SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Madness has Struck

Go down 
+15
grizzlyrhino
MarkW
RZRS-EDGE
Z06-08
AIRBORNE
Rhino Rob
wvyankee2
Big-R
ChrisC
cajuncoot
Smith700
bush
GunRunner
Foxfire
RMEF Lifer
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
RMEF Lifer
SSXSRider Member
RMEF Lifer

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2009-12-22

Madness has Struck - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Madness has Struck   Madness has Struck - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 2:08 pm

Thanks all. I am stoked about it woo hoo Now I just gotta
1. Go ride
2. Chug
3. Get my name in orange
4. Chug
5. Go on a ride with this group
6. Chug
7. Add some stuff

did I mention Chug Smiles
Back to top Go down
MarkW
SSXSRider Member
MarkW

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2008-12-31

PostSubject: Re: Madness has Struck   Madness has Struck - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 4:32 pm

I like how you think..................

M
Back to top Go down
grizzlyrhino

grizzlyrhino

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2009-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Madness has Struck   Madness has Struck - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 5:40 pm

Sweet ride. I would prolly give up the Grizzly and the Rhino for an OM RZR S. Madness has Struck - Page 2 862438
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10319
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Madness has Struck   Madness has Struck - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 10:32 pm

RMEF Lifer wrote:
Thanks all. I am stoked about it woo hoo Now I just gotta
1. Go ride
2. Chug
3. Get my name in orange
4. Chug
5. Go on a ride with this group
6. Chug
7. Add some stuff

did I mention Chug Smiles

We welcome your arrival. Chug cheers
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

Number of posts : 5483
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Madness has Struck   Madness has Struck - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 11:34 pm

Great looking Machine..... cheers
Back to top Go down
Rhino Rob
SSXSRider Member
Rhino Rob

Number of posts : 2577
Registration date : 2009-01-25
Location : the home of the volunteers and port st joe tiger sharks

PostSubject: Re: Madness has Struck   Madness has Struck - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 5:35 am

woww that is a pretty machine,, good choice in the color and lets get to riding !
Back to top Go down
MPower
SSXSRider Member
MPower

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2009-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Madness has Struck   Madness has Struck - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 9:41 am

<----- X2. mine also had more miles on trip than the odo?.... oh well, its a polaris, cant expect it to be perfect. pot

just kidding, so far i'm liking it.
Back to top Go down
cajuncoot
SSXSRider Member
cajuncoot

Number of posts : 3773
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Madness has Struck   Madness has Struck - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 10:34 am

Bottoms Up drive Chug you will fit right in!!
Back to top Go down
RMEF Lifer
SSXSRider Member
RMEF Lifer

PostSubject: Madness is now Broken   Madness has Struck - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 9:36 pm

Thought I'd post an update (with pics) ...

I started adding some accessories looking forward to my first outing with the Orange machine ...
  • Polaris Lock & Ride Windshield
  • Polaris Lock & Ride cargo Box
  • Polaris dash block-off kit
  • Polaris glove box (real PITA to install)
  • EMP Cooter Brown top
  • Rocky Mt ATV rear window (cheap as dirt ... thank gawd I had it).

Looking at the forecast for the weekend, I changed my plans around and went to Carolina Adventure World to break the beast in ... little did I know I would actually be breaking it ...

The trails were sloppy as all get out. They had been through a lot of freeze thaw cycles in the last couple of weeks and they were muddy with a capital M. I had heard that the RZR-S models were bad about slinging mud, but my God!!!! affraid I can't recall getting so muddy on an ATV! The windshield, roof, and rear window were excellent buys!!! By the time the day was over, everything in the bed had 4-5 inches of mud on it, the battery compartment under the seat was filled with mud, you could not see the ECM for the mud, and there was 2-3 inches of it in the floorboards ... I poo you not! I don't wallow in the mud, but try to avoid deep holes .. this was just from the surface of the trails.

Here are a few pics from lunch stop (after about 9 miles of riding) ...

