SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Yamaha Motor Company quadruples full-year loss forecast

Go down 
+2
wvyankee2
GunRunner
6 posters
AuthorMessage
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Yamaha Motor Company quadruples full-year loss forecast Empty
PostSubject: Yamaha Motor Company quadruples full-year loss forecast   Yamaha Motor Company quadruples full-year loss forecast EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 2:28 pm

Surplus of workers due to economic downturn, says company spokeswoman
Posted: 20 August 2009
by Visordown News
yam logo

YAMAHA MOTOR COMPANY has recently quadrupled its forecast for a full-year loss due to the increasing effects of the global economic downturn, reports financial experts Bloomberg.

The company, the world’s second-largest motorcycle maker, has a surplus work force of over 1,700 staff in Japan, Europe and the USA due to a drop in demand in the motorcycle market, a company spokeswoman said.

Yamaha is in talks to send employees to Nissan car plant in October to work for six months.

“We have surplus workers as a result of production-cuts, but we want to maintain the employment with the workers rather than slash them,” Satoko Ogawa, a Yamaha Motor spokeswoman, told Bloomberg.

The company had 48,933 workers as of March 31, according to data compiled by Bloomberg.
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10319

PostSubject: Re: Yamaha Motor Company quadruples full-year loss forecast   Yamaha Motor Company quadruples full-year loss forecast EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 2:46 pm

Things dont sound good. No Pretty cool trying to save their peoples jobs though. Smiles
Back to top Go down
Neuromax
SSXSRider Member
Neuromax

Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2008-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Yamaha Motor Company quadruples full-year loss forecast   Yamaha Motor Company quadruples full-year loss forecast EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 3:07 pm

One big reason they are having losses is they aren't coming out with anything. The market has been demanding them to come up with something to compete with the Rzr and they haven't done it. If they build it they will sell it.
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
SSXSRider Member
Mud-and-Guts

Number of posts : 1839
Registration date : 2008-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Yamaha Motor Company quadruples full-year loss forecast   Yamaha Motor Company quadruples full-year loss forecast EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 8:32 pm

With the sound of that I say "Go Yamaha" I am glad they are standing behind their people. I wish everyone would do this instead of moving the jobs to other countries.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mudandgutsoffroad.org/
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Yamaha Motor Company quadruples full-year loss forecast   Yamaha Motor Company quadruples full-year loss forecast EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 9:34 pm

mud-and-guts wrote:
With the sound of that I say "Go Yamaha" I am glad they are standing behind their people. I wish everyone would do this instead of moving the jobs to other countries.

Amen
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
Mud-and-Guts
SSXSRider Member
Mud-and-Guts

Number of posts : 1839
Registration date : 2008-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Yamaha Motor Company quadruples full-year loss forecast   Yamaha Motor Company quadruples full-year loss forecast EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 9:37 pm

Airborne LT wrote:
mud-and-guts wrote:

Amen

The more I learn about Yamaha the more I bleed blue bro.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mudandgutsoffroad.org/
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Yamaha Motor Company quadruples full-year loss forecast   Yamaha Motor Company quadruples full-year loss forecast EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 9:44 pm

Yamaha is a FANTASTIC company. Suzuki and Kawasaki could learn something from them, IMO.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
Badride
SSXSRider Member
Badride

Number of posts : 182
Registration date : 2009-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Yamaha Motor Company quadruples full-year loss forecast   Yamaha Motor Company quadruples full-year loss forecast EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 6:12 am

I agree, I am glad to see them trying to take care of their workers.

Can Am on the other hand is going to move the ATV bussiness from Canada to Mexico.
I think they should start calling them Mexi-Cans now.
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10319

PostSubject: Re: Yamaha Motor Company quadruples full-year loss forecast   Yamaha Motor Company quadruples full-year loss forecast EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 9:38 am

uplaugh
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yamaha Motor Company quadruples full-year loss forecast   Yamaha Motor Company quadruples full-year loss forecast Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1