SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Backwoods Funeral

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
2Slow4U
SSXSRider Member
2Slow4U

Number of posts : 1657
Registration date : 2009-05-18

Backwoods Funeral Empty
PostSubject: Backwoods Funeral   Backwoods Funeral EmptyThu Dec 24, 2009 10:32 am

As a bagpiper, I play many gigs. Recently I was asked by funeral director to play at a grave side service for a homeless man. He had no family or friends, so the service was to be at a pauper's cemetery in the Kentucky back-country.

As I was not familiar with the backwoods, I got lost; and being a typical man I didn't stop for directions. I finally arrived an hour late and saw the funeral guy had evidently gone and the hearse was nowhere in sight. There were only the diggers and
crew left and they were eating lunch.

I felt badly and apologized to the men for being late. I went to the side of the grave and looked down and the vault lid was already in place. I didn't know what else to do, so I started to play. The workers put down their lunches and began to gather around. I played out my heart and soul for this man with no family and friends. I played like I've never played before for this homeless man.

And as I played 'Amazing Grace,' the workers began to weep. They wept, I wept, we all wept together. When I finished I packed up my bagpipes and started for my car. Though my head hung low my heart was full. As I opened the door to my car, I heard one of the workers say, "Sweet Mother of Jesus, I never seen nothin' like that before and I've been putting in septic tanks for twenty years."
Back to top Go down
http://www.simpletractors.com
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

Backwoods Funeral Empty
PostSubject: Re: Backwoods Funeral   Backwoods Funeral EmptyThu Dec 24, 2009 11:09 am

Good one!
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
cajuncoot
SSXSRider Member
cajuncoot

Number of posts : 3773
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Backwoods Funeral Empty
PostSubject: Re: Backwoods Funeral   Backwoods Funeral EmptyThu Dec 24, 2009 1:44 pm

DAMN THAT IS A GREAT ONE KENT roflmao
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Backwoods Funeral Empty
PostSubject: Re: Backwoods Funeral   Backwoods Funeral Empty

Back to top Go down

Backwoods Funeral
Page 1 of 1