SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Question on Teryx - engine braking/downhill control

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Stench
SSXSRider Member
Stench

Number of posts : 424
Registration date : 2010-01-26

Question on Teryx - engine braking/downhill control Empty
PostSubject: Question on Teryx - engine braking/downhill control   Question on Teryx - engine braking/downhill control EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 3:52 am

I've only driven one Teryx, and it was a 2008 rental with 3K miles. I liked the unit overall, even though you could tell it had lived a hard life! It had absolutely no engine braking and the brakes weren't great either! I didn't know until later that the braking system was probably bypassed or just plain broken.

I've read a few descriptions on how the engine braking works, but I'd like to hear from those in the know how it really performs.

I have an Arctic Cat TRV right now that I can put in low, 4wd, and literally walk beside of as it crawls down a hill on its own.....that's what I'd like in a UTV! Laughing

I'd have a Prowler in a heartbeat...but I have a toyhauler that will hold everything up thru a Teryx...Prowler is about an inch too high and two inches too long! scratch
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Question on Teryx - engine braking/downhill control   Question on Teryx - engine braking/downhill control EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 11:20 am

Kawasaki has a decent ebs, its electrically operated at least it is on the brute force, id say the one you had had a stretched belt or the system wasn't working.
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2713
Registration date : 2009-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Question on Teryx - engine braking/downhill control   Question on Teryx - engine braking/downhill control EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 3:23 pm

yep kawi has a sealed wet brake in the rear diff. and works about as good as the yamaha's ultramatic so yea it sounds like plates were wore out from whatever........but on a new teryx the engine braking would be great as the yamaha-artic cat-but maybe not as good as the polaris lol!
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Question on Teryx - engine braking/downhill control   Question on Teryx - engine braking/downhill control EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 7:16 pm

You get the right setup in the RZR and you have the same effect as a stock Rhino. Trust me......it can be done. The Rhino is awesome for engine braking, but now that I have my S set up right, I have total confidence to go anywhere. I cannot comment on the TERYX EBS, but it is a fine machine with PLENTY of power to spare.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2713
Registration date : 2009-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Question on Teryx - engine braking/downhill control   Question on Teryx - engine braking/downhill control EmptyFri Jan 29, 2010 11:51 am

yep you are right airborne-if you get a S set up right they are very good......but wasnt the 09-10 rzr's had worst engine braking than the 08 models.........but yes the teryx has as good of engine braking as the rhino...a guy in ouur riding group has one and it is great
Back to top Go down
Stench
SSXSRider Member
Stench

Number of posts : 424
Registration date : 2010-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Question on Teryx - engine braking/downhill control   Question on Teryx - engine braking/downhill control EmptyFri Jan 29, 2010 5:46 pm

Thanks guys...narrowed it down to RZR or Teryx, just looking for right deal now!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question on Teryx - engine braking/downhill control   Question on Teryx - engine braking/downhill control Empty

Back to top Go down

Question on Teryx - engine braking/downhill control
Page 1 of 1