Madness has Struck - Page 2 20100116_00_1

Madness has Struck - Page 2 20100116_01_1

Madness has Struck - Page 2 20100116_02_1

After lunch, my girlfriend convinced me to step up the trail difficulty a bit ... and we did. The trails we next ran got narrower and tougher with a couple of nasty hill climbs. They wouldn't have been that bad except for the mud. I could hardly walk them but the RZR most definitely Giterdone As we getting back to more sane trails, I started smelling oil and something getting warm. I couldn't find anything, but took it easy for a while.

After that trail, I started heading back to the truck realizing I had about 4 hours of cleaning ahead of me. As I got on one of the service roads and gassed it, and was immediately presented with a horrendously squirrely ride. On the gas, the rig tried to go left hard ... and hard right off the gas ... WTF I knew immediately what had happened ... #$@!& I thought Polaris had fixed that .. I stopped and found the left rear half shaft out of the differential
Madness has Struck - Page 2 20100116_03_1
After a few minutes, I was able to get it back in and limp to the trailer.

So, I can now say that is does not appear that Po-Po had the axle issue fixed in the 2010 S models built by 9/30/09. I'll be calling the stealership on Monday ...

Now, I gotta work on slowing down some of the mud flying issues. Any suggestions?

I can say that I'm probably gonna sell my quad ... I don't think I want to give up this ride. The dam thing just floated over the bumps .. even when there was enough mud in it to compress the suspension about an inch and a half.

It took me almost 4 hours of cleaning to get it "reasonably" clean ... almost forgot how good Simple Green cuts through stuff ....
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10319

PostSubject: Re: Madness has Struck   Madness has Struck - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 9:52 pm

Good write up with pics Sam. I'm sure some of the RZR guys here will give you some tips on staying cleaner. Sorry about the axle. it's always good when it happens under warranty though.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Madness has Struck   Madness has Struck - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 10:09 pm

Sam, you can't be right about the axle.... Gunny said it was a non issue for the 2010's so you must be mistaken!!!!! Madness has Struck - Page 2 13435 Madness has Struck - Page 2 13435 Madness has Struck - Page 2 13435

Nice pics. I am glad you had a good time.

The axle thing is not that big of a deal. It is the air box that could get one really mad Mad But Gunny said that is fix too so I would not worry about it either.
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

Number of posts : 6141
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Madness has Struck   Madness has Struck - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 10:58 pm

great write up RMEF Lifer. the S is looking great. hate to hear about the axle trouble. hope they get you riding again soon.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bushrhino
RMEF Lifer
SSXSRider Member
RMEF Lifer

PostSubject: Re: Madness has Struck   Madness has Struck - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 8:30 am

I am not that upset about the axle, it is just I get tired of the fact that it seems more and more that if you want something done right, you have to do it yourself. Hell, if it's built by man, it can be repaired by man. It is just a PITA when stupid stuff happens.

Looking forward to meeting a lot of you guys on the trails.
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296

PostSubject: Re: Madness has Struck   Madness has Struck - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 10:13 am

The axal issue was on the first run of 09 S, after that no body ive read about has had a problem till now. Far as the mud slingin, its the big horns, the shovel it up into the bed, buy the large mud flaps at a parts store and mount under the rear of the bed to stop most of it
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
RMEF Lifer
SSXSRider Member
RMEF Lifer

PostSubject: Re: Madness has Struck   Madness has Struck - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 10:35 am

Thanks gunny. I figured that the addition of carefully placed mud flaps would do it. I will also need some for the front. A lot of the mud that landed in my lap came from the front tires ....
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296

PostSubject: Re: Madness has Struck   Madness has Struck - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 10:42 am

some of us run them on all four corners as well.
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

Number of posts : 5483
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Madness has Struck   Madness has Struck - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 12:38 am

RMEF Lifer , Mud flaps will cure 75% of your mud problem.
go to the RZR forum , and look for ChrisC's RZR thread ,
and look how i did it.

You want the large truck mud flaps from autozone or pep boys.
there about 12 bucks a pair. and you will stay clean.

