SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cleaning your Ride

Go down 
+6
Admin
wvyankee2
shawnley1222
Clutch
BUZCLEV5
utlover
10 posters
AuthorMessage
utlover

utlover

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2008-01-27

Cleaning your Ride Empty
PostSubject: Cleaning your Ride   Cleaning your Ride EmptySat Mar 15, 2008 10:54 pm

Lets hear your secrets on how you get your Rhinos clean. What do you use to get all the nooks and crannies clean. Also what do you use to make it shine! I use armorall mixed with a little water to make mine shine . Just spray it on and let it dry.
Back to top Go down
BUZCLEV5

BUZCLEV5

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Cleaning your Ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleaning your Ride   Cleaning your Ride EmptySun Mar 16, 2008 12:29 am

I LIVE ON THE COOSA SO WHEN I GET HOME THE FIRST THING I DO IS RUN DOWN THE BOAT RAMP AND WASH ALL THE EXTRA MUD OFF THE UNDER SIDE THEN I TAKE A SMALL PRESSURE WASHER(I GOT A T LOWES ONLY 1300 PSI ELECTRIC) AND CLEAN THE REST OFF IF IT IS BAD I USE SUZUKI BIKE WASH IT IS ABOUT $35 A GAL BUT IT WORKS GREAT ON ALL THE SMALL STUFF THEN TO GET READY FOR THE NEXT RIDE I GET TRIM SHINE FROM ORILEY'S AT $3.50 OR SO A CAN AND USE THE WHOLE CAN ON EVERY THING! IT MAKES IT SO MUCH EASER TO CLEAN THE NEXT TIME AND LEAVES IT SHINEY BUT DO NOT!!! GET ON YOUR WINDSHIELD IT IS MESSY TO GET OFF.
Back to top Go down
Clutch

Clutch

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Cleaning your Ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleaning your Ride   Cleaning your Ride EmptySun Mar 16, 2008 8:32 am

Eagle One Tire and wheel cleaner. Spray it on and hose it off.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Cleaning your Ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleaning your Ride   Cleaning your Ride EmptySun Mar 16, 2008 8:51 am

5.00 at the car wash,3 blocks down the road.everything,but the camo finish.i spray it lightly or it will peal
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

Number of posts : 2745

Cleaning your Ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleaning your Ride   Cleaning your Ride EmptySun Mar 16, 2008 9:50 am

pressure washer and hose for the little stuff and for shine ill rub my hand where i want it to shine
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318

Cleaning your Ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleaning your Ride   Cleaning your Ride EmptySun Mar 16, 2008 12:08 pm

Stop at the carwash after every ride and knock off the heavy Dirt. Then when I get home, I will take a garden hose to the radiator until it runs clear. Remember to never take a pressure washer to your radiator. It WILL bend the fins in it cutting down your air flow. Once a month I'll hand wash it , and give it a coat of Plexus.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1435
Registration date : 2008-01-21

Cleaning your Ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleaning your Ride   Cleaning your Ride EmptySun Mar 16, 2008 6:33 pm

I pressure wash mine all the time..mine is painted and never chips or anything!!! bc if it did i would cry Sad
Back to top Go down
rcmass

rcmass

Number of posts : 999
Registration date : 2008-02-01

Cleaning your Ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleaning your Ride   Cleaning your Ride EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 11:22 am

power wash it! thats how I get all teh nooks and crannies!

forget the shine - its just going to get dirty again - and hopefully soon!

and no matter what you hear or read - the mud doesnt come off easier Wink
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

Cleaning your Ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleaning your Ride   Cleaning your Ride EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 11:33 am

rcmass wrote:
power wash it! thats how I get all teh nooks and crannies!

forget the shine - its just going to get dirty again - and hopefully soon!

and no matter what you hear or read - the mud doesnt come off easier Wink

same here i never shine mine just wipe my rims by hand w/ water and mud never comes off er and easy and you will never get it all ever Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

Cleaning your Ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleaning your Ride   Cleaning your Ride EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 3:44 pm

Mud does suck to get off. However, it is so much fun.

Now I can do this all day long:

Cleaning your Ride Brents020um5

And I can make it look like this every time with a garden hose, sop and armorall.

