SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

HONDA IS FINALLY DOING IT!!!!!!

Go down 
+5
acf1073
wvyankee2
shawnley1222
Tellico450
Mudxtc
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Mudxtc

Mudxtc

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2008-01-22

HONDA IS FINALLY DOING IT!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: HONDA IS FINALLY DOING IT!!!!!!   HONDA IS FINALLY DOING IT!!!!!! EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 3:39 pm

http://powersports.honda.com/2008models/#BigRed

kinda FUGLY but it is a HONDA!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Tellico450

Tellico450

Number of posts : 304
Registration date : 2008-01-21

PostSubject: Re: HONDA IS FINALLY DOING IT!!!!!!   HONDA IS FINALLY DOING IT!!!!!! EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 3:42 pm

Mudxtc wrote:

Every dealership that I have spoken to that sells mulitple brands.......Honda is the brand most brought in for repairs. Honda used to be the most reliable......however.....other brands have surpassed them(Yami, Zuki). Now if we are talking about the quads of old.......the TRX300....the most reliable atv EVER.
Back to top Go down
Mudxtc

Mudxtc

PostSubject: Re: HONDA IS FINALLY DOING IT!!!!!!   HONDA IS FINALLY DOING IT!!!!!! EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 4:01 pm

Tellico450 wrote:
Mudxtc wrote:

Every dealership that I have spoken to that sells mulitple brands.......Honda is the brand most brought in for repairs. Honda used to be the most reliable......however.....other brands have surpassed them(Yami, Zuki). Now if we are talking about the quads of old.......the TRX300....the most reliable atv EVER.

I have owned many Honda machines (14 streetbikes, 15+ MX bikes and several ATV's) over the years and I personally will drop the cash for a Honda ANYTIME! I just wish they would have came out with this 2 years ago!
Back to top Go down
Tellico450

Tellico450

PostSubject: Re: HONDA IS FINALLY DOING IT!!!!!!   HONDA IS FINALLY DOING IT!!!!!! EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 5:03 pm

Mudxtc wrote:
Tellico450 wrote:
Mudxtc wrote:

I have owned many Honda machines (14 streetbikes, 15+ MX bikes and several ATV's) over the years and I personally will drop the cash for a Honda ANYTIME! I just wish they would have came out with this 2 years ago!

to each their own I guess. cheers lol!
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

Number of posts : 2745

PostSubject: Re: HONDA IS FINALLY DOING IT!!!!!!   HONDA IS FINALLY DOING IT!!!!!! EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 5:30 pm

i seen them a while ago they are FUGLY 4 sure...im still wondering on how they perform...looks like a worker not a toy

p.s. 08 rhino won sport utility sxs according to sxsaction mag
rzr won sport sxs
john deere won utility sxs
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318

PostSubject: Re: HONDA IS FINALLY DOING IT!!!!!!   HONDA IS FINALLY DOING IT!!!!!! EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 8:27 pm

A 1200 pound machine with the Rincon drive system will be terrible performance wise. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Tellico450

Tellico450

PostSubject: Re: HONDA IS FINALLY DOING IT!!!!!!   HONDA IS FINALLY DOING IT!!!!!! EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 8:28 pm

shawnley1222 wrote:
i seen them a while ago they are FUGLY 4 sure...im still wondering on how they perform...looks like a worker not a toy

p.s. 08 rhino won sport utility sxs according to sxsaction mag
rzr won sport sxs
john deere won utility sxs

ALSOOOOOOOOOOOO, you can go to www.sxsaction.com and view the whole issue of the past magazines for free. Maybe I need to start a post with this.
Back to top Go down
acf1073

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: HONDA IS FINALLY DOING IT!!!!!!   HONDA IS FINALLY DOING IT!!!!!! EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 9:49 pm

Tellico450 wrote:
Mudxtc wrote:

Every dealership that I have spoken to that sells multiple brands.......Honda is the brand most brought in for repairs. Honda used to be the most reliable......however.....other brands have surpassed them(Yami, Zuki). Now if we are talking about the quads of old.......the TRX300....the most reliable atv EVER.

