SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Welcome peanut, Rocco, JD, bancroft redneck, KY. Colonel, vrodrex, wingshootr, BIG D, gullyjumper

Go down 
+8
KY. Colonel
CaptMorgansgirl
Gimpy
Rhino Rob
ChrisC
Big-R
cajuncoot
wvyankee2
12 posters
AuthorMessage
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Welcome peanut, Rocco, JD, bancroft redneck, KY. Colonel, vrodrex, wingshootr, BIG D, gullyjumper Empty
PostSubject: Welcome peanut, Rocco, JD, bancroft redneck, KY. Colonel, vrodrex, wingshootr, BIG D, gullyjumper   Welcome peanut, Rocco, JD, bancroft redneck, KY. Colonel, vrodrex, wingshootr, BIG D, gullyjumper EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 8:55 pm

Welcome everyone to the SouthernSxSRiders forum. Been a lot of new folks lately. Glad you joined us. welcome2
Back to top Go down
cajuncoot
SSXSRider Member
cajuncoot

Number of posts : 3773
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Welcome peanut, Rocco, JD, bancroft redneck, KY. Colonel, vrodrex, wingshootr, BIG D, gullyjumper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome peanut, Rocco, JD, bancroft redneck, KY. Colonel, vrodrex, wingshootr, BIG D, gullyjumper   Welcome peanut, Rocco, JD, bancroft redneck, KY. Colonel, vrodrex, wingshootr, BIG D, gullyjumper EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 11:00 pm

welcome2
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Welcome peanut, Rocco, JD, bancroft redneck, KY. Colonel, vrodrex, wingshootr, BIG D, gullyjumper   Welcome peanut, Rocco, JD, bancroft redneck, KY. Colonel, vrodrex, wingshootr, BIG D, gullyjumper EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 12:13 am

welcome2
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

Number of posts : 5483
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Welcome peanut, Rocco, JD, bancroft redneck, KY. Colonel, vrodrex, wingshootr, BIG D, gullyjumper   Welcome peanut, Rocco, JD, bancroft redneck, KY. Colonel, vrodrex, wingshootr, BIG D, gullyjumper EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 1:27 am

welcome .............. cheers
Back to top Go down
Rhino Rob
SSXSRider Member
Rhino Rob

Number of posts : 2577
Registration date : 2009-01-25
Location : the home of the volunteers and port st joe tiger sharks

PostSubject: Re: Welcome peanut, Rocco, JD, bancroft redneck, KY. Colonel, vrodrex, wingshootr, BIG D, gullyjumper   Welcome peanut, Rocco, JD, bancroft redneck, KY. Colonel, vrodrex, wingshootr, BIG D, gullyjumper EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 8:46 am

welcome
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Number of posts : 7708
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Welcome peanut, Rocco, JD, bancroft redneck, KY. Colonel, vrodrex, wingshootr, BIG D, gullyjumper   Welcome peanut, Rocco, JD, bancroft redneck, KY. Colonel, vrodrex, wingshootr, BIG D, gullyjumper EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 10:05 am

Glad you joined us welcome
Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
CaptMorgansgirl
SSXSRider Member
CaptMorgansgirl

Number of posts : 1573
Registration date : 2008-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Welcome peanut, Rocco, JD, bancroft redneck, KY. Colonel, vrodrex, wingshootr, BIG D, gullyjumper   Welcome peanut, Rocco, JD, bancroft redneck, KY. Colonel, vrodrex, wingshootr, BIG D, gullyjumper EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 2:01 pm

welcome2
Back to top Go down
KY. Colonel
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2144
Registration date : 2010-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Welcome peanut, Rocco, JD, bancroft redneck, KY. Colonel, vrodrex, wingshootr, BIG D, gullyjumper   Welcome peanut, Rocco, JD, bancroft redneck, KY. Colonel, vrodrex, wingshootr, BIG D, gullyjumper EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 7:28 pm

Big-R wrote:
welcome2
Thanks for the welcome guys! I am a former dirt bike addict from central ky. whois slowly but surely recovering from a couple of massive strokes and one of my major goals is to get back into the woods and I am thinking that a sidexside might just facilitate that. What brand/model do y"all suggest I consider? cost and reliability are major considerations for me...
Thanks, The Colonel
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Number of posts : 7708
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Welcome peanut, Rocco, JD, bancroft redneck, KY. Colonel, vrodrex, wingshootr, BIG D, gullyjumper   Welcome peanut, Rocco, JD, bancroft redneck, KY. Colonel, vrodrex, wingshootr, BIG D, gullyjumper EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 8:22 pm

KY. Colonel wrote:
Big-R wrote:
welcome2
Thanks for the welcome guys! I am a former dirt bike addict from central ky. whois slowly but surely recovering from a couple of massive strokes and one of my major goals is to get back into the woods and I am thinking that a sidexside might just facilitate that. What brand/model do y"all suggest I consider? cost and reliability are major considerations for me...
Thanks, The Colonel

Well the question that most people on the site will ask you is, what do you plan on using it for, other than the woods and what are you wanting to haul with it. The 2 most poplar side x sides are the Polaris RZR and the Yamaha Rhino. The Rhino will haul more cargo and the owners of those will respond soon. The Polaris RZR and RZRS are the other poplar units. It will be faster, in most instances, but has less cargo carring space. It seams to be more comfortable to people who have owned both. Just what I've heard. The RZRS comes stock with most of the mods you will want. It is wider than the regular RZR, which is better for most of the places we go.

There are plenty of dealers of Yamaha and Polaris in your area to Louisville that you can test all of the side x sides that are out there. I sold a 2008 RZR last fall to some friends and they love it. I bought the RZRS, after that, and wish they had had that when I first bought. No regrets.

Others will chim in, I'm sure. Good Luck and welcome to the site.
Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Welcome peanut, Rocco, JD, bancroft redneck, KY. Colonel, vrodrex, wingshootr, BIG D, gullyjumper   Welcome peanut, Rocco, JD, bancroft redneck, KY. Colonel, vrodrex, wingshootr, BIG D, gullyjumper EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 8:31 pm

welcome2 rzr's and rhinos make up 90+% of what our members ride along with a few teryx's, rangers, arctic cats and others.
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
KY. Colonel
SSXSRider Member

PostSubject: Re: Welcome peanut, Rocco, JD, bancroft redneck, KY. Colonel, vrodrex, wingshootr, BIG D, gullyjumper   Welcome peanut, Rocco, JD, bancroft redneck, KY. Colonel, vrodrex, wingshootr, BIG D, gullyjumper EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 9:11 pm

Well the question that most people on the site will ask you is, what do you plan on using it for, other than the woods and what are you wanting to haul with it. The 2 most poplar side x sides are the Polaris RZR and the Yamaha Rhino. The
Thanks for the input. I will use it primarily for fun and getting me into the woods to hunt, however I will also use it on the farm for general stuff like feeding the horses and donkeys in Lexington and for pulling a mower and drag on the Mulenbergh Co. farm
The Colonel.
Back to top Go down
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

Number of posts : 6060
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Welcome peanut, Rocco, JD, bancroft redneck, KY. Colonel, vrodrex, wingshootr, BIG D, gullyjumper   Welcome peanut, Rocco, JD, bancroft redneck, KY. Colonel, vrodrex, wingshootr, BIG D, gullyjumper EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 9:32 pm

welcome2 welcome
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Welcome peanut, Rocco, JD, bancroft redneck, KY. Colonel, vrodrex, wingshootr, BIG D, gullyjumper   Welcome peanut, Rocco, JD, bancroft redneck, KY. Colonel, vrodrex, wingshootr, BIG D, gullyjumper EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 10:22 pm

KY. Colonel wrote:

Thanks for the input. I will use it primarily for fun and getting me into the woods to hunt, however I will also use it on the farm for general stuff like feeding the horses and donkeys in Lexington and for pulling a mower and drag on the Mulenbergh Co. farm
The Colonel.

You might look at the Teryx, Ranger or Rhino if you are going to hunt and use for the farm. All of these machines are good "all around Side by sides". The RZR is more capable in the woods but is very limited to what it can haul.

That is my two cents. I have a Rhino and a RZR.
Back to top Go down
tim
SSXSRider Member
tim

Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2008-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Welcome peanut, Rocco, JD, bancroft redneck, KY. Colonel, vrodrex, wingshootr, BIG D, gullyjumper   Welcome peanut, Rocco, JD, bancroft redneck, KY. Colonel, vrodrex, wingshootr, BIG D, gullyjumper EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 7:38 am

welcome2
Back to top Go down
KY. Colonel
SSXSRider Member

PostSubject: Re: Welcome peanut, Rocco, JD, bancroft redneck, KY. Colonel, vrodrex, wingshootr, BIG D, gullyjumper   Welcome peanut, Rocco, JD, bancroft redneck, KY. Colonel, vrodrex, wingshootr, BIG D, gullyjumper EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 1:20 pm

Thank you Big R, the input is appreciated. It's nice to see so many Bluegrass boys on the forum!
The Colonel,
Back to top Go down
JD
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2010-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Welcome peanut, Rocco, JD, bancroft redneck, KY. Colonel, vrodrex, wingshootr, BIG D, gullyjumper   Welcome peanut, Rocco, JD, bancroft redneck, KY. Colonel, vrodrex, wingshootr, BIG D, gullyjumper EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 7:25 pm

Thanks for the welcom folks, seems like a great group and already found tons of good info here. I'm new to the SxS but been doing ATVs since the ATC days, still own 2 ATC350x, 2 Kawa V-Force, couple Harleys and my latest love 08 Rhino 700, god I'm getting old, went from sport ATC's to Sport Quads and now SxS, loving it though. Look foward to seing some of you folks in the woods, mainly go to WV (wagon wheel) Mt City TN and looking foward to a Winrock trip. Hello again, JD, Concord NC
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome peanut, Rocco, JD, bancroft redneck, KY. Colonel, vrodrex, wingshootr, BIG D, gullyjumper   Welcome peanut, Rocco, JD, bancroft redneck, KY. Colonel, vrodrex, wingshootr, BIG D, gullyjumper Empty

Back to top Go down

Welcome peanut, Rocco, JD, bancroft redneck, KY. Colonel, vrodrex, wingshootr, BIG D, gullyjumper
Page 1 of 1