SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

450 and hill climbing

Go down 
+7
Big-R
Mud-and-Guts
MarkW
2Slow4U
AIRBORNE
Rhino Rob
grizzlyrhino
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Woodtick
SSXSRider Member
Woodtick

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2008-11-15

450 and hill climbing - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 450 and hill climbing   450 and hill climbing - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 3:39 pm

I have no doubt that Gunny saw what he said he saw. I have NO reason to think he'd post bad dope on ANYTHING. He's one of the more knowledgeable guys around on ATV's / UTV's. I own a 2009, 450 Rhino and pull a 44 inch trail mower with it at 3 miles an hour to mow about 4+ or so acre's at my pal's farm and deer hunting camp. Mowing at such slow speeds during really hot weather like that almost cooks your brains too. Not fast enough to get much of a breeze. My cooling fan kicks on every few mins. But that is what it's supposed to do, right? My high temp warning light has NEVER come on nor have I seen any sign my Rhino was overheating at all. Sure don't mean one won't. Just means that mine hasn't YET. Now with the kind of luck I have, after bragging on mine, I'll probably have a freaking meltdown next time I ride! 450 and hill climbing - Page 2 13435 450 and hill climbing - Page 2 13435
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: 450 and hill climbing   450 and hill climbing - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 4:23 pm

I have seen more 450's overheat than 660's on the trail. I do believe that it was just coincidence. Then 450's and 660's use the same radiator, and we all know that the 660's put out more heat to cool. I believe that most all overheating problems on Rhinos are from radiators that were not completely cleaned on previous rides. They do take some effort to get a hose in there and get them completely clean. Mine has never overheated.
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
SSXSRider Member
Mud-and-Guts

Number of posts : 1839
Registration date : 2008-09-22

PostSubject: Re: 450 and hill climbing   450 and hill climbing - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 10:43 pm

Mine is a 450 and has only over heated on one occasion, that was when it was 95+ degrees outside rock crawling going maybe 5mph in a rough a$$ creek bed and the cooling fan failed. Not to mention the area of the radiator behind the fan was completely clogged.... That was when I made the radiator cleaner out of copper pipe, which works much better than the spout on the garden hose to keep it clean.

Now after every ride I clean the radiator thoroughly instead of hosing it off..
Back to top Go down
http://www.mudandgutsoffroad.org/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 450 and hill climbing   450 and hill climbing - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

450 and hill climbing
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2