tellico...step away from the meth pipe

i work at a large honda/polaris dealership andi can tell you first hand that honda has been/is now/and most likely always will be the most reliable out there and they continue to sell more atv's every year than ALL the other manufacturers combined.

the reason more are brought in,if that is the case, is simply because there are 4 times the number of them out there in operation. ....you have got to be horribly mis-informed.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: HONDA IS FINALLY DOING IT!!!!!!   HONDA IS FINALLY DOING IT!!!!!! EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 10:02 pm

Guys this turd is old news. I am very disappointed in the look of this machine 😢 . I have a 1986 200x three wheeler. It was running great until I put it up four years ago. Now the carb is clog I am sure. I love Honda. But, the Big Red Is ugly. What was the engineers thinking. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Tellico450

Tellico450

PostSubject: Re: HONDA IS FINALLY DOING IT!!!!!!   HONDA IS FINALLY DOING IT!!!!!! EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 10:05 pm

acf1073 wrote:
Tellico450 wrote:
Mudxtc wrote:

Every dealership that I have spoken to that sells multiple brands.......Honda is the brand most brought in for repairs. Honda used to be the most reliable......however.....other brands have surpassed them(Yami, Zuki). Now if we are talking about the quads of old.......the TRX300....the most reliable atv EVER.

i work at a large honda/polaris dealership andi can tell you first hand that honda has been/is now/and most likely always will be the most reliable out there and they continue to sell more atv's every year than ALL the other manufacturers combined.

the reason more are brought in,if that is the case, is simply because there are 4 times the number of them out there in operation. ....you have got to be horribly mis-informed.

Actually.......not misinformed at all........the dealerships in question sell Yamaha, Suzuki, and Honda. I'm going by what they've said to me. That is not for debate. I don't do drugs......your misinformed. I didnt say one way or the other which is better than what.....however I'd buy yamaha before honda....that's simply because I like Yamaha. And if you did read what I wrote.....it clearly said............the trx300 is the most reliable quad ever made. Guess ya missed that! But I will say...that other manufacturers are on par with honda as far as reliability goes.....that I do believe in.
Back to top Go down
rcmass

rcmass

Number of posts : 999
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: HONDA IS FINALLY DOING IT!!!!!!   HONDA IS FINALLY DOING IT!!!!!! EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 10:14 pm

I've always known Honda for quality - and have had many different honda engines - this machine will be a solid unit.....

but it is more in line with a more powerful Kawi Mule and Kubota Rancher (though you can get that hog with a 3 cyl diesel)

glad sxs action mag started classifying the sxs cat - sport sxs, sport utility sxs, utility sxs.
Back to top Go down
roamerr
SSXSRider Member
roamerr

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2008-02-04

PostSubject: Re: HONDA IS FINALLY DOING IT!!!!!!   HONDA IS FINALLY DOING IT!!!!!! EmptyThu Mar 13, 2008 8:41 am

I see it as Honda's copy of the Rhino. Why not aim at the Rhino if Yamaha really sold 75,000 of them last year. The plastic is different but the basic configuration is similar. It looks like it will have similar ground clearance. Kawasaki copied the Rhino much closer with the Teryx but the Big Red is not far off....
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: HONDA IS FINALLY DOING IT!!!!!!   HONDA IS FINALLY DOING IT!!!!!! EmptyThu Mar 13, 2008 9:27 am

There are going to be features of Side by Sides that are going to be "standard". For example, Width, ground clearance, bed capacity ........ I can get the specks of a lot of side by sides and they are very close. Therefore, sense Yamaha was the first out with a "RUV" then ever time some one makes a new machine then they are coping Rhino.

However, this is the first time I have ever heard any one say Honda copied Yamaha lol! . That is insulting Yamaha. One more thing. Do you think all the quads look alike? Shocked Who copied who Question Question Question
Back to top Go down
roamerr
SSXSRider Member
roamerr

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2008-02-04

PostSubject: Re: HONDA IS FINALLY DOING IT!!!!!!   HONDA IS FINALLY DOING IT!!!!!! EmptyThu Mar 13, 2008 11:07 am

By copying the Rhino I was looking at the Ground Clearance (not like the Mule), Seat Configuration (looks like Rhino -- not Mule or Ranger), Front Bumper (similar to Rhino), Bed Tilt (looks similar to Rhino). I do think the Rhino looks 100x better than the Honda. Honda really needs to hire some designers and get some bigger wheels......