Cleaning your Ride Brents011it4

Last edited by Big-R on Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Cleaning your Ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleaning your Ride   Cleaning your Ride EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 9:41 pm

Well it Starts with a Pressure Washer with the Hood and Bed Opened then goes to water Hose for Radiator .Then it's on to Soap and Water for Final Cleaning.Then a good rub down with Armorall and 2 hours later you have a Clean Rhino Laughing
Back to top Go down
rcmass

rcmass

Number of posts : 999
Registration date : 2008-02-01

Cleaning your Ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleaning your Ride   Cleaning your Ride EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 10:16 pm

hose for radiator cleaning vs. power washer??? any reason...am I missing someting or can damage be donei w/ PW on radiator???
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

Cleaning your Ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleaning your Ride   Cleaning your Ride EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 10:24 pm

wvyankee2 wrote:
...Remember to never take a pressure washer to your radiator. It WILL bend the fins in it cutting down your air flow. ...

rcmass wrote:
hose for radiator cleaning vs. power washer??? any reason...am I missing someting or can damage be donei w/ PW on radiator???

thats what i read about PW to the radiator ^^^^in this thread just a few post up
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Cleaning your Ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleaning your Ride   Cleaning your Ride EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 12:25 am

What ever you do DON'T USE THE PRESSURE WASHER ON RADIATOR. it will bend your fins and then you have no air flow 😢 About or well then only thing to do is Buy New Radiator.I have also heard of others useing the pressure washer on theirs if they haven't bent them closed yet they are lucky.Even your spray nozzell can bend them if you have alot of pressure.Best to fan it out if useing nozzell or just take it off and let the water from hose go thru.Had a Friend i used to tell that to and he always told me naw it want hurt the finns Rolling Eyes well he found out different on a Trip he ended up with a long pull back to his Truck Laughing Hope this helps not a Mechanic but been there Saw that Laughing
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674

Cleaning your Ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleaning your Ride   Cleaning your Ride EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 1:29 am

I havent tried this before but I know a guy who wd 40s his on the critical and moving parts and he says this method keeps the mud from sticking as bad which would make sense. Not to crazy about the environmental impact this would have. I try to be conscientious about the environment, not as much as I should for sure, as we all should. When I do wash mine its pressure washed.
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318

Cleaning your Ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleaning your Ride   Cleaning your Ride EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 8:22 am

nocerisdave wrote:
I havent tried this before but I know a guy who wd 40s his on the critical and moving parts and he says this method keeps the mud from sticking as bad which would make sense. Not to crazy about the environmental impact this would have. I try to be conscientious about the environment, not as much as I should for sure, as we all should. When I do wash mine its pressure washed.

WD-40 does a great job of melting away the dirt and leaving a shine, but after it is on your machine it will start collecting dirt. What happens is if you reapply it without using a cleaner first like simple green, you end up getting a layer of wd-40, and a layer of dirt. It will build up making everything you work on, on your machine a mess. I know because I used it on my Jeep and was sorry I did.
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

Cleaning your Ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleaning your Ride   Cleaning your Ride EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 1:22 pm

wonder how well soakin it in simple green then hosin it out would work....have to do a better job then just water alone right?
Back to top Go down
LilSouthern

LilSouthern

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-03-18

Cleaning your Ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleaning your Ride   Cleaning your Ride EmptyFri Mar 21, 2008 7:53 am

After reading these posts, I guess I am lucky, I have a forklift and hook the front with a chain, stand it up on its tail gate and clean away with the pressure washer, we do all of our bikes like that.

We do spray the tire foam on all our bikes before we ride, the mud really does come off alot easier. But the trick to that is to at least take a water hose to it at the end of the day so it doesnt have time to dry and set to the plastic, then respray for the next days ride.

Cleaning your radiator with a pressure washer is a very delicate operation. The main thing you have to remember is to keep some distance from the flues of the radiator, but also to make sure the water spray from the nozzle hits them directly straight. They will bend over but if you are careful you can do it with a pressure washer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cleaning your Ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleaning your Ride   Cleaning your Ride Empty

Back to top Go down

Cleaning your Ride
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SouthernSxSRiders :: General :: General SidexSide Discussion-
Jump to: