SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pitt Bull Let down

Go down 
+5
Rhino Rob
bush
Mud-and-Guts
tim
GunRunner
9 posters
AuthorMessage
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Pitt Bull Let down Empty
PostSubject: Pitt Bull Let down   Pitt Bull Let down EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 2:54 pm

I just found a Pic of the new 26.5 Pittbull rocker in a pic next to a 26'' bighorn. I really thought i would be impressed with the tire but its kind of a let down. Size is the same and if you look at the tread design its very similar in style. Now I would buy it over a bighorn any day because of the rim guard and 8 ply but at the substantially higher price I just cant see it anymore. No Im sticking with my XTR'S

Pitt Bull Let down 26_5_r10
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
tim
SSXSRider Member
tim

Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Pitt Bull Let down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pitt Bull Let down   Pitt Bull Let down EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 5:23 pm

That stinks.
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
SSXSRider Member
Mud-and-Guts

Number of posts : 1839
Registration date : 2008-09-22

Pitt Bull Let down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pitt Bull Let down   Pitt Bull Let down EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 5:31 pm

Those do look a little alike... But,

I got to say I like the looks of the Rocker better than the Big Horny...

I do wish all the manufacturers would get the sizing right.. It is bull to buy a 26inch tire and find it measure's anywhere from 25-27.... A tire should measure its correct size... my .02
Back to top Go down
http://www.mudandgutsoffroad.org/
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

Number of posts : 6141
Registration date : 2008-06-06

Pitt Bull Let down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pitt Bull Let down   Pitt Bull Let down EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 5:54 pm

the tire will grow once it is mounted and has air in it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bushrhino
Rhino Rob
SSXSRider Member
Rhino Rob

Number of posts : 2577
Registration date : 2009-01-25
Location : the home of the volunteers and port st joe tiger sharks

Pitt Bull Let down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pitt Bull Let down   Pitt Bull Let down EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 7:27 pm

i like the looks of the rocker and i say it would be a great all around tire at brimstone. Gunny what is the price difference between the rocker and bighorn, any weight difference also ?

I have practically new BHs so i am not in the market for any tires, but,,,,,down the road.
Back to top Go down
roamerr
SSXSRider Member
roamerr

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2008-02-04

Pitt Bull Let down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pitt Bull Let down   Pitt Bull Let down EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 8:01 pm

They do not look alike to me. The Big Horn has more lugs near the edge and does not have the "quick wearing" hollowed out lugs.

I like the idea of 8ply but am not sure that means much. In 2008 I replaced 11 ripped tires over approx 2700 miles of riding around 2 weekends a month in WV. That is a stupid high number of ripped tires -- all but 3 ripped in the sidewall. I switched to 25" bighorns on my Can-am and Rhino along with Beadlocks on the Rhino. I now run the Can-am at 4psi and the Rhino at 6psi front and 7psi back. Since that change I have replaced zero ripped tires. The bighorns are starting to look like they went through a knife fight but still hold air with no plugs. Maybe it's just luck that I have not had to replace a BigHorn but I definitely had some awful luck in 2008.

This is what I mean by "ripped". A rock cut the top (nearest tread) of the tire then when it went flat the rim edge cut the part closest the rim. The XTR may have done better at 7psi but would not stay on the rim below 10psi without beadlocks (resetting a bead in 14F temps sucks bad!).

Pitt Bull Let down 2008-12-03202410

As for the XTR's I lost 2 due to a rock cutting the 6" gap between lugs. That is a great gap for mud but the rubber compound is way too soft and "cuttable" for that wide of tread spacing. The WV rocks can be like knifes and will just slice that gap. The BigHorn's have a significant advantage in sharp rocks with the higher side lug density.
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Number of posts : 7708
Registration date : 2009-10-01

Pitt Bull Let down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pitt Bull Let down   Pitt Bull Let down EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 8:36 pm

bush wrote:

That is what I tell my wife!!!
Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318

Pitt Bull Let down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pitt Bull Let down   Pitt Bull Let down EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 8:41 pm

bush wrote:

Yep, and the Bighorn 26 is actually 26.7".
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

Number of posts : 6141
Registration date : 2008-06-06

Pitt Bull Let down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pitt Bull Let down   Pitt Bull Let down EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 10:43 pm

wvyankee2 wrote:
bush wrote:

Yep, and the Bighorn 26 is actually 26.7".

thats true, the bighors do run big. so the rockers may be right on with sizing.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bushrhino
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

Number of posts : 5483
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Pitt Bull Let down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pitt Bull Let down   Pitt Bull Let down EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 1:33 am

Bummer..... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296

Pitt Bull Let down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pitt Bull Let down   Pitt Bull Let down EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 9:56 am

As far as price, I priced 2 sets of the 25.5 growlers and they were over 650.00 with shipping and the dealer said the 8 ply rockers in 26.5 would run 8-10% more. Ive heard they are a good bit heavier than most comparable tires too.
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
Sponsored content

Pitt Bull Let down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pitt Bull Let down   Pitt Bull Let down Empty

Back to top Go down

Pitt Bull Let down
Page 1 of 1