Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!


 
GalleryHomePortalFAQRegisterLog in

Share
 

 Polaris Ranger 800 XP ( Not RZR)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tim4trax

avatar

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2010-01-22
Age : 47
Location : Ohio

Polaris Ranger 800 XP ( Not RZR) Empty
PostSubject: Polaris Ranger 800 XP ( Not RZR)   Polaris Ranger 800 XP ( Not RZR) EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 4:59 pm

From what I have seen on the Web you guys are the best to help me out. I am a life time ATVer and getting ready to buy an new 800 XP but I am starting to have some concerns because all of you have RZRs or Rhino's. Are the XPs a problem on the trails for you guys or is this just a personal preference ??
I live in southern Ohio and love to ride the Hatfield Mccoy trails, and others in the neighboring states. It's just that my wife wants to join me now out on the trails and has her mind set on the XP model. My 9 year old son rides with us as well so this is a family thing for us. Maybe we can meet up with you guys sometime in the spring or this summer.
Thanks in advance for everyones input on this subject matter and helping me make the best choice for my family. Ride safe, and look forward to seeing you all out there soon !!!
Tim4trax
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5293
Registration date : 2008-01-22
Age : 65
Location : North Georgia,

Polaris Ranger 800 XP ( Not RZR) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Polaris Ranger 800 XP ( Not RZR)   Polaris Ranger 800 XP ( Not RZR) EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 5:12 pm

The ranger holds 3, but its a bench seat setup so unless you get the new rzr 4 seater then thats youre best choice. You dont want a rzr or rhino and try strapping youre kid in the back. The new rzr 4 would be the best choice for a great trail machine with real seats for 3 people. The xp is trail worthy too just not as good imo for three people as you all would be crammed together on the one bench seat.
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
Rhino Rob
SSXSRider Member
Rhino Rob

Number of posts : 2577
Registration date : 2009-01-25
Age : 57
Location : the home of the volunteers and port st joe tiger sharks

Polaris Ranger 800 XP ( Not RZR) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Polaris Ranger 800 XP ( Not RZR)   Polaris Ranger 800 XP ( Not RZR) EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 5:20 pm

personal preference , nuthing wrong with any of the side by sides, just get one that suits your needs.
oh all the chatter is a bunch of BS by guys that dont drive dodges. lol
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5293
Registration date : 2008-01-22
Age : 65
Location : North Georgia,

Polaris Ranger 800 XP ( Not RZR) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Polaris Ranger 800 XP ( Not RZR)   Polaris Ranger 800 XP ( Not RZR) EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 5:22 pm

Rhino Rob wrote:
personal preference , nuthing wrong with any of the side by sides, just get one that suits your needs.
oh all the chatter is a bunch of BS by guys that dont drive dodges. lol

Drive Dodges? Does anybody? I thought they went out of business thatsright Oh, i forgot my tax dollars saved them for awhile roflmao
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23
Age : 58
Location : 1st join date- 1/22/2008- North Ga.

Polaris Ranger 800 XP ( Not RZR) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Polaris Ranger 800 XP ( Not RZR)   Polaris Ranger 800 XP ( Not RZR) EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 6:50 pm

Tim4trax wrote:
From what I have seen on the Web you guys are the best to help me out. I am a life time ATVer and getting ready to buy an new 800 XP but I am starting to have some concerns because all of you have RZRs or Rhino's. Are the XPs a problem on the trails for you guys or is this just a personal preference ??
I live in southern Ohio and love to ride the Hatfield Mccoy trails, and others in the neighboring states. It's just that my wife wants to join me now out on the trails and has her mind set on the XP model. My 9 year old son rides with us as well so this is a family thing for us. Maybe we can meet up with you guys sometime in the spring or this summer.
Thanks in advance for everyones input on this subject matter and helping me make the best choice for my family. Ride safe, and look forward to seeing you all out there soon !!!
Tim4trax

Welcome Tim.
I switched from a RZR-S to a XP-800 for just the reasons you mentioned. The bench seat is fine and roomy for two adults and a kid. Three adults might be tight. Theres is pleanty of room to haul all the kid-related stuff, whereas the RZR-4, yes, you can take three buddies to help-push it home and get un-high-centered, but it still has no room for much gear. The XP will go anywhere all the others will and you won't get covered with mud either........ roflmao

_________________
Went back in time....07 Rhino 660....
2016 Polaris General???? Or 2016 Pioneer 1000-3EPS??
2014 Kawasaki Teryx T2 SOLD
2013 Ranger XP-900 aka "Big-Green Tractor" SOLD
2010 Ranger XP-800 aka "Whitey" SOLD
2009 RZR-S SOLD
2007 Rhino 686 SOLD
2007 Rhino 450 SOLD
Blue-Cooler/White-Top member
SSXSR Member # 6
PIG FEEDER NATION
Back to top Go down
2Slow4U
SSXSRider Member
2Slow4U

