are they going to do!!

I hear ya BobbyD. And they sure as hell wont catch the RZR. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hatfield MCcoy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hatfield MCcoy?   Hatfield MCcoy? Empty

Back to top Go down

Hatfield MCcoy?
Page 1 of 1