I am surprised the Honda does not have any doors or leg minders. Those Honda deep pockets will hurt for that choice.
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296

PostSubject: Re: HONDA IS FINALLY DOING IT!!!!!!   HONDA IS FINALLY DOING IT!!!!!! EmptyThu Mar 13, 2008 11:08 am

Hondas are reliable, whoever thinks yamaha and suzuki has moved ahead is trying to get you to buy one. This unit will be very popular with the people who buy the machines to work with, this is not even close to being a play machine like the rhino, afterall who ever bought a rhino to use in a work situation? The hard workers out there the ranger, and the mule will be its competitors not the rhinos. I think this thing will be a dog though, the rincon is and its way smaller, no low range, no locking front diff pretty much useless in rough stuff. Bt for running around the farm or ther ranch it will do great.
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

PostSubject: Re: HONDA IS FINALLY DOING IT!!!!!!   HONDA IS FINALLY DOING IT!!!!!! EmptyThu Mar 13, 2008 11:18 am

acf1073 wrote:
Tellico450 wrote:
Mudxtc wrote:

Honda comes no where near selling more units than "all the other manufacturers combined" In fact Polaris out sells Honda 2 to 1 in the US. and while over the years Honda has been known for reliability, they have had a lot more problems with their models since 2005 than they had in years before. These two statements are facts.

Last edited by wvyankee2 on Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

Number of posts : 2745

PostSubject: Re: HONDA IS FINALLY DOING IT!!!!!!   HONDA IS FINALLY DOING IT!!!!!! EmptyThu Mar 13, 2008 11:33 am

GunRunner wrote:
Hondas are reliable, whoever thinks yamaha and suzuki has moved ahead is trying to get you to buy one. This unit will be very popular with the people who buy the machines to work with, this is not even close to being a play machine like the rhino, afterall who ever bought a rhino to use in a work situation? The hard workers out there the ranger, and the mule will be its competitors not the rhinos. I think this thing will be a dog though, the rincon is and its way smaller, no low range, no locking front diff pretty much useless in rough stuff. Bt for running around the farm or ther ranch it will do great.

fully agree with gunny... they hit it right on the head if they were going for work, which it looks like they opted for a worker instead of a playing sxs, so big red will be gettin down on the farm instead of the trails which in sure it would still hold its own out on them but wouldnt do as well as the "sporty" sxs and it would def out work the "sporty" sxs DIFFERENT STROKES FOR DIFFERENT FOLKS buy what you want and if other pp dont like it o well
Back to top Go down
Mudxtc

Mudxtc

PostSubject: Re: HONDA IS FINALLY DOING IT!!!!!!   HONDA IS FINALLY DOING IT!!!!!! EmptyThu Mar 13, 2008 4:05 pm

wvyankee2 wrote:
acf1073 wrote:
Tellico450 wrote:
Mudxtc wrote:

Honda comes no where near selling more units than "all the other manufacturers combined" In fact Polaris out sells Honda 2 to 1 in the US. and while over the years Honda has been known for reliability, they have had a lot more problems with their models since 2005 than they had in years before. These two statements are facts.

Actually, I read somewhere that Honda (worldwide) sells 50% more motorcycles (includes ATV's) than all of the other mfg's combined! The article had a neat little pie chart and it is pretty impressive for Honda! Honda is and always will be the king of motorcycles/ATV's and once thier RUV hits the market, I bet there will be quite a few used Rhino's for sale.

I am not saying anything bad about the Rhino, God knows I love my Rhino but Honda has one thing that Yamaha/Kawasaki/Suzuki/Polaris does not have and that is the ability to market the absolute snot out of a new machine! They can sell anything and make ya think you just got the best damn product in the world (and ALOT of people will agree with them)!

