Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalFAQRegisterLog in

Check Engine light jus came on ?? Help !!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mack McCormack

Mack McCormack

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2009-08-22

Check Engine light jus came on ?? Help !! Empty
PostSubject: Check Engine light jus came on ?? Help !!   Check Engine light jus came on ?? Help !! EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 8:39 pm

hello all,
asking for some feedback or suggestions on what could have caused my check engine light to come on this past weekend. This is what i know at this point; everything seems to be performing well, all fluid levels are good, no power loss an i have 180 miles on it since new ( 09 RZR LE ) . I changed out the ECM, PIPE, CLUTCH KIT all ITI performance products about 80 miles ago an havent had any light come on until this weekend. I went through the owners manual diagnostic test mode an it pulls up code# 56 & 26 ? 56 sounds like it may be fuel pump related , but dont know what #26 is ??

any ideas ??
Thanks
MC
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6264
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Check Engine light jus came on ?? Help !!   Check Engine light jus came on ?? Help !! EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 8:55 pm

What kind of ECM do you have? You still have your factory one? I would pop it back in, unhook the battery and hook it back up......start it up. It may just be a "glitch". That is where I would start.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
4x4pac

4x4pac

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2009-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Check Engine light jus came on ?? Help !!   Check Engine light jus came on ?? Help !! EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 8:58 pm

26 Vehicle Speed Sensor - Implausible

56 Pump Relay Open Load
Back to top Go down
http://www.4x4pac.com
Mack McCormack

Mack McCormack

PostSubject: Re: Check Engine light jus came on ?? Help !!   Check Engine light jus came on ?? Help !! EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 9:13 pm

Yes i do still have the stock ECM an the aftermarket one i have is ITI Performance. Does anyone know if there is a plug in on the RZR like a( cars OBD II sensor ) so u can clear the codes ??

MC
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Check Engine light jus came on ?? Help !!   Check Engine light jus came on ?? Help !! EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 9:42 pm

Mack, A little off the subject ,but hows the sound of the iTi pipe?? I'm looking at one and want some real feedback.
Thanks,
Jimbo

2013 Ranger XP-900 aka "Big-Green Tractor" SOLD
2010 Ranger XP-800 aka "Whitey" SOLD
2009 RZR-S SOLD
2007 Rhino 686 SOLD
2007 Rhino 450 SOLD
Blue-Cooler/White-Top member
SSXSR Member # 6
PIG FEEDER NATION
Back to top Go down
Mack McCormack

Mack McCormack

PostSubject: Re: Check Engine light jus came on ?? Help !!   Check Engine light jus came on ?? Help !! EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 10:18 pm

Ridepate,
The sound is great !!! deep, throaty sound . You can be found fairly easy in the woods if you get seperated from your klan !! The performance gain i thought was fairly big for the money vs. the mod. Doing the whole ITI Performance kit in which is pipe,ecm,clutch kit brought to life the whole power curve !! greatly expanded the lower end power and with jus me in it @ 200 lb it will 63 mph on top ! I dont know if thats good or bad , But have been pleased with the pkg as soon as i can get a grip on this check eng light.

MC
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Check Engine light jus came on ?? Help !!   Check Engine light jus came on ?? Help !! EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 10:34 pm

Thanks, Don't sound like what I want. I DONT want to be found in the woods..................I like all the iTi stuff, it's top-notch tho.

2013 Ranger XP-900 aka "Big-Green Tractor" SOLD
2010 Ranger XP-800 aka "Whitey" SOLD
2009 RZR-S SOLD
2007 Rhino 686 SOLD
2007 Rhino 450 SOLD
Blue-Cooler/White-Top member
SSXSR Member # 6
PIG FEEDER NATION
Back to top Go down
Mack McCormack

Mack McCormack

PostSubject: Re: Check Engine light jus came on ?? Help !!   Check Engine light jus came on ?? Help !! EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 9:50 pm

Hello All ,
Jus to let all know what i found out about the check engine lt ! With the aftermarket ECM, the code #26/ speed sensor was due to spinning the speedo past its normal rev- limit , and the open code on the fuel pump #56 was simpily not waiting 5 sec with the key on to start it up !! Apparentely the comuputer primes the pump an if u start to quickley it kicks out the code. Took the positive batt cable off for a minute an re-connected an light went out an all is good so far.Thanks for all of you'll's imput, Hope to meet u on the Trail someday !!!

MC
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6264
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Check Engine light jus came on ?? Help !!   Check Engine light jus came on ?? Help !! EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 10:10 pm

Good deal bud!
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Check Engine light jus came on ?? Help !!   Check Engine light jus came on ?? Help !! Empty

Back to top Go down

Check Engine light jus came on ?? Help !!
Page 1 of 1