Number of posts : 1657
Registration date : 2009-05-18
Age : 67
Location : Sevierville, Tennessee

Polaris Ranger 800 XP ( Not RZR) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Polaris Ranger 800 XP ( Not RZR)   Polaris Ranger 800 XP ( Not RZR) EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 7:38 pm

GunRunner wrote:
Rhino Rob wrote:
personal preference , nuthing wrong with any of the side by sides, just get one that suits your needs.
oh all the chatter is a bunch of BS by guys that dont drive dodges. lol

Drive Dodges? Does anybody? I thought they went out of business thatsright Oh, i forgot my tax dollars saved them for awhile roflmao

Do you have Dodge confused with GM (Government Motors)? Dodge is now an American Fiat...
Back to top Go down
http://www.simpletractors.com
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26
Age : 46
Location : Louisville,Ky

Polaris Ranger 800 XP ( Not RZR) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Polaris Ranger 800 XP ( Not RZR)   Polaris Ranger 800 XP ( Not RZR) EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 8:45 pm

Welcome Tim,

The XP is starting to take off with the Trail riders. For the longest time we thought 60+ " was too wide for the woods. WE were wrong. I think the XP is what you are looking for. It is a fine machine.

_________________
I Just Want To Go Fast

14 RZR XP 900 4
2012 Teryx 4
11 RZR XP 900 sold
08 RZR S 820 sold
08 Rhino 700EFI sold
2013 Teryx 4 LE sold

Lucky Rabbit Foot Key Chain Club
Red Rhino keychain club  

SouthernSxSRider Member # 1
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10317
Registration date : 2008-01-22
Age : 58
Location : Cabell Co., West Virginia

Polaris Ranger 800 XP ( Not RZR) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Polaris Ranger 800 XP ( Not RZR)   Polaris Ranger 800 XP ( Not RZR) EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 8:52 pm

Welcome Tim. Glad you joined us. Good luck with the new purchase. welcome2
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

Number of posts : 6019
Registration date : 2008-06-06
Age : 35
Location : Castlewood VA

Polaris Ranger 800 XP ( Not RZR) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Polaris Ranger 800 XP ( Not RZR)   Polaris Ranger 800 XP ( Not RZR) EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 9:04 pm

if i was needing to haul more than what the rzr will haul i would get the 800XP. i almost got one when i bought the S but i known if i did not get another rzr i would miss the speed. the rzr just fits my needs better because 90% of the time it is just me in the rzr. but i may buy a XP in a few years to use on the farm and for long rides if i need to haul more stuff. the ranger will do you well.

let me know when you head down to the H/M trails and we will get together and ride. i will show you the free trails that are around the H/M trails know as the wagon wheel or outlaw trails. allright

_________________
Sworn to protect your @ss not kiss it.

Polaris Ranger 800 XP ( Not RZR) FIRE3
Polaris Ranger 800 XP ( Not RZR) Vic37l10

Lucky Rabbit Foot Key Chain Club
Conference Committee member
SSXSR Member # 55

2015 rzr 4 900
2012 silver rzrS  sold
2010 orange madness rzrS  sold
2009 orange rzr le  crashed
2004 rhino  sold

https://www.youtube.com/bushrhino
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bushrhino
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

Number of posts : 6060
Registration date : 2008-04-01
Age : 68
Location : Bristol, Wisconsin

Polaris Ranger 800 XP ( Not RZR) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Polaris Ranger 800 XP ( Not RZR)   Polaris Ranger 800 XP ( Not RZR) EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 9:16 pm

welcome2 Tim.....XP is a great machine. You should love it. Don't let its width scare ya, my machine is 60" and it never stopped me from getting any where Exclamation
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674
Registration date : 2008-01-22
Age : 53
Location : Laceys Spring AL

Polaris Ranger 800 XP ( Not RZR) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Polaris Ranger 800 XP ( Not RZR)   Polaris Ranger 800 XP ( Not RZR) EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 10:02 pm

Welcome Tim.
I switched from a RZR-S to a XP-800 for just the reasons you mentioned. The bench seat is fine and roomy for two adults and a kid. Three adults might be tight. Theres is pleanty of room to haul all the kid-related stuff, whereas the RZR-4, yes, you can take three buddies to help-push it home and get un-high-centered, but it still has no room for much gear. The XP will go anywhere all the others will and you won't get covered with mud either........ roflmao[/quote]


suspect
Back to top Go down
Showtime

avatar

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2009-02-10
Age : 58
Location : Davidsonville, MD

Polaris Ranger 800 XP ( Not RZR) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Polaris Ranger 800 XP ( Not RZR)   Polaris Ranger 800 XP ( Not RZR) EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 10:23 am