Look at the crappy little CBR600 Hurricane motorcycle, it was a weak POS and EVERYBODY who rode a motorcycle wanted one just because of Honda's ability to market it and then stand behind it once it left the showroom floor!!!!! (Yes I had one)

No, I do not like the looks of the Honda. HOWEVER, if Honda would have had it on the market 2 years ago, I would have bought it and probably paid more for it just due to the simple fact that it is a HONDA!
Back to top Go down
Tellico450

Tellico450

PostSubject: Re: HONDA IS FINALLY DOING IT!!!!!!   HONDA IS FINALLY DOING IT!!!!!! EmptyThu Mar 13, 2008 4:06 pm

GunRunner wrote:

Nobody is trying to get me to buy anything. One of my real good friends works at a dealership that sells those three brands mentioned in my post above. He isnt trying to sell me anything, he doesnt like quads or UTV's. He is in to motocross......matter a fact he rides a honda because he got the best deal on one. However, he stated to me when asked, that the most returned quad for service is Honda. Also.....at his dealership, yamaha sells more than honda. Suzuki is right there as well.
Back to top Go down
Tellico450

Tellico450

PostSubject: Re: HONDA IS FINALLY DOING IT!!!!!!   HONDA IS FINALLY DOING IT!!!!!! EmptyThu Mar 13, 2008 4:10 pm

GunRunner wrote:

Nobody is trying to get me to buy anything. One of my real good friends works at a dealership that sells those three brands mentioned in my post above. He isnt trying to sell me anything, he doesnt like quads or UTV's. He is in to motocross......matter a fact he rides a honda because he got the best deal on one. However, he stated to me when asked, that the most returned quad for service is Honda. Also.....at his dealership, yamaha sells more than honda. Suzuki is right there as well.
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

PostSubject: Re: HONDA IS FINALLY DOING IT!!!!!!   HONDA IS FINALLY DOING IT!!!!!! EmptyThu Mar 13, 2008 6:50 pm

Here is a list of worldwide ATV sales by year. Keep in mind that these percentages do not include SidexSides which would make Polaris and Yamaha's percentages much higher.

Here are the worldwide market share numbers for ATV's from 1995-2006. Data was taken from the summer 2006 edition of Ehlert PowerSports Business.

1995: Honda 30%, Yamaha 26%, Polaris 25%, Kawasaki 12%, Suzuki 7%, Arctic Cat 0%, Bombardier NA

1996: Honda 31%, Yamaha 23%, Polaris 27%, Kawasaki 11%, Suzuki 8%, Arctic Cat 0%, Bombardier NA

1997: Honda 31%, Yamaha 24%, Polaris 26%, Kawasaki 10%, Suzuki 7%, Arctic Cat 2%, Bombardier NA

1998: Honda 30%, Yamaha 25%, Polaris 28%, Kawasaki 9%, Suzuki 5%, Arctic Cat 3%, Bombardier NA

1999: Honda 30%, Yamaha 25%, Polaris 27%, Kawasaki 9%, Suzuki 5%, Arctic Cat 4%, Bombardier NA

2000: Honda 32%, Yamaha 26%, Polaris 26%, Kawasaki 7%, Suzuki 5%, Arctic Cat 5%, Bombardier NA

2001: Honda 33%, Yamaha 26%, Polaris 24%, Kawasaki 6%, Suzuki 4%, Arctic Cat 6%, Bombardier 2%

2002: Honda 30%, Yamaha 25%, Polaris 25%, Kawasaki 7%, Suzuki 4%, Arctic Cat 7%, Bombardier 2%

2003: Honda 31%, Yamaha 21%, Polaris 21%, Kawasaki 9%, Suzuki 11%, Arctic Cat 5%, Bombardier 3%

2004: Honda 31%, Yamaha 22%, Polaris 22%, Kawasaki 7%, Suzuki 9%, Arctic Cat 7%, Bombardier 2%

2005: Honda 30%, Yamaha 21%, Polaris 21%, Kawasaki 8%, Suzuki 10%, Arctic Cat 7%, Bombardier 3%

2006(est.): Honda 30%, Yamaha 21%, Polaris 21%, Kawasaki 7%, Suzuki 9%, Arctic Cat 8%, Bombardier 4%

These numbers do not include sales of side by side vehicles.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HONDA IS FINALLY DOING IT!!!!!!   HONDA IS FINALLY DOING IT!!!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

HONDA IS FINALLY DOING IT!!!!!!
Page 1 of 1