SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Welcome to West Virginia. "Open for wheelin"

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Welcome to West Virginia. "Open for wheelin" Empty
PostSubject: Welcome to West Virginia. "Open for wheelin"   Welcome to West Virginia. "Open for wheelin" EmptyWed Jan 23, 2008 9:18 pm

Thought I would post a thread to introduce our famous trail system for those who dont know about it. The trail system is located in southern West Virginia, and to this point there is 6 trailheads open with over 500 miles of trails. More to be added soon. When it is complete, all the trails will tie together and will consist of over 2000 miles of trails. All trail heads have access to Lodgeing, gas stations, and restaurants. Here is a link to the Website:

http://www.trailsheaven.com/
Back to top Go down
Tellico450

Tellico450

Number of posts : 304
Registration date : 2008-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to West Virginia. "Open for wheelin"   Welcome to West Virginia. "Open for wheelin" EmptyWed Jan 23, 2008 9:31 pm

Excellent place......definately will have to check it out.....though it seems as if you coudl get lost pretty easily there! lol!
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to West Virginia. "Open for wheelin"   Welcome to West Virginia. "Open for wheelin" EmptyWed Jan 23, 2008 9:40 pm

Tellico450 wrote:
Excellent place......definately will have to check it out.....though it seems as if you coudl get lost pretty easily there! lol!

There are free maps at every trailhead, and the trails are clearly marked as you go.
Back to top Go down
Tellico450

Tellico450

Number of posts : 304
Registration date : 2008-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to West Virginia. "Open for wheelin"   Welcome to West Virginia. "Open for wheelin" EmptyWed Jan 23, 2008 9:50 pm

Only problem is you can only ride on the green trails......I'd want to ride on the Blue and BLack trails! lol! Any news on if they will make all the trails UTV friendly?
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to West Virginia. "Open for wheelin"   Welcome to West Virginia. "Open for wheelin" EmptyWed Jan 23, 2008 10:12 pm

Tellico450 wrote:
Only problem is you can only ride on the green trails......I'd want to ride on the Blue and BLack trails! lol! Any news on if they will make all the trails UTV friendly?

I have not been on them this year, but people I talk to who are say they ride anywhere they want. But with that being said, the rules do say green trails for SidexSides.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to West Virginia. "Open for wheelin"   Welcome to West Virginia. "Open for wheelin" EmptyThu Jan 24, 2008 8:46 am

Good site and topic to start wvyankee2. Need to plan a club ride an get a big group of SxS's to check it out this year sometime. The Hatfield-Mccoy trails are suppose to be worth it. Guess it would be just as big or bigger than windrock.

Anyone want to plan a trip up this spring\summer\fall sometime? Be nice to take a week at these bigger places so would have to see if I can get vacation time off.
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to West Virginia. "Open for wheelin"   Welcome to West Virginia. "Open for wheelin" EmptyThu Jan 24, 2008 11:08 am

Hatfield and Mccoy trail system also restricts SXS's to certain trails. That could be a mission for the club to work to get us allowed to ride all areas. I think in most cases we impact the trails less than most atvs. We spin our tires less and slide less too.
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to West Virginia. "Open for wheelin"   Welcome to West Virginia. "Open for wheelin" EmptyThu Jan 24, 2008 11:31 am

Guys dont worry about the Hatfield system only. I have just as many unrestricted trails to take you on if you want to come up for a ride. The only thing nice about the H/M trail system is you can park your Sidexside at the front door of your campground or cabin, or hotel and never halve to worry about loading and unloading once you settle in.
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to West Virginia. "Open for wheelin"   Welcome to West Virginia. "Open for wheelin" EmptyThu Jan 24, 2008 11:37 am

Kool! Laughing Im thinking H&M ROAD TRIP!!!!!! sometime in the spring or summer bounce
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to West Virginia. "Open for wheelin"   Welcome to West Virginia. "Open for wheelin" EmptyFri Jan 25, 2008 1:52 pm

yeah, i've been wanting to ride up there for a long while now... so, a 4 or 5 day ride up there would be excellent.

count me in.
Back to top Go down
joshc
SSXSRider Member
joshc

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to West Virginia. "Open for wheelin"   Welcome to West Virginia. "Open for wheelin" EmptyTue Jan 29, 2008 8:33 am

HM trails are great. They offer a little bit for everyone from mud to hill climbs to rock crawling. Like Yankee said the rules do say green only for us, but we've been on the HM trails for many years and we have seen 1 "officer" on the trail. The main reason for the restriction on the black trails is mostly the width of the trail. Most blue trails are just cut through the brush and not maintained, the blacks a lot of time are washed out hallows that are filled with rock. We love rock crawling and we can spend a day just hitting the blacks.

It would be good to get a list of people and what kind of terrain they wanted hit like I listed above. That would give us a good idea of what system we would like to hit as they all are a little bit different.

And like Yankee stated, we don't have to limit ourselves to the HM system, just across the road from many of these places is better, and unrestricted riding.
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to West Virginia. "Open for wheelin"   Welcome to West Virginia. "Open for wheelin" EmptyTue Jan 29, 2008 1:30 pm

Yep, Between Josh and I, we could take you out for a month, and never hit the same trail.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to West Virginia. "Open for wheelin"   Welcome to West Virginia. "Open for wheelin" Empty

Back to top Go down

Welcome to West Virginia. "Open for wheelin"
Page 1 of 1