Chris.... allright
Back to top Go down
RMEF Lifer
SSXSRider Member
RMEF Lifer

PostSubject: Re: Madness has Struck   Madness has Struck - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 8:05 am

Thanks Chris ... I will take a look.
Back to top Go down
Clayboy
SSXSRider Member
Clayboy

Number of posts : 1861

PostSubject: Re: Madness has Struck   Madness has Struck - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 1:26 pm

Here is where I placed some extra mud protection that does help quiet a bit.
Madness has Struck - Page 2 2010_010

Madness has Struck - Page 2 2010_011
Back to top Go down
RMEF Lifer
SSXSRider Member
RMEF Lifer

PostSubject: Re: Madness has Struck   Madness has Struck - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 2:32 pm

Thanks Clayboy. That second pic is what I was needing.
Back to top Go down
Clayboy
SSXSRider Member
Clayboy

Number of posts : 1861

PostSubject: Re: Madness has Struck   Madness has Struck - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 2:54 pm

RMEF Lifer wrote:
Thanks Clayboy. That second pic is what I was needing.

Madness has Struck - Page 2 2010_011

"MUD WINGS" thatsright thatsright
Back to top Go down
RMEF Lifer
SSXSRider Member
RMEF Lifer

PostSubject: Re: Madness has Struck   Madness has Struck - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 8:44 am

Clayboy wrote:

"MUD WINGS" thatsright thatsright

Ahhhh ... Red Bull for RZRs?
Back to top Go down
RMEF Lifer
SSXSRider Member
RMEF Lifer

PostSubject: Re: Madness has Struck   Madness has Struck - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 8:36 am

Update on the axle .... dealer took both axles out, flushed the diff, and reassembled. Then pulled both axles out and reassembled again. The force to R&R both axles was the same and Polaris told the dealer that they have had no issues with 2010s, so the best guess is incomplete assembly on the line (go figure). I've been know to foul up an anvil thatsright , so here's hoping that the axle was simply a fluke.
Back to top Go down
RMEF Lifer
SSXSRider Member
RMEF Lifer

PostSubject: Updateed   Madness has Struck - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 7:15 pm

I figured it was time to provide some updates on the S. I have added some stuff and I have stuff in place to add before Brimstone in April.

I have added (visible in pics below)
  • Simpson D3 Harnesses with sternum clips
  • EMP front bumper
  • Viper Max 4000 winch with synthetic rope
  • Mud flaps at rear of front flares and front of rear flares
  • Rear window from "bulletbusiness" on eBay
  • Sezmick (prolly spelled that wrong) rear view mirror
  • CamLock parking brake

I put the winch switch under the dash and the remote plug on the left side of the dash. I have also added the Holz Racing harness straps that keep the shoulder straps from spreading on the cross tube and a Mega 300 amp fuse on the hot lead of the winch line (these are not visible in the pics).

Before Brimstone, I will add more mud flaps to the rear edge of the back fenders with plastic I have at the house. I may also attenpt front flare extensions (towards the front bumper) just to keep a bit more mud off. I also have a gas can and rack from Bulldog ATV to install and Ricochet skids and a-arm guards.

Now for pics

In this picture, you can clearly see the front bumper and winch.
Madness has Struck - Page 2 20100321_01

Here is a good shot of the Simpson D3 harnesses and the rear window.
Madness has Struck - Page 2 20100321_02

In this picture, you can see the mud flaps, rear window, and the winch remote port to the left of the steering wheel.
Madness has Struck - Page 2 20100321_03

Here you can see the winch switch attached at the bottom of the dash below the factory toggles and the CamLock parking brake below the steering wheel .... well you can kinda see it.
Madness has Struck - Page 2 20100321_04

But now it seems I have a new passenger wanting to ride ... just have to figure out how to secure her in the harnesses roflmao

Madness has Struck - Page 2 20100319_16

Madness has Struck - Page 2 20100319_14
Back to top Go down
loosenut
SSXSRider Member
loosenut

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2009-09-26

PostSubject: Re: Madness has Struck   Madness has Struck - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 7:31 pm

FENDER FLARES ARE OVER RATED!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Madness has Struck   Madness has Struck - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Madness has Struck
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next