The only reason you dont hear as much about the XP is because of the trend. First it was the RZR with these guys, then the S was the only way to go, and now some are stepping back and looking at what will work for them!!!!. A few on this site have tried many models and brands over the last 18 months, and have seemed to settle into what works for THEM. Seems like an 800 XP will give most folks the best balance of performance, comfort and all around use if you carry a passanger and gear, or want something that can do some actual work. I have always been on motocross bikes, woods and mostly tracks, so the move for me into an 08 RZR was a big change. A friend purchased an 07 Ranger and we all laughed and called it a golf cart untill we got it into the woods!!! WOW I was impressed and ready to purchase one. Went to the dealer and saw the 08 RZR and liked the look and extra HP. So I bought it. However, we have ridden many places in Tenn and WW with both in the group and that 700 Ranger holds its own with 3 people and gear. There is a difference in a RZR, RZR S and an XP 800, not to mention COST FOR EACH, and if anyone thinks there is not, then they have not ridden all of them, or they are full of shit. With these SXS machines there will always be something you give up to have something else more suited to your needs. So be honest about what is the MOST important to YOU and get the machine that fits. Try not to get caught up with what everyone else likes. But if you want a machine that will do everything you have described well and the 60" width works for you, then I think it is the XP 800.
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23
Age : 58
Location : 1st join date- 1/22/2008- North Ga.

Polaris Ranger 800 XP ( Not RZR) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Polaris Ranger 800 XP ( Not RZR)   Polaris Ranger 800 XP ( Not RZR) EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 8:25 pm

Showtime wrote:
The only reason you dont hear as much about the XP is because of the trend. First it was the RZR with these guys, then the S was the only way to go, and now some are stepping back and looking at what will work for them!!!!. A few on this site have tried many models and brands over the last 18 months, and have seemed to settle into what works for THEM. Seems like an 800 XP will give most folks the best balance of performance, comfort and all around use if you carry a passanger and gear, or want something that can do some actual work. I have always been on motocross bikes, woods and mostly tracks, so the move for me into an 08 RZR was a big change. A friend purchased an 07 Ranger and we all laughed and called it a golf cart untill we got it into the woods!!! WOW I was impressed and ready to purchase one. Went to the dealer and saw the 08 RZR and liked the look and extra HP. So I bought it. However, we have ridden many places in Tenn and WW with both in the group and that 700 Ranger holds its own with 3 people and gear. There is a difference in a RZR, RZR S and an XP 800, not to mention COST FOR EACH, and if anyone thinks there is not, then they have not ridden all of them, or they are full of shit. With these SXS machines there will always be something you give up to have something else more suited to your needs. So be honest about what is the MOST important to YOU and get the machine that fits. Try not to get caught up with what everyone else likes. But if you want a machine that will do everything you have described well and the 60" width works for you, then I think it is the XP 800.

All good points. Good post man.

_________________
Went back in time....07 Rhino 660....
2016 Polaris General???? Or 2016 Pioneer 1000-3EPS??
2014 Kawasaki Teryx T2 SOLD
2013 Ranger XP-900 aka "Big-Green Tractor" SOLD
2010 Ranger XP-800 aka "Whitey" SOLD
2009 RZR-S SOLD
2007 Rhino 686 SOLD
2007 Rhino 450 SOLD
Blue-Cooler/White-Top member
SSXSR Member # 6
PIG FEEDER NATION
Back to top Go down
Tim4trax

avatar

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2010-01-22
Age : 47
Location : Ohio

Polaris Ranger 800 XP ( Not RZR) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Polaris Ranger 800 XP ( Not RZR)   Polaris Ranger 800 XP ( Not RZR) EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 5:40 pm

Thanks for all the advise from everyone. All really good points and backs up my thoughts on the subject matter. I'm as excited as a kid in a candy store thinking about getting out there and riding my new ranger.
Always have owned"Honda" since I was 4 so the brand change is going to be a bit scary for me. But change can be good sometimes I guess !!!!! Thats what they keep on telling us at work all the time !!!!!!
welcome perfect10
Hope to maybe meet some of you out on the trail this summer. I will try to stay in contact, and will send pics of my new ride when I get it. Thanks again, be safe, work hard,ride often. The key to a good life!!!!!! RZR
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Polaris Ranger 800 XP ( Not RZR) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Polaris Ranger 800 XP ( Not RZR)   Polaris Ranger 800 XP ( Not RZR) Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Polaris Ranger 800 XP ( Not RZR)
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» 2006 & 02 Polaris Ranger + several other Popo''s & 1 Yamaha
» Finally 09 Ranger RZR Stealth Black
» Polaris introducing flat-proof "airless" tires
» Air Suspension in the Tennessee Mountains
» 2011 Polaris Ranger 800 xp LE Orange Crush

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SouthernSxSRiders :: General :: General SidexSide Discussion-
Jump to: