SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Annual service ( with grease tip)

Go down 
+2
Big-R
jigger
6 posters
AuthorMessage
jigger

jigger

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-09-29

Annual service ( with grease tip) Empty
PostSubject: Annual service ( with grease tip)   Annual service ( with grease tip) EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 2:37 pm

Doing my first full service before the winter plowing season. Changed the front and rear diff, engine oil no surprises. I readjusted my parking brake as I had the rear skid plate off. I read about a lot of guys having trouble getting to the grease zerks on the front drive shaft. I found that if you take off the cup holder you can access the grease zerk with relative ease. It took longer taking the cover off and putting it back on, than the actual grease job. I was able to get the front drive shaft zerk from the driver side tire. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think I got all the zerks. two on the drive shft and two on the rear A-arms . I say it is much easier doing the service on my Rhino than my 03 RX-1 Mnt Yamaha.

Last years photos.

Annual service ( with grease tip) DSC_0060
Annual service ( with grease tip) DSC_0084Large
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Annual service ( with grease tip)   Annual service ( with grease tip) EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 4:17 pm

Nice sled!!!!!

Yeah you have two on the front drive shaft and two per side on the rear A-arms.
Back to top Go down
jigger

jigger

PostSubject: Re: Annual service ( with grease tip)   Annual service ( with grease tip) EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 12:06 am

Thanks, Bought the enclosed fiberglass trailer last year for the little one. I do like riding mine Rhino but nothing compares to powder riding on a sled.
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Annual service ( with grease tip)   Annual service ( with grease tip) EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 10:11 am

jigger wrote:
I do like riding mine Rhino but nothing compares to powder riding on a sled.

You got that right. allright
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318

PostSubject: Re: Annual service ( with grease tip)   Annual service ( with grease tip) EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 10:25 am

jigger wrote:
I read about a lot of guys having trouble getting to the grease zerks on the front drive shaft. I found that if you take off the cup holder you can access the grease zerk with relative ease. It took longer taking the cover off and putting it back on, than the actual grease job. I was able to get the front drive shaft zerk from the driver side tire.

Yep, that is the easiest way to get to them. I do think the 700's have a slot in the U-joint where you can get a grease gun to them that the 660's dont have. Could be wrong about that. I know that I need the needle tip to get grease in my 660. Getting to them easiest is the way you descibed though.
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
SSXSRider Member
Mud-and-Guts

Number of posts : 1839
Registration date : 2008-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Annual service ( with grease tip)   Annual service ( with grease tip) EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 9:28 pm

I have the 450 and it is fairly easy to grease the drive shaft without removing anything. The rear wheels are a a little more difficult, I have to remove the wheels to grease them. I try to grease all 4 at-least every 100 miles.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mudandgutsoffroad.org/
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674

PostSubject: Re: Annual service ( with grease tip)   Annual service ( with grease tip) EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 9:33 pm

Whats that white stuff?
Back to top Go down
jigger

jigger

PostSubject: Re: Annual service ( with grease tip)   Annual service ( with grease tip) EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 10:17 pm

That there is the first of many snow falls. I actually look forward to snow removal now that I have the Rhino with a plow.
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Annual service ( with grease tip)   Annual service ( with grease tip) EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 10:47 pm

I'd like to do some M/X with that sled. R and Yank as riders............
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Annual service ( with grease tip)   Annual service ( with grease tip) EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 11:26 pm

ridepate wrote:
I'd like to do some M/X with that sled. R and Yank as riders............

affraid
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Annual service ( with grease tip)   Annual service ( with grease tip) Empty

Back to top Go down

Annual service ( with grease tip)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SouthernSxSRiders :: The Machines :: Yamaha-
Jump to: