SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Need some help please

Go down 
+2
moto92
rhino nut
6 posters
AuthorMessage
rhino nut
SSXSRider Member
rhino nut

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2009-03-21

Need some help please Empty
PostSubject: Need some help please   Need some help please EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 10:03 pm

Hello every one. I have a noise in the driver side rear of my Rhino, when I turn to the left it make sort of a poping noise but not all the time. The axles are after market (CV MAN) an i have about 3 or 4 rides on them. Thought it could be a CV going bad, but I pulled the axle out an it seems to be smooth as glass, I have 1200 miles on the Rhino an have never put wheel bearings in it ,there is a little play in them but could they possibly be my noise that im hearing? We were riding this week end at Coal Creek when i noticed it. I got a friend to drive it real slow turning to the left an put my hands on the DIFF to see if i could feel a pop, But nothing. Any help or advise would be greatly appreaciated. Like i said only when you turn left,never straight or right. Thank you guys . Rhino Nut.
Back to top Go down
moto92

moto92

Number of posts : 521
Registration date : 2008-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Need some help please   Need some help please EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 10:28 pm

the only thing i know of that pops while turning is the cv joints.
id be getting ahold of the cv man, they are suppose to have a warranty.
id also change those bearings while i was in there
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
SSXSRider Member
Mud-and-Guts

Number of posts : 1839
Registration date : 2008-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Need some help please   Need some help please EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 10:59 pm

Does it make the noise setting still while cutting the wheel? Or is it only when the wheel is spinning? Did you jack it up and spin it by hand to see if it made the noise? If you have not already I would jack it up, spin the wheel by hand, and cut the wheel side to side while listening to the ball joints bearings and the cv's.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mudandgutsoffroad.org/
Bigg Bubba

Bigg Bubba

Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Need some help please   Need some help please EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 1:32 am

it possibl... could be the brakes or the calipers.....
Back to top Go down
rhino nut
SSXSRider Member
rhino nut

PostSubject: Re: Need some help please   Need some help please EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 7:35 pm

mud-and-guts wrote:
Does it make the noise setting still while cutting the wheel? Or is it only when the wheel is spinning? Did you jack it up and spin it by hand to see if it made the noise? If you have not already I would jack it up, spin the wheel by hand, and cut the wheel side to side while listening to the ball joints bearings and the cv's.
No iT only makes the noise when i am turning left, The noise isnt in the front it is in the rear.
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Need some help please   Need some help please EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 8:29 pm

Check your diff-mount bolts.
Back to top Go down
Bigg Bubba

Bigg Bubba

Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Need some help please   Need some help please EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 10:58 pm

may be some sand or grit in the bearings... only
chimes when stress is put on the weight beaering part....
Back to top Go down
Neuromax
SSXSRider Member
Neuromax

Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2008-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Need some help please   Need some help please EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 8:33 am

ridepate wrote:
Check your diff-mount bolts.
Ditto
Back to top Go down
rhino nut
SSXSRider Member
rhino nut

PostSubject: Re: Need some help please   Need some help please EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 8:39 am

Checked all the diff bolts, I also have a after market brace every thing was tight. Replaced the rear wheel bearings yesturday, AN STILL HAVE MY NOISE. Could it possibly be a cv going bad? Pulled the axle an in my hand rotating the CVs an exstinding the axle it seems smooth as it can be. It will drive me crazy till i figure it out.
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
SSXSRider Member
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: Need some help please   Need some help please EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 12:44 pm

rhino nut wrote:
It will drive me crazy till i figure it out.

Been there......... It could be a CV, did you check and grease the bushings and pins when you changed the wheel bearings? also With the axle installed you might grab it at the diff and check to see if it has excess play in the diff.
Back to top Go down
rhino nut
SSXSRider Member
rhino nut

PostSubject: Re: Need some help please   Need some help please EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 1:06 pm

mud-and-guts wrote:
rhino nut wrote:

Been there......... It could be a CV, did you check and grease the bushings and pins when you changed the wheel bearings? also With the axle installed you might grab it at the diff and check to see if it has excess play in the diff.
Yes i greased the pins a bushings an have also checked for excess play or movement in everything, I am starting to think it might be a CV starting to ack up.
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
SSXSRider Member
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: Need some help please   Need some help please EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 1:12 pm

rhino nut wrote:
mud-and-guts wrote:
rhino nut wrote:

Yes i greased the pins a bushings an have also checked for excess play or movement in everything, I am starting to think it might be a CV starting to ack up.

There could possibly be something in one of the CV's causing it to pop when under load.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need some help please   Need some help please Empty

Back to top Go down

Need some help please
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SouthernSxSRiders :: The Machines :: Yamaha-
Jump to: