SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hug you kids

Go down 
+4
Wingman
shawnley1222
wvyankee2
Clutch
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Clutch

Clutch

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Hug you kids Empty
PostSubject: Hug you kids   Hug you kids EmptyThu Mar 13, 2008 5:54 pm

The last few days have been crazy. Last Saturday my buddies 16 year old son was in a car accident and was thrown out of the back window of his truck (we think the air bag threw him out) as the truck rolled 8 times. He was air lifted and coded during the flight and was pulled back. Then spent the next 10 hours fighting to stay alive. They got him stabilized and around Monday they finally said he was out of immediate danger. Two skull fractures, 3 fractured vertebrae in his back, broken tail bone, 4 broke ribs, broken left Femur, cracked pelvis, bruised both lungs and lots of road rash. They said his brain shifted and he is only semi responsive and can not talk. Just goes to show that things can change in a split second and your world could be spun upside down. Things like this can put everything in perspective and remember whats really important in life.
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10319

Hug you kids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hug you kids   Hug you kids EmptyThu Mar 13, 2008 7:16 pm

Very tragic news. I know how I had to deal with the memories of my driving experiences when putting my 3 kids behind the wheel of an Automobile. I totaled 3 cars before my 18th Birthday. Lucky to be around myself. Fortunately my kids (30,28, & 19) have never been in an accident yet, and hope they never do. Prayers go out to him and the Family for a full recovery.
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

Number of posts : 2745

Hug you kids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hug you kids   Hug you kids EmptyThu Mar 13, 2008 10:35 pm

Man that sucks but at least he is still here and hopefully he will make a full recovery.. Prayers will be said for him and his family
Back to top Go down
Wingman
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 557

Hug you kids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hug you kids   Hug you kids EmptyFri Mar 14, 2008 8:54 am

My father passed away in March of 2001. That set us back a bit but have picked up the pieces and tried to move on. In September of 2001 we had a 16 year old son killed. We will never be the same!
Back to top Go down
utlover

utlover

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2008-01-27

Hug you kids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hug you kids   Hug you kids EmptyFri Mar 14, 2008 9:42 am

Sorry for your loss Wingman. Im scared to death to let my 16 yr. old daughter start driving. Its one of those things you have to do but just dont look forward too.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1435
Registration date : 2008-01-21

Hug you kids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hug you kids   Hug you kids EmptyFri Mar 14, 2008 9:51 am

Im so sorry clutch..I understand what your goin through BELIVE ME..Just leave it in gods hands and everything will be fine!! IM PRAYING FOR HIM AND YOUR FAMILY!! If you need anything at all please call
Back to top Go down
Clutch

Clutch

Hug you kids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hug you kids   Hug you kids EmptyFri Mar 14, 2008 10:49 am

Sorry to here about that Wingman. I have a 5 year old and a 10 year old and I could not imagine the pain of a loss like that. Anthony is getting better and the doctors a optimistic about a full recovery. He is responding well and starting to eat. So things are looking up. He definitely had someone looking out for him.
Back to top Go down
Z28

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-01-23

Hug you kids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hug you kids   Hug you kids EmptyFri Mar 14, 2008 9:53 pm

Clutch & Wingman My heart hurts to here this & I do know how you feel. My youngest son had bad wreck in Oct 04 with intensive brain injuries. I thank God he is still with us. I will be praying for you & your friend. If I can help in any way, let me know!
Back to top Go down
Wingman
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 557

Hug you kids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hug you kids   Hug you kids EmptyFri Mar 14, 2008 11:06 pm

Although not the intent of my post but thanks for the thoughts and kind words. I was more or less trying to emphasize the fact of hugging your kids, tomorrow they may not be here. It is not always someone else bad things happen to. Alright I have to change the subject, if I get this on my mind it will take me a couple days to get straightened up. So .......

The ride on April 26th at Broad River ATV .... is it worth the wife and I riding 600 miles one way to play in the mud? We may can make this one! cheers
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296

Hug you kids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hug you kids   Hug you kids EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 5:31 pm

Best wishs to the boy in the hospital and to you wingman and your family. 😢
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
Clutch

Clutch

Hug you kids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hug you kids   Hug you kids EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 6:56 pm

Someone posted a vid of the truck afterwards , on Youtube. A friend just happened to find it buy accident.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLFMELqW9F8

He is doing better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hug you kids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hug you kids   Hug you kids Empty

Back to top Go down

Hug you kids
Page 1 of 1